“BRILLIANT STAY, EXCELLENT VALUE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orlando Metropolitan Resort

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #315 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
bristol
“BRILLIANT STAY, EXCELLENT VALUE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

A little bit late writing this review and it is my first one. Me and my partner (ages 28 and 35)stayed here in October 2011 for 2 weeks. It was both our first time to Florida and we were very surprised at what we got for our money. The hotel doesnt jump out at you with its beauty but its clean and tidy and the food was excellent. Me and my partner loved the massive room and it was kept clean daily. The pool was very nice and the pool bar must be the cheapest around!! We got drunk on 7 dollars there!! every other night cost us 50 plus!! For value you really cannot go wrong. We looked at some of the reviews before we went and saw pictures of a broken light bulb and someone moaning about it.....if you are that way inclined and want perfect decor then you need to pay more money for a 5 start hotel im afraid as the exterior walls and the odd braoken bulb (which we didnt see by the way) is the only thing that needs doing up in this hotel. I am not fussy but i have standards and this hotel way exceeded these. Whats important is the food, cleanliness and the space and we got all of that in a superb location for £600 for both of us for two weeks bed and breakfast from iceloll.com!!! The staff there were truly amazing too, so friendly and genuinly wanted to help you. Def go for the happy bus pas things as they are excellent value for money and very often.

We would def recommend the "Friendlys" restaurant right on the corner of the road by the hotel, 2 courses and free re-fill drinks for 9.99 dollars and great tasting food. Also an all you can eat chinese buffett just down the road #(walking distance) which was fab!! Obviously you are in a different country so dont expect everything to be the same as home. We went for an indian meal one night and my partner was appalled as it was nothing like back home, but the flavour in my opinion was actually better!

For the trips we went on the murder mystery night and it was really good fun! We loved it, so worth the money, and if you like a tipple, the drinks are free all night long. Obviously we done universal too.....please, please bring plasters ad COMFY shoes...i had NO idea i would be walking a marathon everyday, the place is just so big.

City walk on a night time is a must, if you love music like us then the bob marley really made it for me!! reggae all night, you can go from bar to bar as you please so thats good too.

All in all we would go back in a heartbeat as this place really is excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same from what we could see, We were up on the second floor and the sunset was go...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karla g
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Manager i think his name is Jim and he is very rude .... They charge a resort fee additional to what you pay online. They told me he would get these fee's regardless and that he could charge me parking or resort fee but i will pay .. The rooms are nice though but it is a drive up hotel that you enter from out side ..

In addition to that they have a lot of younger people that are drinking late into the night. there were (2) guys hanging in the hall in front of there room with just towels on . They also have blowers they use very early in the am so you are sure not to be able to sleep in ..

Room Tip: If going to theme parks, Hwy 192 In kissimee has a lot of hotels to choose from also . there are so...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John p

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

The room was filthy, I had my socks on all the time and they turned black. The air conditioning had a weird smell and my in-laws got bitten by bed bugs. One of the worst hotels I've stayed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alebasi85
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

First off, they double booked our room. In the middle of the night, a family of 4 came barging in our room. They changed our room, however the key didn't work. Even the manager came up with the master key and still couldn't get the door open. Finally we got put in a 3rd room that had no hair dryer, no towels and a broke phone. We told the manager our phone was broken and were told it would be fixed, however no one showed. The second night we had to go down to the lobby in the middle of the night to have the manager come get rid of the bugs in our room. The tv worked half the time but only had about 10 channels and the hotel was completely out of ice. I actually heard the worker tell the guest he would have to buy ice at a jiffy mart.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was confirmed for a deluxe king at this hotel. The room we were given had two double beds. There was to be a coffee maker in the room but there was not one. If the traffic getting to the hotel had not taken 2 hours to go 1.6 miles, I would have asked for the room we requested. To change rooms would have made us late to the show we were going to attend so we stayed in that room. I didn't see the part of a surcharge for internet usage or I would have left my laptop at home.

All in all, very disappointed in the room. In addition to the other problems listed earlier, there were very few cable channels in English and the parking was horrible (we had to park VERY far away from the hotel in a dark parking lot). I felt like it was a very poor value for my money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple