“There's no better place to stay while visiting Orlando!”

Floridays Resort Orlando
Ranked #19 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“There's no better place to stay while visiting Orlando!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My family of four visit Orlando and Floriday's at least twice a year. The accomodations are huge, well stocked and very clean!! This place is perfect for a family with children. It's a condo so you have a full kitchen and washer and dryer. The place is spotless!! Beds are comfortable and the price can't be beat!! The staff are all very pleasant and truly care about their guests. Christopher Bentubo, the assistant manager, is fantastic and the front desk staff are so pleasurable. My family and I will not stay anywhere else when we visit Orlando! You can't find a better value.

Room Tip: Buildings in the beginning of the alphabet are closer to the action.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wifeydifey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,817)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Demographics: Asian American family. We have unique palettes and unique needs. He is a father, she is a mother, son is 8, daughter is 6, we are residents of New Jersey.

Intro:
First of all I must say a few words... I LOVE this space... I am a social butterfly to the point of being annoying... I wake up ridiculously early... sometimes 4:30 am, sometimes 5 am... most of these interactions were early in the morning... Sorry night staff for night experiencing your kindness and wisdom...

Background:
My family has vacationed annually at Floridays for the past 6 years, (we missed last year for health/economic reasons). We stay in the B building. This is my first review of a space for tripadvisor. This year our trip was from Wednesday February 22, to Wednesday February 29th. (a good time to miss a few days of school, and get the cheapest airfares)

Experience:
Over the past 6 years, the space has remained the same... it's getting to know the people behind it all that makes it all so much better all the time...
The resort is so close to Publix and the premium outlet malls... Moms and shoppers... pay close attention to that... On vacay, I'm the shopper of provisions... so I appreciated that. My wife loves to spend my family's money, so she practically lived at the outlets while we were goofing off at the pool. I have 2 children... a 6 year old princess and an 8 year old demanding "prima don", the male version of "prima donna".

As much as I hate to say it, my son had a nighttime accident in bed, actually during the week stay he wet his underwear two times. Housekeeping and having washing machines en suite were critical to making it "no problem"... The only thing that got a little getting used to was... having more than 6 light switches in the common space... I still to this day can't tell you which switch went to which fixture/fan the like.
This trip I met a lot of people and will quickly profile how they made my trip better... Identities sort of masked... to protect the innocent...

Front desk:
1. JC: checked our family in. Most professional and kind, the night shift front desk guy... always willing to help when he could. Believe it or not, I call him my mystery (my wife has never met him) friend... He to this day is one of the few people who can consistently make me smile. And we've already been home for almost a week...
2. NF: like a second aunt to my children. made sure my kids were happy, the princess of service and smiles
3. Binz: the queen of all service.

Cafe:
background: I am a starbucks junkie and probably spend 200-300 a month in NJ on starbucks... Your next best options are the K-cups and use the in room Keurig coffee machine... SWEET... I mainly ordered hot chocolates for my kids, and one breakfast platter. All the smiles and momentary full stomach was deeply appreciated. Caveat emptor, (buyer beware) Their prices reflect the convenience...

1. Foster: one heck of a laugh and laugh maker... Possibly takes more water out of the pool, if he did a cannonball like me
2. All the folks were very accommodating. Not that you should do as I did, but I asked for cooking oil, and fried some frozen dumplings in olive oil...

ROOM AMENITIES: Being able to cook in your room, have an awesome coffee maker and pack a bag of food is and always makes our family vacations bearable. We packed 16 individual servings of homemade short grain (sticky) rice. Without it, my wife goes into SRW, (sticky wife withdrawal). We stay in a cavernous 3 bedroom space, travelling with a family of 4 is underwhelming, in the past we have slept 9, (six adults and 3 infant children) in the same space.

Concierge:
1. Nilda: she overheard a conversation I had at the cafe. I am a ketchup snob, and only enjoy Heinz ketchup. She saw me the next morning and brought me about 6 Heinz ketchup packets from home. AWESOME!
2. The other partners at the concierge desk always were helpful and kind. Efficient and smiling. Love em all!

Engineering:
1. BC: the salt of the earth. Willing to give his shirt off his back to help his fellow man, or woman...

Misc:
1. RA: in her dungeon, always pumping out the right paperwork to make our lives better and richer. Great smile and disposition.
2. Carlos: code name for the pool guy... his real name really starts with a K. Kept me in stiches, talking about all the the fun things that he's seen in the pool... secret secret... we all have some secrets.

To Floridays and beyond...
We spent 2 days at Universal, and 2 days at Disneyworld. The parks are about 10-20 minutes away. Very convenient. We spent 4 days at the pool and playing air hockey and other amusements in their arcade. The guests were AMAZING. Met a family from Norway poolside and my son was a kindred spirit to their son. A match made in heaven. I met a big guy from Uruguay, we had an instant bond as well. Such a family friendly and guest friendly haven... What a joy, and what a relief... Can you tell that I hate family vacations? The only reason is my children always expect more each and every trip... That is one thing that is hard to deliver...

All the best to those at Floridays, and to you patient folks who have read this review for the past 123 seconds... Good luck to you and yours, and enjoy Floridays as we do and will do in the future...

Final cost to me for this amazing experience: drum roll please... PRICELESS

Room Tip: We stay in building B. I did not study a map, but am guessing that A is closer than B, choose build...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank John K
Singapore
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I took my extended family to Orlando for a long-promised holiday over last Christmas break. I was pleasantly surprised by Floridays Resort as it offers clean and practical stay for family of 7 easily.

The location was good :
1) Short distance to Groceries
2) Short distance (in fact, just next to) to Outlet Shopping.
3) Decent distance to DisneyWorld
4) Couple of reasonable restaurants around the area.

Driving around and accessing is convenient but you have to avoid the peak traffic period around the Outlet Mall as Floridays is just next to it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Home away from home. Very nice. Checked out - returned for another night. 3 adults stayed 3 days in 2 bedroom 2 full bath suite. Bldg E, 208, 511. Centrally located to everything on International Drive. Lovely area of spacious rolling green, -not crowded. Hotel has 6 buildings well spread apart, 6 floors each, all with balconies. Farther buildings have own pool and towels are supplied. Security patrolled, spacious grounds, peaceful atmosphere. Full kitchen with service and seating for 6. Full size refrigerator is pristine clean with ice maker. Washer/dryer, with soaps supplied for dishes and laundry. Keurig single cup coffee maker with 6 Green Mountain supplied, very good. (Pleased to find this as I always bring my coffee maker and supplies, so it saved time). Jacuzzi for 2 in very large master bath, with separate shower. ++ Clean! ++ (Could use new shower heads). Beds are OK. Extra pillows, blankets. Functional, not fancy, but nice and in very good condition. It was nice to find the DVD player is 'region free' -will play all CD's so, if you have the time, bring your movies! Cable is basic. Hotel has it's own store with basic supplies. Restaurant is pricey. Good menu, will deliver to your room. Publix grocery is nearby. Gym has cardio and machine weights. Any problems are quickly and professionally addressed; keys, phone, extras... and the front desk even helped with my computer problems. Check in/out is super fast and pleasant. The Point is the sister property with single room suites. I gladly recommend Floridays Resort! Pet friendly.

Room Tip: Farther buildings, upper floors, water side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank RKeeney
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at this resort with my wife and 2.5 year old son for seven nights from Feb 25 to March 3. I found out about this hotel from it's #1 rating on TA, and booked a two bedroom suite, bundled with a mid-sized car from Dollar, via Expedia for $1007. I think the posted room rate was $149/night, so I feel like I got the car for free.

Floridays is centrally located for families visiting theme parks, about 25 mins from the airport on the south end of International Drive between Seaworld (15 mins) and Disney (25 mins). There are 3 tolls on the highway between the airport and the I-Drive exit, so you will want to have ~$5 USD cash for the drive. There is a plaza next to the resort with a Publix grocery store, Walgreens drug store, Subway, and Chinese take out (Citrus Gardens). Some reviews called it walking distance, and while I suppose you could walk it, I can't imagine doing that while carrying anything heavy in the heat. There is also a Benihana in front of the resort, and a 7-11 gas station across the street. The Premium Outlets are just a few hundred yards down I-Drive on Vineland and there is a McDonalds there. Lots of options for food nearby, including the Palm Cafe in the resort (which we didn't try).

We checked in around 8pm and got room 107 on the ground floor of building C, which is a short walk from the family pool area between buildings A and B. There is lots of free parking around each building. There no porters to help with your bags, but our building had two large luggage carts stored near the elevators.

Our suite was great! It had a fully equipped kitchen with everything you might need to cook almost any meal, dining area with a table for 6, washer/dryer, and living room with a pull out couch and  flat screen TV. The small bedroom had two beds, and the master had a king, both had CRT TVs. The master has an on-suite bathroom with a jacuzzi tub that opens onto the bedroom so you can watch TV while you soak. There is also a safe in the master bath closet. We were a little worried about the noise from the hallway and elevator but didn't find it to be an issue as the master is located at the back of the suite, and my son sleeps like a rock under any circumstance. We also had a balcony with table and two chairs overlooking a lake with a fountain. All of the ground floor balconies are screened in, but higher floors are not. Some reviews complain about the sound of the fountain, but I actually appreciated the white noise.

Service at the resort was good. Check in was friendly and quick, and they called us an hour later to make sure we were happy with the room. The maid service was ok - they just make the beds, remove trash, and replace towels (there were always lots) - if you want additional cleaning you have to pay a fee. There are always lots of beach towels at the pool. A couple of pointers - if your party drinks a lot of coffee, bring kriug refills with you, as they only provided 7 for our entire stay. They also only provide two loads of dishwashing detergent and one load of laundry detergent, so if you expect to be doing more than that bring some. You could probably buy all of this stuff in the shop in the main building, but I bet it would be expensive. Wifi is free fast and reliable, but there is a resort fee of ~$12 per day that you pay on checkout. I called one night to report a couple of burnt lightbulbs and they were replaced the following day.

The pool between buildings A and B is great for families. It has zero entry with water features for kids, along with a deeper section for lane swim, and a small hot tub. The pool is heated to ~83, so it's warm enough to swim on cool days and in the evenings it is open until 11pm. No Lifeguards. There were lots of lounge chairs available, and an arcade for rainy days off the pool area. There isn't a tonne of shade, so bring sunscreen, The music played in the pool area is lively, so the rooms facing the pool might be a little loud.

One misc note, I always find the water in the southern US has a smell to it, so I bought a lot of bottled water for drinking and making coffee etc.

Check out was painless, I didn't even have to return to the main building. I just called to confirm the charges and left the room keys in the room.

To sum it up, Floridays is a sure thing. Good location, great suite, efficient service, all the amenities you need, and the price is right. We would definitely return, and will be recommending Floridays to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family