All reviews parking garage orange ave amway center indoor pool train noise lake eola park entertainment area complimentary breakfast was good ice maker enjoyed my stay hotel experience common areas nice amenities full kitchen would definitely stay here again higher floor very nice stay
Reviewed 1 September 2018

The hotel is pretty new. Rooms are nice. Bed is great. Breakfast is what you expect from Residence Inn and they refill the buffet always very fast.
Around the hotel is a lot of construction. But traffic is hard to hear because we have our room to the side of the air conditioning system. Very noisy all night long.

The hotel is about 20 minutes away from Universal Studios. Not in the nicest area, but that is OK.

After we came back from our first day at Universals, the room was not done. We checked if we the ‘Do not disturb’-Sign was at the door, but it was inside the room.
This can happen. But when I did check with the lady at the reception, she only mentioned that she will check with housekeeping the next day. No apology. Not offering fresh towels, nothing.

Maybe I'm too much used to better service as Marriott Platinum Member. Or maybe that is the standard friendliness in the South. No Idea.

The indoor pool is big and very nice.

It can be noisy because of the traffic. If you have a room to the back you can hear all night long the Air Conditioner. But you get used to that noise and it helps to overlay traffic noise.
Breakfast Buffet will be refilled pretty quickly.
The bed was amazing. Never slept in such a great bad (not at home and not in 1000 Hotel nights). Maybe the management can make a note about the mattresses. Need to have those!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your experiences with us during your recent stay at Residence Inn Orlando Downtown.

It is always great to hear our guests feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you!

The city of Orlando is in the process of improving our roadways, as the hotel is near some of the construction. We can provide guests a room location in a more quiet location of the hotel so that you are not affected by outside and A/C noise disturbance. I also understand your comments regarding the oversight of our housekeeping service. I do apologize that your room was not serviced upon returning back to the hotel. I will also ensure that our front desk staff is more attentive and take the appropriate action on this type of issue. Our intentions is to provide a welcoming and pleasant experience to our guest, as I hope that you can provide us another opportunity to better serve you.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Orlando Downtown and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

First of all, the late night person who was working when I stayed is awesome. Her name starts with a “Z”. Her name escapes me. She went above and beyond to get me settled and checked in. I stayed the night as my flight was cancelled.

I’m not sure how old the hotel is but it looks really new. The room I had was spacious and had all the things you expect in a residence inn. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was big.

The breakfast in the morning was excellent. They had enough staff on site to keep the food refreshed and tables cleared and clean. It was busy but it’s what you can expect at residence inns. It’s more about how well the hotel can keep up and stay ahead of the people coming and going. This hotel did great.

I highly recommend this hotel. It’s about 30min away from the airport. It’s minutes from downtown and all the attractions that are there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Residence Inn Orlando Downtown.

I'm elated to hear that Zuleyka took great care of you. I will share your valuable feedback with her.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We had 3 days to kill time in Orlando and chose this hotel as headquarters. The new modern style Residence Inn rooms are well designed. Kitchen has bar and stools instead of table, which is great use of space. Monday through Wednesday socials provide adequate evening meals if you eat out for lunch. 20 minutes walk north to two craft breweries, Ivanhoe Park and 10Ten. Could walk downtown to Orange County Brewery. Instead, we rented a car for a couple of days from Enterprise, which is across the street from the hotel, and visited several craft breweries in Orlando, as well as drove south on Highway 1 and A1A to Melbourne and back in time for evening social. Note that parking costs $15 per night. Ubers run about $8 for 3 mile runs one way (the week of July 4 as reference).

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are honored to know that you choose our hotel for your 3 day getaway! Our location is great for nearby venues, events and local restaurants for our guests to experience. Since we are competitively located near surrounding hotels in the downtown district, our hotel does come with a parking fee. Our property provides a covered parking garage that's attached to the hotel for easy and convenient access into the building.

We hoped that you had a memorable time while visiting our city. Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Orlando Downtown and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Checked in on 6/13. Gregory was delightful. I was actually selected as the “guest of the day”. I had no idea how important that was. I went up to my room on the 5th floor and was met by a police officer wanting to know where I was going. I looked down the hall and there were 5 more police officers and 2 bad actors sitting on the floor. I went back downstairs and told Gregory, “do you know there is police activity on the 5 floor right by my room?” He replied no! Emily who was also at the desk said “oh no problem they are staying here”, I had to inform Emily I was a retired law enforcement officer and had spoken to the police who told me they were on a drug bust! No problem. When I went to go to sleep the shower was dripping on the metal pan. I put a towel down to quiet that and went back to bed. Soon as I did the toilet refilled and continued through the night. Come on people! The shower was turned off so tight I didn’t know which way to turn it in the morning, so obviously the cleaning crew knew there was a problem. As a Marriott rewards member, I was appalled by the condition of this property and it is not that old. This property is not in a “bad” area of town. So come on Marriott, this is ridiculous. I was lied to by your staff, had to endure water dripping torture, and the toilet ran all night. My Trip Advisor alert says, Stay Somewhere Else till they get this straightened out!

Room Tip: Don’t go on the 5th floor, may be a drug bust
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank C L
General M, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

We want to thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback regarding your stay. We want to first sincerely apologize regarding some of your concerns while you were staying on property at the Residence Inn Orlando Downtown. We understand your concern regarding the police officers on our floors, however, we can assure you that we take pride in assuring that all of our guests on property are always safe and we take this extremely seriously. We would also like to greatly apologize regarding some of your room concerns. We will ensure this information is passed on to our Housekeeping Department and our Engineering Department to ensure these items are reviewed. Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope we get to make this up to you in a future stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel! My 7 month old daughter and I tagged along with my husband on a business trip and we loved our stay here! I called ahead about a pack n play and when we arrived they had it set up in the room with a fitted playard sheet on it and a little gift bag with johnson and johnson baby soap and lotion! Everything was super clean and nice in the room. I asked for a cart for my groceries and they sent a maintenance worker with me to my car to load and carry them up for me. He even unloaded them in my fridge! I wish i remembered his name but he provided excellent service. Their breakfast buffet was wonderful and they even had to go boxes to allow me to take it back to the room. The cleaning services worked around my daughters nap schedule and came everyday when asked. Everyone at the front desk was so helpful! We loved our stay here! We will definitely stay here again if ever in Orlando!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank EliseW169
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests. I'm so elated to hear that we provided personalized service to you and the family. Our staff take joy into making our guest visits pleasurable in everyway possible.