This has got to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. We were a group of 5 staying in three rooms. one room on arrival had toe nail clippings on the carpet so clearly hadnt been hoovered. Another room the tv had no signal and so had a fuzzy picture and the last room the bed covers had huge holes in them and the windows didnt lock. Our ironing board was broken so went down to reception to ask it to be changed, we stayed for 14days and it was never changed. The poolside was horrible, it was never swept and so there would be peoples rubbish and cigarette ends by the side of the pool, at one point i even noticed someones old plasters in the pool. The hotel doesnt have an elavator so you have to drag your luggage up the stairs. The stairwell area smells and people would sometimes leave their litter their which was hardly ever picked up. The breakfast wasnt really up to much although passable. It consisted of bagels, bread, cereal, pastries and cakes. The only downside to this was that you had to wait in a huge queue with the other hotel guests to use the one toaster in the breakfast area ( at the poolside ) to toast your bagel or bread and then wait a while for cream cheese or jam. The only positive thing i can really say about this hotel is that it is in a great location on international drive. Directly accross from wet'n'wild, around the corner from universal studios etc. My advise to anyone would be to avoid this hotel at all costs, really not worth the money they make you pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando