Everything is just wrong about this property. If you check in and are an elite member, expect to have to wait 1-2 hrs to check into your room (check in time is 4pm). Don't bother asking to speak to another manager. When I checked in, the first manager seemed fairly uneducated. After waiting a couple of hrs for my room, I asked to speak to another manager. Evidently, in the late afternoon, this hotel operates without management. They said they have no managers on duty.
The AC barely works in the hotel, so be prepared to ask for a fan, or purchase one at the Walgreens next door. Which is good, as it'll help block out the loud noise from the atrium.
As mentioned the rooms are tired and dated. Paint will be cracked, somewhat dingy feeling (especially the bathroom). Toiletries may or may not be replaced daily. The rooms are wired funny. In the main room, the outlets are wired to the master light switch. You turn off the overhead light in the living room, turns out the outlets as well. This makes charging your laptop and other electronics on the main table/desk more of a challenge. Also, powering the fan you'll need will require some trickery.
Beds and pillows are extremely soft and will collapse under any weight. Horrible night sleep.
The good. The breakfast, isn't quite as good as other Embassy Suites, but serviceable. The elevators are fast, and the parking spots are large enough to accommodate SUVs. They also use the standard easy to use Hilton alarm clocks.
If you are a novice traveler/vacationer with somewhat lower expectations (you want a free hot breakfast with your room, and 2 room suite of any kind), this will probably work (cheap rates can be had online or advance payment). If you are a seasoned traveler, or business traveler, this is not the right hotel for you. A dump, but unfortunately how Embassy Suites are starting to downward trend to. I feel i'll start staying at DB Trees, Hamptons, or Garden Inns. No more Embassy Suites for me. I've never needed a fan at these hotels. Embassy, well, better bring one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel, steps from International Drive shopping and dining, and near world-famous theme parks. We're less than two miles from Orange County Convention Center, and 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Take the I-Ride Trolley to the convention center or the complimentary shuttle to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando and Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark. This hotel near International Drive is an all-suite hotel providing convenient access to local attractions. Stretch out in a spacious two-room suite on the sofa bed in the living area or in the private bedroom. Keep drinks and snacks cool in the refrigerator. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and beverages and light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Unwind after a convention center meeting, a day at the theme parks, or shopping along International Drive. Take in the beauty of our open-air atrium by the indoor waterfalls. Host your function at the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel. Our Executive Boardroom provides meeting space near the convention center and Orlando businesses. Relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our modern fitness center, and enjoy complimentary WiFi. * Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Highlights All-suite hotel near International Drive and Orange County Convention Center Complimentary scheduled theme park transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Wet 'n Wild(R), & Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark International Drive hotel steps from shopping, dining, and entertainment Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception* Complimentary WiFi, outdoor pool, and modern fitness center Perfect Orlando event venue for business meetings, weddings, & more for up to 300 guests What to do around here Our Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel is a proud Universal Orlando(R) Partner Hotel providing complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a complimentary Evening Reception*. Drive less than 8 miles to visit Walt Disney World(R) Resort, including: Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Epcot(R), Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios(R). Discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment steps from our International Drive hotel. In addition, ride the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando's famous outlet malls and the Orange County Convention Center. Other notable attractions include the Mall at Millenia, The Holy Land Experience, and the Amway Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando
- Embassy Suites Orlando
- Orlando Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Orlando Jamaican Court