“Horrible Stay”

Ranked #321 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Riverview, Florida
“Horrible Stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I was there recently from May 18-May 20,2012 , The room was horrible, the carpet was so stained you could not walk on it without shoes (this was our second room), the smell oh my goodness moldy smell, the curtains had mold,the air conditioner had mold. We brought neutralizer for the carpet and the furniture,I put an entire bottle of open amonia in there to suck up the odors of the room. We sat with the door open as much as possible.The beds the mattress's don't stay on when you sit on them or lay on them. sprayed neutralizer on the mattress,sheets,pillowcases , Urine smell in the stairwells . Never again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sherry w
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Polish first
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed here May 10-14, 2012. I had to request a different room when I got there Thursday night because the carpet was dirty & the room had that smell also. The 2nd room was much better on the 1st floor. It was clean. Housekeeping came every day. I did get locked out on the 3rd day because the battery in the door died. Although it took over an hour to locate security to let me in, he finally used his key & they replaced the battery the next morning. While I waited, I was offered another room but I didn't want it. I disliked going next door to the Radisson for ice & paying for breakfast. They need to get their own breakfast thing going. Check out was quick. It's conveniently located on I Drive & many things are in walking distance. Overall it was just ok. I would choose another place next time.

Room Tip: I liked being in the room facing the parking lot on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Never again, carpet stains and it stinks!!! the stairs smelled like pee..not what I expected when I arrived there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Fort White, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the bed was comfortable. At 12:00 a.m. I had to go to the lobby to get my own linens for the pull out couch. All of the ice machines were broken and I was told I could get ice at the Raddison next door...at 12:30 a.m. Really??? There were LOUD people on the balcony outside of our room until well after 1:30 a.m. When we went to the pool the next day I happened to notice that the Health Department closed down the pool bar for safety reasons. I don't care how much I save I will not be staying at this place again nor will I recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizaberth B
Reviewed 14 May 2012

our friends in Florida booked this room for us with miles but when we got there we had to pay a resort fee. the indoor pool they claimed to have was the YMCA next door that was unavailable the day we got there for another event. We couldn't get into the room until 4pm because they were cleaning them. Our key card didn't open the door. When they chained out the locking mechanism and we finnally got into the room it was filthy. There was hair on the lamp, toilet seat was broken and we were afraid to sit on any of the furniture. There was no ice on any floor or even the bar area. We had to go next door to the Radison. Although the Radison's name was on our key card holder they said they were not affiliated with the Metropolitan. We tried to get a room at the Radison but they were completely booked. We went across the parking lot to a place that only had suites and booked a double suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen and livingroom and went to get our friends out of the dive they obviously hadn't seen before they booked.

Room Tip: I wouldn't give this place even a one rating on anything.
Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple