All reviews spg points garden grove water taxi to epcot swan boats il mulino walking distance to the boardwalk magic kingdom and animal kingdom grotto pool east wing resort fee epcot center yacht and beach club world showcase walt disney lobby bar sister property toilet and shower
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was the best trip I have every had. :My family and I had lots of fun. The room service was awesome. The staff was very helpful. The tour was excellent. The food was excellent. I plan to go to Disney World again. I will encourage others to come.

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank daisyfreeman10
Reviewed 5 April 2018

we stayed late in march for 5 days, the hotel is very nice, hotel room is nice size, there is a nice pool area which my grandkids enjoyed, the location is terrific as you can walk to both epcot and hollywood studios and bus it to magic kingdom and animal kingdom. the big advantage besides the location is that you can use your sheraton (spg) points or marriott points to stay here or at the swan which is right next to the dolphin. i would stay here again for free, the areas that need improvement are the dining choices which are mainly too expensive. the cafeteria looks like a school cafeteria and the food choices are not presented in a way that looks appetizing. the area needs to be modernized. the coffee shop food is also too expensive. but since the boardwalk area is a 2 minute walk, you can go there to their bakery, espn restaurant, big river restaurant or the food stands which are more reasonable. the other area of improvement is the mattresses which are hard and lumpy, guaranteed to give you a backache if you lie on your back. overall though, it is a good place to stay for its location.

Room Tip: there are rooms that face the fireworks or you can see them from the boardwalk area
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank blustig77
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I do not care for Disney. It's just not my thing in my humble opinion. With that said, I do go for my kids enjoyment (10 and 12 yrs old now) and I love staying here because it is an oasis to all that is Disney. There is a kids club that is great for those adult dinners and the boat to the parks is a wonderful way to get to the parks-yea, no bus! The swimming pool is top notch here. I love the Fuel self-serve restaurant in-house. I perched myself at a thick wooden table there for 2 hours and watercolored in my travel journal with coffee while the rest of the family slept one morning, ahhhh, I loved that. We stayed here for 2 nights this time before heading out on a Disney cruise. I am contemplating writing about that but I'm afraid the Disney enthusiasts won't care for it and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Room Tip: I don't think there could be a bad room here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank JayneinDenver
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The hotel location is great. It is a short boat ride or walk to Epcot and all the Epcot resorts. You can also locate this hotel easily almost anywhere on property due to it's size :) The lobby is gorgeous, and all of the staff we encountered were friendly. We stayed 5 nights here using our points from the SPG credit card. I was aware of the resort and parking fees, but they were still sad to pay. If you are able to use the amenities, it is close to worth it. We rode the included Swan paddle boats which where fun. We also enjoyed all of the pools and played ping pong. They also had a playground with a giant chessboard, a basketball goal, and volleyball court. We did venture out to the smores fires in which they gave out smores kits and offered sticks alongside their fire pits from 6-7 every night. Our room had a nice view of the pool/ beach area and had some fireworks visibility. The carpet in the halls were well worn. Our room was standardly furnished. It was nothing special. We also had to stay on the Dolphin side because it could house 5 guests. There were only 2 double beds, and there was a $20 charge per night for a rollaway which would have been a tight fit. My 8 year old ended up sleeping on a pallet in the floor. All of the fees seem like nickel and diming, which I am not a fan of. I enjoyed the use of some Disney perks like extra magic hours and the 60 day fastpass reservations but missed using the Magic Bands for everything. Our favorite close by dining options were a quick walk to the Boardwalk.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank amyw2012
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here before, a while back, and our experience was unfortunately worse then our prior stays, which were bad enough. I have to be honest, my wife and I were expecting much more, which we didn’t get close to receiving. Upon checking in, the valet staff were amazing, and that’s pretty much all we can say for the stay, that’s at least complimentary. The staff were overall very rude, especially the bell desk. When asking them to hold our laundry for a pickup from another provider, the gentleman was actually visibly and audibly angry, we weren’t using the hotels service. The front desk staff weren’t much better, other then welcoming us as Platinum members, that’s pretty much where it stopped as well. The hotel is dated, only two of the elevators worked (east elevators), overall very disappointing stay, which we will not be planning again anytime soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
WDWSDExecutiveOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Jonathan S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It is regrettable that your stay was met with so many disappointments. This is certainly not up to our standards nor is it the type of experience we want for our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience so that enhancements can be made. Please accept our apologies for the disappointments and poor service you encountered throughout your stay. Your experience has been shared with our senior Leadership team so that proper follow up with our team can be conducted.

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum member and for giving our resort a try.