The hotel is located just outside the Disney area, less than two miles from Downtown Disney. Although this should be an easy drive, be prepared for some horrendous traffic leaving the Disney area via North Buena Vista Drive/Hotel Plaza Blvd. What should be a 5-10 minute trip can often take more than a half hour!
The hotel itself has a fairly large and attractive lobby area, as well as a very large breakfast area serving the typically very good HI Express breakfast. My room was fairly large, but would have benefited greatly from a good carpet cleaning. Lighting in the room was marginally OK, and some of the furniture was showing definite signs of wear. But the bed was quite comfortable.
I chose the hotel instead of paying the higher prices for a room at the Dolphin , the location of a conference that I was attending. If you are planning to do the same thing, you should be aware that parking at the Dolphin (and, I assume, at the other Disney properties) is $15.98 per day, with no in/out privileges. This somewhat diminishes the savings from staying outside the park.
I would be likely to return to the HI Express, but would certainly explore other routes for returning to the hotel after a day in Disney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista Orlando, Florida, a 100% non-smoking hotel, this first-class Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel is the closet to the Walt Disney World downtown disney area. Located one mile to Walt Disney World Resort area with free scheduled shuttle to Epcot . From Epcot , transportation is available to Magic Kingdom Park, Disney s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Downtown Disney. area is minutes away offering shopping and restaurants including House of Blues and Pleasure Island featuring nightlife and entertainment. Sea World, Universal Studios and City Walk are within 10 miles of the hotel. This Orlando hotel is in the heart of Central Florida attractions and shopping areas. Premium Outlet Shopping Center and Mall of Millennia are close by along with other outlet shopping areas. This hotel is ideal for children, adults and corporate guests. Start your day with our complimentary breakfast. The entire family will enjoy the outdoor pool. Inspired from nature, a waterfall cascades over giant rock formations into a sparkling pool. Bursting through the waterfall is a 50 foot water slide!We offer free high-speed Internet and free local calls.Orlando Orange County Convention Center is 6 miles. Designated Florida Green Lodging Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Orlando