All reviews mr palmer bay window golf resort practice facility bit dated min drive stayed for nights excellent stay coffee maker international drive pga tennis florida hallway refrigerator disney parks
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We had just the one night at Bay hill, Husband and son were desperate to play golf and you have to stay to play! We were allocated a villa overlooking the water. It was spacious , clean and very comfortable. The clubhouse was friendly and very relaxed. The course I am told was the best ever. All in all our stay was first class. Not the cheapest! But you get what you pay for. Would love to go back again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My husband won the weekend at a silent auction, and we really enjoyed our time there. We played golf twice on their really nice course. Our forecaddy JD was the best!! I had my best score in over a year!
The rooms are very nice. Only things I missed were jewelry safe and coffee maker. However excellent coffee is available on the second floor.
We had three breakfast meals at their buffet which were fine.
All the service people are unbelievably nice and can’t say enough nice things about “Mr. Palmer”!! He was quite fixture around here and was always welcoming to everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

M wife and I planned a trip to Orlando and as an avid golfer and fan of Arnold Palmer, it has always been on my bucket list to stay at his resort and to play golf at Bay Hill, so we booked 3 nights at the resort. From the moment we pulled up to the entrance until the time we checked we have a wonderful time. Some reviews reference that the resort is dated or old. Granted, it is not an ultra modern hotel or resort, but it is one that is steeped in golf history and we would not have wanted it any other way. The resort is beautiful and it is very warm and inviting. We had a king suite on the first floor overlooking the golf course and the room was immaculate, spacious and very comfortable. Throughout the entire resort, there are amazing pictures that document Arnold Palmer's life. You walk the halls as if you were in a museum because there are such great photographs and paintings.

We cannot say enough about the outstanding customer service at the resort. Every member of the staff that we came in contact with made us feel right at home and as if we were members of the club. The friendliness and service is very genuine and it is not forced at all. You can immediately tell the people that work there truly enjoy being there and providing great customer service.

The food is outstanding. We ate breakfast at the resort every morning and it was delicious. All of the people working in the dining room for breakfast were great. One person that really stands out for us is Sandy. She took care of us the most mornings. She always greeted us with a good morning and a big smile and talked with us about our plans for the day. Each morning she would ask us about our previous day and always made sure we had everything we needed for the day ahead. We had lunch and dinner at the resort as well, and I can't say enough about how good the food is. We also spent a few afternoons at the bar for drinks and snacks, and enjoyed that as well.

The golf course was amazing! As I said, it was always a dream of mine to play Bay Hill as I've watched the PGA tournament on TV every year. We played on our second day there and had a 10:00 am tee time. After breakfast, we walked around the resort a bit and then headed to the pro shop to check in. We were warmly greeted and checked in and our golf bags were already on a cart waiting for us. I walked over to the starter's shed and was warmly greeted by the starter who spent about 10 minutes with me talking about the course. The practice facilities are great. I spent some time on the range and the putting green and about 15 minutes before our scheduled tee time, the starter came over and asked if we wanted to get out a few minutes early. The course was in great condition from fairways to greens. We were paired up with a lovely couple from the UK. The gentleman volunteers for the Mastercard Invitational every year so he knew the course very well and we had such a good time with them hearing their stories about the tournament, the course and the professional golfers. It made our experience that much more enjoyable. The course is not easy at all, but it is fair and playable. The temptation is there to try and bomb your shots, and in some cases you can, but in others I found it better to dial back and play more strategically. Playing the course far exceeded my expectations.

Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge exudes all of the outstanding qualities, character, values and respect that Mr. Palmer displayed throughout his life. The Saunders family continues bringing that forward each and every day as you can see that commitment in everything the resort stands for and how they treat their guests. I would like to thank everyone at the resort for making our trip so special and so memorable. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: First floor rooms/suites have an outdoor sitting area which overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank estrnmountain
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We fell in love with this Hotel and golf course. It's an old feel to the hotel,couldn't call it modern but that added to its charm for us. We loved the whole experience from start to finish.The whole place is steeped in history, class and charisma.The Golf Course was such a joy to play and they let us finish the round the next morning as we got called in for the last few holes.
The potato chip and blue cheese starter was to die for! We are so looking forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking onto the golf course.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Even though I have been in the area many times, I never stayed at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge. A pity which I found out this week. It is a very nice hotel at a reasonable rate. Staff is very friendly and breakfast tasty. The courses are just wonderful and we loved it a lot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple