“Friendly and comfortable”

Ranked #199 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Somerset
“Friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Eight of us stayed at Coco Key in March 2012. Four adults, one 15 year old, one 11 year old, one nine year old and a seven year old. Our rooms were were in the "Tower" part of the hotel and were very large. We could not fault the rooms, they were kept very clean. The aircon was quiet and very efficient. Huge comfortable beds with lovely pillows, slept very well and needed it after being at the parks all day. I Trolly stops right outside so very easy to get around. Lots of eating places in walking distance. Good for breakfast "Denny's turn right out of hotel foyer on same side of road, kids eat free. Ponderosa, $3.99 all you can eat plus kids eat free. Never seen such a selection of food.Turn left out of foyer and on opposite side of road, is quite a walk so good idea to get I Trolly if it is hot, it is just where the road bends round to the right. The only thing that we thought let the hotel down
was the restaurant. Kids loved the water park, we used it when we got back from the parks. The adult pool was very nice too with plenty of beds. It was great to take a dip to wind down after hectic days. The staff were second to none, so helpful. Kelly was especially helpful and lovely to deal with, but they were all great couldnt do enough for you. Thomson rep was also very helpful and did a lot to make life easy for us, including arranging a mini bus and driver who was at our disposal when we needed him as none of us wanted to drive. He himself was a mind of information about where to eat and what to see. We had such an amazing time I could go on for ever. We also arranged a two day trip to Key Largo and Miami with American Attractions which was great, this was arranged on the internet before we went. We also bought our Disney passes etc from them, this worked out very well, they were very efficient. If you go have a great time, we did.

Room Tip: Try to arrange for the Tower. Saying that there is nothing wrong with the other rooms. We stayed i...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank SomersetCheryl
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2016
Hello SomersetCheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I booked this hotel due to its inclusion of one of Universal's partner hotels, allowing early entry into the Universal parks, a belief my 9-year-old daughter would love the water park, and generally positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The CoCo Key is basically a motel (exterior entrances) with a water park tacked onto the back. Our room smelled moldy, and upon arrival, we found the phone didn't work. That was quickly corrected, but my wife was disappointed that there was no hair dryer. The staff brought us one (actually two, because the first didn't work, and neither did the second). In fact, only half of the outlets in the room worked. Many of the hotel amenities seemed to be broken or totally out of commission. The neighborhood is a little rough-looking; about four blocks further south International Drive is much nicer. My daughter liked the water park, but much preferred spending time at the amusement parks. Plus it closes at 7, so we couldn't go there after a day at the parks and dinner.Bottom line--the CoCo Key is pretty low-end, and I'd stay there only if I was really looking to economize and had younger kids who really love water parks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VATraveller2469
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2016
Dear VATraveller2469,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is a renovated OLD orlando hotel. 2 stories, no elevators, rooms open to parking lot. Water park if fun for the kids for 1hr after doing a theme park. On cold days, the water can be freezing.

Water Park is really fun for kids (under 12). If you have teenagers they will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank irishzim
Dear irishzim,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed one evening on a quick trip to Orlando. My son always wanted to stay at the water park hotel so we finally did and I totally regret that decision. The room was dirty and had a horrible mildew smell when we walked in. I knew we were only going to be there for one evening and luckily the sheets were clean so we didnt call the front desk. You can definitely tell this is a
Old motel. The elevators make a terrible loud noise and the doors do not close all the way. The water park is the only saving grace. The worst park of the whole trip was right at bedtime. Water started leaking from the ac in the ceiling. I had filled up the ice bucket twice before maintenance arrived. They came and sucked up the water and said they would be back later. This is at 10 oclock
And we have a three year old! One of the guys gave me the ice bucket back and said here's your bucket If you need more ice! Needless to say the ac never worked and it continued to leak. When I called the front desk in the morning to check out I told them the ac never worked and all the girl said was "okay, your checking out right". No I am sorry or is there anything I can do. I was appalled and I will never go back to this motel!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Flipflopmom82
Dear Flipflopmom82,

Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were very disappointed with the hotel and the staff there. It is definitley not worth the 4 rating! When we arrived we were charged for the use of the water park which we had already paid for and the staff were very unhelpful when we requested a refund. We stayed for 14 days and in this time our front door handle which was loose when we arrived, fell off the door and we were unable to enter our room. Our room was smelling of dampness, air conditioning stopped working for two days, our safe broke, the room was not cleaned properly and was very dusty. The water park which we never used due to lack of sunbeds was closed two days due to some fault with the chlorine and the launderette was also closed for two days due to another fault. We had breakfas at the hotel three mornings which was a shambles! Every time we went we had to wait or ask staff to clear a table for us as the staff did not clear the tables, the food was cold and no variety but the last time topped it all as there were no plates, no bowls, no cups or crockery available after asking it took the staff at least ten minutes to get them, My husband still didn't get his cereals as there was no milk and gave up after a 10 minute wait. The floor was so sticky our shoes were sticking to the floor! It was disgusting and I did complain to the Manager who did admit to the complete disaster of the place and we got a full refund. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Higher floor as cars can park right in front of your room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family