1,831 results
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolwakoola springsstayed in buildingtime sharelake evetimeshare presentationfull kitchenwater slidesmaster bedroompresidential suitesales pitchsea worldsteam roomwasher and dryerinternational drivebig poolmajor attractions
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I absolutely LOVED visiting this resort! We had family, with small children, visit during our stay. There were constant activities at the pool for everyone, additionally there was a FANTASTIC splash pool that the babies LOVED!
Although the resort is slightly older than surrounding resorts, the grounds, as well as the rooms, were kept expertly. This is a resort that we would gladly patronize again and again!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Felicia M
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Hello Felicia M,

We are thrilled you absolutely loved your stay at The Fountains. We are happy our on-site activities and amenities kept everyone in your family entertained. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We have been staying here for years. The recent upgrades to the room, the clubhouse, and addition to Lake Eve property only make this destination better. So close to SeaWorld that you can see from this property. Rooms are 2bedroom and are fully stocked and ready for guest. Plenty of activities for young and old alike. We are owners and have always received great service here and have enjoyed seeing the changes over the years.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Jim F

Hello Jim F,

We are delighted that after years of staying at The Fountains Resort your experiences keep getting better and better. We appreciate your compliments regarding our renovations, condo-style accommodations, location and staff. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2015

We stayed at The Fountains to use up the rest of a vacation package that we had purchased for another Bluegreen stay in St Augustine last summer. I've stayed at the hotel next to The Fountains many times and always had a great experience. Knowing it was a nice hotel area, I thought The Fountains was a good choice. We got there just a few minutes before check-in time. We went ahead and checked in, planning to go to the store and come back after regular check-in time. We were told we couldn't have our room yet because it didn't have beach towels and they couldn't check in until the room was completely stocked but they would call us when it was ready. No problem! They called us a little while later that our room was ready. When we walked up to the room there were three boxes of room items sitting outside our door- dishes, toasters, baking pans, coffee maker, etc. We thought they were extra items they were using to restock the rooms. We went to get pool towels to go to the pool- no pool towels! (BTW, there's a big sign posted in the room that you will be charged for any pool towels not in the room when you leave). I called the desk and ask her where the pool towels were. She told me, we looked, no pool towels. I called back again and asked for pool towels. A couple hours pass, no pool towels. In the meantime we went to cook dinner. Most of the supplies from our kitchen were not there. I called the front desk and asked for what we needed to cook- pots, a baking dish, a strainer, and a cutting board. A few minutes later a guy brings me a plate. I asked him again for what I needed. He comes back with a pot. During this time we also realize that our bedroom dresser drawers have old food in them. Like someone was snacking in bed and dumped it and left it there. We called for them to come clean it twice while we were there, no one ever came. After all this, my husband and I just went down to the front desk to talk to someone face to face. Please let me say, both mine and my husband's job require great people skills. We spend our days working out people issues- I do not lose my patience easily. I was just trying to explain to the lady that we didn't have pool towels and that I think they accidentally carried off our kitchen supplies and we couldn't get them back. She kept talking over me and telling me it was all because we checked in early that we didn't give them time to prepare our room. She wouldn't even let me speak. Finally I just said, "If you will let me talk for a minute, I can explain to you!" When I told her they called us that the room was ready, she said, "Oh, I guess that wasn't the reason." She took a list of what we needed. We finally got a couple of kitchen items but still not what we asked for. Probably an hour later they brought us a garbage bag of wet pool towels! No one ever came to clean the room. Also, I will mention that the TV in one room didn't work, the dishwasher was broken, the sofa was broken down so you sat in a big hole, ALL the furniture was stained, the carpet was coming unraveled around all the edges, and the washing machine barely worked and was so loud you couldn't even talk in the room if you were doing laundry. We tried to call the front desk during our stay to have them fix the issues that we were having and they hung up on us three times! I finally called Bluegreen corporate and told them everything we had been through and was told we were going to get us a new room. I got a call back shortly after from The Fountains office and was told they were not moving us but they would send us a certificate for another stay. A couple weeks after we got home I received the certificate for a smaller room than what we had purchased, and which will not fit our family. Apparently when you get a "complimentary certificate" you have to go through one person and they have to submit the dates you want to stay and get it approved. I did that several days ago and requested a room that would fit our family. I have yet to hear back from them whether we got the dates we wanted or the room size we need. I could not recommend them at all. I have never had to work harder cleaning and fixing things on vacation than I do at home. At this point, I'm not even sure that the free stay is worth the work I am having to go through to get it booked. The only good thing I can say is that they have a great pool. Worst hotel stay ever!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Building 1- yuck!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank ME B

Hello ME B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Fountains Resort. We regret to learn your visit left you feeling less than impressed. Your experience certainly does not match Bluegreen Vacations commitment to quality in cleanliness and customer service. We would like to follow up with your at your earliest convenience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 6 days for our anniversary. Everything was beautiful from the room to the pools to the grounds. The staff was so nice and said hello every time we passed someone. We were thoroughly impressed and hope to come visit in the future. (We were there as a guest of an owner). We are also hoping to become Bluegreen owners in the next few years! Thank you for a wonderful time!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krazymomof4

Hello Krazymomof4,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at The Fountains Resort. We are thrilled you found everything about our property beautiful. We appreciate your kind remarks about our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable visit!

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

Pros

Rooms were large and clean
Kitchen was up to date and nice
The mini water park on site has slides and plenty of room to accommodate a large crowd of people.
The staff was okay, no complaints.

Publix supermarket is less than 3 miles away. Theme parks are about 10 miles away. The resort is positioned perfectly for quick and easy access to entertainment and back to the resort.

Overall okay resort...it was missing that wow factor. I can't really say what it is but, for the price and all the extras that came with it, it was well worth the trip!

Cons
The game room was overpriced and lacked enough games to keep my children entertained.

No real night time entertainment it seems as though it got really quiet at night time some what boring.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank TheTruth-B4-U-GO

Hello,

Thank you for staying at The Fountains. We are happy you were pleased with the size and cleanliness of your room. We are glad you found your stay to be well worth the trip. We appreciate your feedback, which will help to identify areas of improvement. We hope you will consider returning!