Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #175 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
London, United Kingdom
“Busy Easter Weekend”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights over Easter Weekend with family of 4 and over-all we were very pleased. Nice, clean, spacious rooms, with 2 huge TVs.

Breakfast was fine, but since hotel was fully booked it was very, very crowded in the mornings. Staff slow at clearing tables and putting out food and there was long queue for the cooked food. Also long waiting time to get an elevator.

Pool area well maintained but pool too small for such a large hotel.

Good location close to everything a touristing family could want!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I agree; Easter and Christmas are about as busy as it gets in Orlando. Travel Tip: typically the week’s pre/post and a lot slower. :) I'm so glad you found everything including our location suitable for your holiday! We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Thank you for posting your experience and have a "Suite" day!

john.parkinson@hilton.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Toronto
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stay at this hotel from April 6 to 10.
First day check in to the room, bathroom sink dirty with spots. Fridge was not working.
Second day breakfast time, Kid broke a dish and no one clean up. Broken pieces was stay on floor for hours.
Third day shuttle bus to Disney broke down. After waiting for 45 minutes under the sun, someone came and make arrangement. He did not ask according to who line-up first, just pick whoever he want. Ask help from reception and was told bus already outside, not even check what has happened. Our group line-up first and on the van last, ask the man "what's your name?" Reply very rude "I don`t have name." We`re also told to make up return time, otherwise no pick-up. I picked this hotel due to shuttle bus available but . . .
Fourth day went to breakfast, floor was so dirty and sticky. Every step can hear the wreeking sound. Can found mugs with lipsticks everyday!!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
I am very sorry we did not live up to your expectations; or frankly ours to be honest. I have shared your experience with the team because there are much better ways to handle these experiences. I can assure you this is not the typical experience our guests have and we will coach the team in these areas to make it right.

Thank you for posting your experience and have a "Suite" day!

john.parkinson@hilton.com
Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 16 nights on our first visit to Orlando and were not disappointed. Rooms are spacious and clean, pools are nicely maintained, staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is more than you could ever wish for. The shuttle service to the parks is well managed albeit slightly limited but a much better option than hiring a car in my opinion. The location is brilliant, right in the middle of some of the nicer restaurants and bars on I-drive and is opposite Bahama Breeze, our personal favourite. Top that off with a lovely surprise Birthday Cake on my birthday and what more could we ask? Would (and already have) recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed April 2012
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you so much for posting your experience and also recommending us to others! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a nice Birthday! Seems like people loving Bahama Breeze is the theme this month on our Tripadvisor reviews; I don’t blame them. I hope you had the chance to check out some of the other great spots on International Drive while you were here! A Fogo de Chao just opened within a 5 min walk and it is awesome! It’s a Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse so it’s impossible to leave not stuffed! Just one more spot for you to try on your next visit!

Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I selected this hotel for our kids Spring Break vacation 4/7-4/14/12 based on TA reviews, and we could not have have made a better decision. The hotel is located directly across the street from one of our favorite Orlando restaurants- Bahama Breeze.. and is surrounded by numerous restaurants, shopping & entertainment venues all w/n walking distance. Disney parks & Universal Studio are only short drives away. We were pleased from the moment we checked in until we departed. The check in lady ( Joanne) was so very pleasant, she reminded me of my sweet grandmother. The entire hotel is clean, nicely decorated, and has a very relaxing, laid back vibe. On Easter Sunday, the Easter Bunny treated the children at Breakfast to easter eggs... nice touch. The staff were friendly and courteous; it is obvious that this a very well managed property, and the staff has been expertly trained in delivering good customer service. My teenager and 8 yr old girls enjoyed the pools, where we met the nicest employee Lennox , in their restaurant. He served us poolside lunch & drinks; and Lennox makes the best long island iced tea I have ever tasted. Lennox has service with a SMILE down to an artform. The rooms are typical of modern ES, very large, spacious & clean. My one area of disappointment was with the housekeeping staff, they appear to not have embraced the concept of good service as the rest of the staff. I had to constantly request towels etc; and they did not always clean the rooms as well as I expected. This was not a major problem, however, because the front desk staff responded so quickly to our requests that we overlooked the shortcomings of the house keeping staff. Breakfast was terrific, with great service and good , healthy choices. My 8 year old was unhappy that there was no French Toast , so I had to take her to IHOP, but the rest of the family enjoyed breakfast. The store in the lobby had a great variety of items to purchase at reasonable prices. Internet Access was a breeze, my husband worked a litte, and we had no issues with internet speed & efficiency. Upon checkin- I mentioned to Joanne that I would be celebrating my B'day on the 11th, and to my utter delight, this wonderful hotel delivered an entire birthday cake, w/ candles and all to my room on my B'day. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness and kindness, I almost cried. On our last day, my little girl said, " mommy can we stay here again?" I thought she meant could she return to see micky & minnie; , but she clarified that she wanted to stay at this hotel the next time we visit Orlando, which we do 1-2X year as my children are Disney fanatics. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.... we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. thanks embassy suites.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 7th or 8th floorsfacing the pool so that you wont be disturbed by the pitter pat...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Luvtravel
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Jo Ann (AKA the Easter Bunny) and Lennox are outstanding examples of great team members and I will be sure to recognize them personally.

I'm a huge fan of Bahama Breeze also! I always look forward to a scallop special they run a few times a year. Lastly, Happy Birthday! We always love to know when a guest is celebrating something special. Just because you are not at home, doesn't mean you don't get a cake! :)

Oakland, CA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here with my bf to celebrate my Birthday. I requested a room away from the freeway and elevator and was given a balcony room with an awesome view of I-Drive. We stayed during the weekend and could hear people attempting karaoke at the bar across the street at night, which was pretty hilarious. The breakfast was very convenient and the parking was easy. The staff was very friendly and would always greet us; they went out of their way to ask us how our stay was and where we were from, etc. It's a very quick drive to Universal Studios.

My only complaint is I personally notified the front desk staff that the phone in the bedroom was not working before we left for a late dinner our last night. I was assured it would be fixed within 15 minutes since we were leaving. Imagine my surprise when we had to walk to the next room the following morning to answer our 4 am wake up call. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place if you're staying on I-Drive. Some of the other places more towards North I-Drive are kind of sketchy/ghetto and we did not feel that way here.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and freeway. If you request a balcony room, check to see it...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you so much for posting this great review! You know, I was there around that night attempting to sing a Maroon 5 song, so I hope you weren't laughing at me? I had the same exact thing happen to me with the phone on a recent hotel stay. I apologize and know how inconvenient that can be. We will make sure your next stay is problem free!

Thank you again for posting your experience and we hope to see you soon!