All reviewsmr palmerbay windowgolf resortpractice facilitybit datedmin drivestayed for nightsexcellent staycoffee makerinternational drivepgatennisfloridahallwayrefrigeratordisneyparks
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We spent 3 nights at the Arnold Palmer Bay Lodge between Christmas and New Year 2017. We were coming to Orlando to do tourist things and chose this this hotel as the price on Expedia at peak time of year was heavily discounted at just US$150 per night. Being a hotel on a golf course we had no idea what to expect.

It turned out to be a fantastic choice. The hotel is in a residential neighbourhood in an affluent suburb of Orlando. A short drive from the hotel there are lots of great restaurants to chose from. At the same time, it is only a 10 minute drive to Universal Studios so easily accessible to the main tourist areas, without all the horrible traffic around International Drive.

The hotel itself was fine. The golf course was nice to look at (we don't play golf). As other reviews point out, the rooms are getting a bit tired, albeit spacious. The furniture would have been grand in the early 1990's (it's all large, timber furniture) but interior design has moved on since then.

The hotel has a well equipped gym (which we used multiple times) and a nice indoor pool. We didn't try the restaurants at the hotel - there is a lot of choice nearby.

In summary, for the price we paid, it was a delightful surprise.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hotsyd22
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the golf course. The course was an amazing shape. It plays tough with some stunning holes. This is a Course I could play every day. Our caddie Hector was spectacular and Robin the starter was great. The practice facility is well maintained.

Our wasn’t expecting much from our room. We were going in thinking it would be as bad as Pinehurst but it was far from that. Our Bay Hill suite was large. The bed was comfortable. The pillows weren’t great but they were good enough. The complimentary coffee and tea in the morning were a nice addition as is the free parking.

The food here was great as was the service in the grill area. I was impressed by their wine list. After spending 3 days at a golf resort outside of Tampa that starts with an S and ends in song where the food was god awful the meals here were good.

The reservation system has gotten a bit better but it’s still not great and I’m amazed the reservation line can connect you to the pro shop. Speaking of the pro shop, service in there was first class.

Overall a great stay and I would go back again and soon.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We had just the one night at Bay hill, Husband and son were desperate to play golf and you have to stay to play! We were allocated a villa overlooking the water. It was spacious , clean and very comfortable. The clubhouse was friendly and very relaxed. The course I am told was the best ever. All in all our stay was first class. Not the cheapest! But you get what you pay for. Would love to go back again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My husband won the weekend at a silent auction, and we really enjoyed our time there. We played golf twice on their really nice course. Our forecaddy JD was the best!! I had my best score in over a year!
The rooms are very nice. Only things I missed were jewelry safe and coffee maker. However excellent coffee is available on the second floor.
We had three breakfast meals at their buffet which were fine.
All the service people are unbelievably nice and can’t say enough nice things about “Mr. Palmer”!! He was quite fixture around here and was always welcoming to everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

M wife and I planned a trip to Orlando and as an avid golfer and fan of Arnold Palmer, it has always been on my bucket list to stay at his resort and to play golf at Bay Hill, so we booked 3 nights at the resort. From the moment we pulled up to the entrance until the time we checked we have a wonderful time. Some reviews reference that the resort is dated or old. Granted, it is not an ultra modern hotel or resort, but it is one that is steeped in golf history and we would not have wanted it any other way. The resort is beautiful and it is very warm and inviting. We had a king suite on the first floor overlooking the golf course and the room was immaculate, spacious and very comfortable. Throughout the entire resort, there are amazing pictures that document Arnold Palmer's life. You walk the halls as if you were in a museum because there are such great photographs and paintings.

We cannot say enough about the outstanding customer service at the resort. Every member of the staff that we came in contact with made us feel right at home and as if we were members of the club. The friendliness and service is very genuine and it is not forced at all. You can immediately tell the people that work there truly enjoy being there and providing great customer service.

The food is outstanding. We ate breakfast at the resort every morning and it was delicious. All of the people working in the dining room for breakfast were great. One person that really stands out for us is Sandy. She took care of us the most mornings. She always greeted us with a good morning and a big smile and talked with us about our plans for the day. Each morning she would ask us about our previous day and always made sure we had everything we needed for the day ahead. We had lunch and dinner at the resort as well, and I can't say enough about how good the food is. We also spent a few afternoons at the bar for drinks and snacks, and enjoyed that as well.

The golf course was amazing! As I said, it was always a dream of mine to play Bay Hill as I've watched the PGA tournament on TV every year. We played on our second day there and had a 10:00 am tee time. After breakfast, we walked around the resort a bit and then headed to the pro shop to check in. We were warmly greeted and checked in and our golf bags were already on a cart waiting for us. I walked over to the starter's shed and was warmly greeted by the starter who spent about 10 minutes with me talking about the course. The practice facilities are great. I spent some time on the range and the putting green and about 15 minutes before our scheduled tee time, the starter came over and asked if we wanted to get out a few minutes early. The course was in great condition from fairways to greens. We were paired up with a lovely couple from the UK. The gentleman volunteers for the Mastercard Invitational every year so he knew the course very well and we had such a good time with them hearing their stories about the tournament, the course and the professional golfers. It made our experience that much more enjoyable. The course is not easy at all, but it is fair and playable. The temptation is there to try and bomb your shots, and in some cases you can, but in others I found it better to dial back and play more strategically. Playing the course far exceeded my expectations.

Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge exudes all of the outstanding qualities, character, values and respect that Mr. Palmer displayed throughout his life. The Saunders family continues bringing that forward each and every day as you can see that commitment in everything the resort stands for and how they treat their guests. I would like to thank everyone at the resort for making our trip so special and so memorable. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: First floor rooms/suites have an outdoor sitting area which overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple