“TERRIBLE...There is MUCH better in Orlando”

Quality Suites Universal South
Ranked #277 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Tallahassee, Florida
“TERRIBLE...There is MUCH better in Orlando”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you are the type of traveller that likes having garbage all over the grounds, this place is for you. If you like to be treated rudely this place is for you. If you enjoy eating in a very small cramped area, you guessed it this place is for you. However, if you would rather stay in a nicer hotel (for the same amount of money) there is MUCH better in Orlando.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 6773Traveler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Before booking this hotel we went to check it out because of the listed reviews. I don't know why they were written but this hotel was perfectly clean and looked exactly like the pictures. I question the bad comments written and their motives. A competitor maybe? I travel a lot and would not have one issue staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank gregory1984
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stay here for 3 days 2 night and it was horrible. The bathroom floors were dirty the carpet was dirty we had to slam the door to make sure it was closed all the way. The people beside us stayed up all night out side our door making all kinds of noise we had to call the front desk to tell them to quite down . My kids woke up to get breakfast the first morning and they told them they could not bring it bck to the room . The next morning they went they made waffles they had 2 a piece but before they could get done making them they were rudely yelled at buy the African American lady in the kitchen (Vicky) saying ''one waffle per person so wen your done you need to leave'' and it was crowded when she did that so I walked up to the front desk and told the the lady at the desk she told me my kids gave her attitude and we need to respect her that's bull if she had no business gettin in my face kids face if she had a problem with them gettin jus one waffle there need to be a sign up saying tht which it's not . She couldn't even explain to me why she yelled at my kids she tryed to flip it and say she was talking to everybody . I then ask to file and incident report the lady at the front desk gave me one and when I asked for the lady name in the kitchen she didn't know it . How in the hell you don't know your co workers name ? They also hve false advertisement they say it's a tiki bar by the pool yea it's there but it looks abandon and looks like its been broke down for years not up in running the man told me if I want to drink I need to go inside . I will not be coming back to this piece of shh anymore and I won't recommend it either don't waste your money they have roaches too !!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Jadee_boo
Mayetta, NJ
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel is average, clean with some problems with the bathroom drainage we ended up changing our room because there were no maintenance staff was available.

The breakfast seating was ridiculously crowded! Not enough seating.

The front desk clerk Irina was exceptionally helpful and friendly, she made our experience much better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2012

In May of 2011 my wife and I were attending a conference in Orlando and needed a hotel room for a couple of nights. I was a bit nervous about staying here from some of the reviews but we were shopping location to the Orlando Hilton, where the meetings were, and price. So I booked us in for one night, thinking that if it was really bad, we'd go somewhere else the next two.

This is an old property that has been renovated. The renovation was done okay but the property is not being kept up well so everything is quickly wearing again. Our bottom floor room was okay but was starting to wear out already. We did not see any bugs like others have and we got good rest, except for noisy guests directly above us. Folks, if you are going to stay in a hotel, be mindful that you are not at home and don't let your kids jump off the beds onto the floor at 1 in the morning!

The next day at checkout we decided we would stay there and asked for an upstairs room. The room we got was much nicer, almost brand new and hardly used after the renovation. Apparently they don't rotate the use of the rooms and book the bottom floor first so if you are going to stay here, ask for an upstairs room. Our second night was much better as the room was like being in a new hotel.

The breakfast experience is something else. Because this is a popular family motel, it's a whole lot of people jammed into a tiny space. Talk about elbows in ribs and it's LOUD! The food is okay...when you can get any. Don't go here for the food and try to eat as soon as the breakfast area opens.

The motel is a typical motel. The rooms have been renovated but are wearing out again and depending on which one you get, you may find mold, dirt, other problems and unwanted guests (roaches) sharing your pad. As far as our stay, it was okay. But you can find much better, cleaner properties just down the road for the same price!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room. They apparently book the bottom floor first and those are the most worn. T...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business