4,583 results
All reviewsself parkingland rememberedtroy shoemakercafe osceolacala bellathe mexican restaurantfamily poolbeautiful golf coursebeautiful hotelhuge hotelconference hoteltennis courtspublix supermarketper dayfitness centerattending a conferenceinternational drive
Reviewed 24 October 2015

Rosen Shingle Creek is a resort near International Drive and the Convention center with easy access to lots of different venues. They have lots of meeting rooms, a super friendly staff, and a rock star pastry chef. The hallways of the convention part can be very cold so bring a sweater.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Chef David Ramirez is the best isn’t he, Debbie T!?

Thanks for staying and for reviewing your stay.

Hurry back.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We had a great stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek. I got in touch with Troy Shoemaker to let him know that one of our party were celebrating a special birthday, to which on arrival there was champagne in the room wishing them a lovely day.

The rooms are a nice size with lots of space to put the shopping bags!! They were a long walk from the elevators but the good thing about that was you never heard anyone coming back late to their room after a few drinks.

The bed is huge and really high, so a little one like me at 5’ it’s a struggle to get into but we always had a laugh about it at bed time, I know if I had requested a step ladder it would have been provided for me, but not so much fun. This being said the sink was a nice size but yet again designed by a giant, it was about 6 inches in from the edge of the unit, which meant I was on tip toes using it. But I get the same thing in most hotels

The safe in the room was a laptop safe. The opening was a good size but the depth was very limited having only 5 inches. As we were on vacation we found this to be very restricted in accommodating all of the usual holiday valuables. A deeper safe would be much better.

The hotel is big being a conference centre as well, but it never felt that it was over crowded, it just goes on and on. Parking the car was great as hubby always got picked up by the golf cart on the way back, we all had to try it as he was having to much fun. The ladies driving them were all lovely and we had a good laugh with them.

Unfortunately we didn’t get the chance to try out all the restaurants as we had really busy days at all the parks, but next time we visit we will be taking things more easy.

We always had coffee and bagels before we left for the day, at Smooth Java, in the end the ladies behind the counter got to know our order and it was always ready before we had even placed it. So we would like to say a big thank you to them.

It was great to come back from a busy day and go for a swim in the lovely pools, even the spas made for a relaxing time. With drinks being delivered to the sun lounger you didn’t even need to go to the bar.

I would strongly recommend this hotel if staying in Orlando to do all the amusement parks, as it gets you away from all the crowds and makes you feel like you are going back to your own oasis. It is near all the main roads, so having a hire car was a good idea, even though taxis are available right by the door. It was just easier to have your own car, even with paying all the parking fees at the parks.

Room Tip: Golf course view to see the lights of the Orlando Eye
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank littlegoldlady

You are too kind, littlegoldlady! (Love the name, by the way!)

Thanks for staying. You have my information so I hope to hear from you next time you are back in Orlando.

Thanks for staying. See you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We stayed here for 10days at the beginning of October. This hotel is vast we booked it because we thought it would be between Disney and Universal theme parks which it was. My only complaint is that the whole place is run along the lines of a convention hotel so its very impersonal and the bar is overrun by delegates from all the conventions which doesn't make for a relaxing atmosphere at all.The rooms are of an adequate size but the bathrooms are in need of an upgrade,the beds were the most comfortable I've had away from home. Food is ok although never very hot even though we ordered of the menu and didn't have the buffet. A word of warning the taxis at the hotel are very expensive if you go to the concierge desk they will order you a taxi which is much cheaper.We hired a car but it was hard finding a parking space in the car park that was near to the hotel as the conference delegates seem to get priority. Overall i feel this is not a holiday hotel its much more for business with a golf course attached.

Room Tip: higher floors are further away from convention noise
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet H

Thanks for staying with us, Janet H.

I’m sorry that the property was busy while you were here and you felt like you couldn’t relax at the bar. I hope you give us another chance.

If Orlando is in your sights in the future, please let me know personally!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I stayed at Rosen Shingle Creek in October of 2015. The hotel is really beautiful, the grounds and landscaping are top notch. This is exactly what you'd expect from a luxury hotel.

To be honest outside of those things, the hotel is well maintained and the staff were always willing to help as well. The restaurants are top notch and they even offer a 24 hour "convenience store" on the lower level near the pool. There is a mini food court of sorts in this store that serves great sandwiches, fries and even some entrees that are reasonably priced. The wait time for a sandwich or an order of fries could be better, but I do understand they never know what the demand will be at any given time. The rooms are what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber, nothing overly special and nothing overly wrong. In my opinion for the price, they could be a bit bigger and offer a larger screen TV. The chair in my room was only a chair, no ottoman or footrest and I found the back to be too straight to be comfortable anyway.

A couple of things I did not like about the hotel... My room was a VERY long walk to get to. I understand that with a hotel this size not everyone will be close to the elevator, however the design here is just horrible. There is only one set of elevators that went to my floor (6) and then to get to my room I had to walk down long corridors and make a few turns and finally I would get there. To some this may seem like a ridiculous complaint but trust me getting from the elevators to Wing 6 is quite a walk.
The only other thing I did not like was working with the hotel for reservations. The conference I attended ran out of rooms before I was able to book, so I could only secure 2 nights when I needed three as the hotel was showing sold out online. I contacted the hotel by email and did get a response, but it took longer than I would've expected to get the response, and the person was really not helpful. Apparently the Conference had not released their block of rooms yet so she could not reserve one for me for the last night of my stay but was able to see they had some leftover. I would've expected that this person would have been able to hold a room or reservation for me, but that did not happen. When i arrived the first night I inquired and the desk staff stated they were sold out & to check back later to see if something became available. Unfortunately it was all on me to keep checking with the desk as they could not just set a reservation for me. What really bothered me most was on the 2nd day when I asked at the desk if anything became available the staff told me "No, we did have a large block open up though, but those sold out as well". I was very disappointed to hear that the hotel sold these to other people rather than having a system in place to take care of a customer already staying with them.

One last thing I did notice after checking out was on the receipt was that returning guests receive 25% off the best available rate all year, so that's good if you travel here often or plan to come back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Hi louther-

Sorry the response to your email was slower than you expected. We definitely try and respond within 24-48 hours and my team continually watches these email so I’m surprised if it was longer than that.

We definitely want to take care of all of our guests and ensure we follow the contracts. In the future if you are looking at getting in and are unable to get a response, please reach out to me personally! I promise, I will do what I can to help out (as much as possible).

We do hope you return. Thanks for staying with us.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015