4,726 results
All reviews self parking land remembered troy shoemaker cafe osceola cala bella the mexican restaurant family pool beautiful golf course beautiful hotel huge hotel conference hotel tennis courts publix supermarket per day attending a conference fitness center international drive
Reviewed 22 October 2015

We stayed here for 10days at the beginning of October. This hotel is vast we booked it because we thought it would be between Disney and Universal theme parks which it was. My only complaint is that the whole place is run along the lines of a convention hotel so its very impersonal and the bar is overrun by delegates from all the conventions which doesn't make for a relaxing atmosphere at all.The rooms are of an adequate size but the bathrooms are in need of an upgrade,the beds were the most comfortable I've had away from home. Food is ok although never very hot even though we ordered of the menu and didn't have the buffet. A word of warning the taxis at the hotel are very expensive if you go to the concierge desk they will order you a taxi which is much cheaper.We hired a car but it was hard finding a parking space in the car park that was near to the hotel as the conference delegates seem to get priority. Overall i feel this is not a holiday hotel its much more for business with a golf course attached.

Room tip: higher floors are further away from convention noise
2  Thank Janet H
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thanks for staying with us, Janet H.

I’m sorry that the property was busy while you were here and you felt like you couldn’t relax at the bar. I hope you give us another chance.

If Orlando is in your sights in the future, please let me know personally!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I stayed at Rosen Shingle Creek in October of 2015. The hotel is really beautiful, the grounds and landscaping are top notch. This is exactly what you'd expect from a luxury hotel.

To be honest outside of those things, the hotel is well maintained and the staff were always willing to help as well. The restaurants are top notch and they even offer a 24 hour "convenience store" on the lower level near the pool. There is a mini food court of sorts in this store that serves great sandwiches, fries and even some entrees that are reasonably priced. The wait time for a sandwich or an order of fries could be better, but I do understand they never know what the demand will be at any given time. The rooms are what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber, nothing overly special and nothing overly wrong. In my opinion for the price, they could be a bit bigger and offer a larger screen TV. The chair in my room was only a chair, no ottoman or footrest and I found the back to be too straight to be comfortable anyway.

A couple of things I did not like about the hotel... My room was a VERY long walk to get to. I understand that with a hotel this size not everyone will be close to the elevator, however the design here is just horrible. There is only one set of elevators that went to my floor (6) and then to get to my room I had to walk down long corridors and make a few turns and finally I would get there. To some this may seem like a ridiculous complaint but trust me getting from the elevators to Wing 6 is quite a walk.
The only other thing I did not like was working with the hotel for reservations. The conference I attended ran out of rooms before I was able to book, so I could only secure 2 nights when I needed three as the hotel was showing sold out online. I contacted the hotel by email and did get a response, but it took longer than I would've expected to get the response, and the person was really not helpful. Apparently the Conference had not released their block of rooms yet so she could not reserve one for me for the last night of my stay but was able to see they had some leftover. I would've expected that this person would have been able to hold a room or reservation for me, but that did not happen. When i arrived the first night I inquired and the desk staff stated they were sold out & to check back later to see if something became available. Unfortunately it was all on me to keep checking with the desk as they could not just set a reservation for me. What really bothered me most was on the 2nd day when I asked at the desk if anything became available the staff told me "No, we did have a large block open up though, but those sold out as well". I was very disappointed to hear that the hotel sold these to other people rather than having a system in place to take care of a customer already staying with them.

One last thing I did notice after checking out was on the receipt was that returning guests receive 25% off the best available rate all year, so that's good if you travel here often or plan to come back to the hotel.

Room tip: Ask for something close to the elevator!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi louther-

Sorry the response to your email was slower than you expected. We definitely try and respond within 24-48 hours and my team continually watches these email so I’m surprised if it was longer than that.

We definitely want to take care of all of our guests and ensure we follow the contracts. In the future if you are looking at getting in and are unable to get a response, please reach out to me personally! I promise, I will do what I can to help out (as much as possible).

We do hope you return. Thanks for staying with us.

Have a great day.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Reviewed 21 October 2015

More akin to a Vegas hotel in size - you can walk miles to get to their conference center and then walk miles more in the conference center to find your room - this hotel is meant for hordes of people. They do a good enough, job, though, but to say its a special or remarkable place is not accurate. I liked it for what it is - a giant conference center designed to accommodate big meetings.

Props go to one waiter in the restaurant downstairs. I sat in his section for breakfast two days in a row and he was very very attentive and nice. Many nice people on property and he was tops.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

So happy you enjoyed your time, CharlesAMIV!

I’m glad that the restaurant team was attentive. I’ll be sure to pass it on.

Thanks for staying and sharing your experience. Hope to see you sooner rather than later.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Having stayed at may great Hotels in the Orlando/Sarasota and Tampa areas this was one of the best.The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The facilities are fantastic and provide everything you could wish for.It is situated great for a parks/shopping and restaurants.Rooms are clean with plenty of room. We had a great view of the golf course and pool.I have already recommended this Hotel to family and friends. We will definitely be back next time in Orlando.

Room tip: ask for pool/golf course view
1  Thank Scott N

Awesome to hear, Scott N!

We are so happy you enjoyed your time while here.

Have a splendid day.