“Fantastic Schnitzel”

Schumann’s Jager Haus
Ranked #940 of 4,077 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Locally owned authentic German cuisine in the heart of downtown Orlando. Great for families and large groups.
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I came here with friends after hearing about them in a local paper. We had been looking for a local German restaurant and this seemed like a place that would hit the spot. It definitely did! The beer selection was great (I had the tasty Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen) and the "Schumann" sandwich was delicious! The Chicken Schnitzel, Haus-made Speck (kinda like prosciutto), Fried Egg, all served Open Face on Grilled Sourdough seemed like a great way to try out their schnitzel. The chicken was perfect, and the sourdough was tasty all the way through the meal. Their other choices all seemed amazing, and based off of what I had, I will definitely be returning to try more.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Never had German food before so I tried schumanns. Beer was good. Wings were good. We had the dinner for two which was a lot of food. The pork knuckle was good and big. Service was good. Food came out fast. Would come back to this restaurant when I am in the downtown orlando area again

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The restaurant is awesome in appearance. the servers are very nice. My wiener schnitzel was overcooked and dry. The potato pancakes were a little burnt. All the other food like Spaetzle was good. I don't drink beer but my friend said it was good and the bar was full. Service was a little slo but the nice people make up for that. I'm glad I went .

Reviewed 25 April 2016

My wife and I went to a show this past Saturday and decided to grab a bite after the performance. We walked around a bit and ended up deciding to eat at Schumann's Jager Haus. My wife and I both enjoy German cuisine and German beer. We went in, were seated immediately and received great service, good food and cold beers. We both enjoyed our ourselves and had good time.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Sunday brunch is always a multicourse meal that you won't be able to finish; selection of courses vary. It started with warm bread and either a large homemade pretzel or pretzel bread served with two types of mustard, butter and a warm compote of thick beer-cheese dip. It moved on to potato latkes with sour cream and apple sauce, then came meatballs in a curried sauce. After that a platter with red cabbage, sauerkraut and 2 types of sausages arrived. Finally our entrees arrived and I barely ate some of the German potato salad off mine. Note: the German "meatloaf" is a loaf sized slice of what looks and tastes like a hotdog, nothing like American meatloaf. I found the hotdog texture off-putting, but other entrees I've had here are great. Next time I'll stick to something more traditional. My only complaint is that despite it NOT being a buffet, we were not allowed to take our single serving leftovers. My husband would have eaten my meal the next day.