“Best to avoid”

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #290 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Best to avoid”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Whilst location is excellent the conditions of the room ( we had the rooms towards the back of the hotel ) were terrible. The wiring was very old as was the carpets and bathroom. It was dirty and I hate to appear impolite but we found lots of pubic hair in the bathroom. Our friends in neighbouring room found a old used ear bud ( cue tip ).
The bed was comfy and we were only on the hotel 12 hours to rest and sleep.
The front desk were very instant we paid by credit card and not cash.
Down the corridor from our room we noticed that other young hotel guests were playing with a gun which we found unnerving!
All in all I would never stay again and highly suggest to anyone that they look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Branston888
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in January of 2012. The location was the best thing about this hotel, it is on I-Drive and is walking distance to plenty of restaurants and attractions. It also has a stop for the I-ride trolley right outside the door.
The room was a basic hotel room, good for the price. It was a little noisy, we had a room in at the front so had some street noise but nothing to bad. The wi-fi was excellent in this location, we did notice people in the back sitting outside using laptops, we had no issues using it in our room at the front. We felt the area was safe and had no problems walking at night to places. It has a onsite laundry, $2 for washer, $2 for the dryer but they were very large so turned out to be very good value. Overall, this place was a good find and we would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the front for better Wi-FI.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLK2222
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Room is very nice, looks recently remodeled and clean. Bathroom had some minor cleaning issues but nothing mayor to bother me. Convinient location to numerous restaurants and places of interest and the price is unbeatable.
Only MAYOR issue was front desk employees. We where a group of 3 couples and we reserved for 3 nights knowing we where going to arrive at 6am at the hotel. Once we get there the front desk guy was so "busy" (no one else around except us) we had to wait for him to finally check us in. Since we arrived "late and missed our first night" as he said, he was only charging us for two nights wich is what he charged us and we signed with our credit cards.
When we got to our rooms we find double beds instead of the queen size beds we had reserved, we talked to the front desk but since they are only charging 2 nights instead of 3, we didn't make a big deal out of it.
Of course at check out we are being charged for three nights (already billed to credit card) and didn't get our reserved beds/room cause we got there late therefore we lost our reservation and they sold our rooms. Of course the "forced" apology from the front desk girl didn't make me happy about the fact they had misrepresented themselves and their charges for our group reservation.
Based on the hotel I would stay there again but make sure whatever the front desk tells you is correct. If possible make them sign and seal their offers in blood since they obviously dont keep their end of things.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank pravione
Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Picked this hotel because of great price ($40 per night with tax) and walking distance to Universal Orlando. The walk to Universal is 30 to 40 minutes, including long waits at traffic lights. You simply walk north on International Drive and turn left at Universal Drive. There are sidewalks and pedestrian walk lights all the way.

The motel covers the basics--lots of hot water, comfortable, new beds, working toilet, quiet rooms (as long as you don't stay near the front of the hotel, since there are noisy rides across the street). We were on the third floor. There is wi-fi, although signal was weak and was often easier to access the signal from the Nile restaurant nearby. I liked that you could take a chair from your room outside on the balcony, which also improved wi-fi connection.

Front desk staff is not exactly friendly, but is efficient and intelligent. There is an outdoor pool which appeared clean. Appreciated the free daily paper. If you like Indian food you're in luck--about 8 Indian restaurants on the block. Overall, I think it's a great deal for the price if you want to be near Universal, and you don't expect to spend much time in your room. Not sure if any of the other nearby motels (Howard Johnson, Days Inn, La Quinta, among others) offer as low a rate.

Management is advertising this hotel as "brand new", which is not true. It's an old hotel but has been recently upgraded in many ways, including new beds and furniture. However, it's immediately obvious from older bathtub, air unit, etc. that the place is not new. My biggest complaint when I saw the room was that the carpet was not the cleanest. Not filthy, but as if it needs a better vacuuming. International Drive itself is devoid of charm--one long strip of gaudy souvenir shops (all the same) and fast-food outlets.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a quiet room away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank deepfreezeresident
Dominican Republic
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed there for a week. The price was great, personnel at front desk not so friendly but very quick response whenever we needed something in our room (That made them deserve my 4 points). The room was not so fancy, but we weren't looking for any fancy place, we needed a place to sleep and we did great. Couldn't have access to wireless network anywhere, but it has a small refrigerator, coffee everyday, hot water, beds were good and tv was good as well.
Not bad for the price! good place to stay if going to parks and need a place to sleep. We also went to a more expensive hotel near there for one night and the difference was not so noticeable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family