We arrived . . . ["We" being my partner and I -- both in our late 40's and just slightly out of shape :) -- i'm a 15+ Disney tripper and this was his first time!! ] . . . in our rental car directly from the airport at 10:30 am and check-in was quick and painless. Our request for a room in the Congress Park area nearest the walkway to Downtown Disney was honored and we were given the keys to our room already!! I realize that it's not a very busy time for Disney in general, but was pleasantly surprised that our room was available at such an early hour. We were able to unpack and get on our way to Epcot in time for our noon lunch reservation. The buses weren't crowded at any time during our 4 day stay and we never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. We both thought that walking distances were reasonable to get from room to car/bus/pool. I can see where you would be frustrated with the resort being spread out if you were stuck out in the Paddock area and didn't have a rental car. The Congress Park area is definitely the last bus stop on the route through the resort, so I understand where it would be a problem during peak periods.
A few words about our room. We were in a studio which is perfect for two -- I wouldn't want to put another adult in there, that's for sure. There's a queen bed and a small pull-out sofa that would be perfect for a small child. The furniture and bed are comfy and there were plenty of pillows, etc. The room set up is a bit difficult in that the toilet/shower is to the left of the vanity sink area and the closet (with bi-fold door) is directly to the right of the vanity. You have to be careful coming out of the toilet so as not to whack someone standing at the sink with the door! And whatever you do, don't try to get into the closet while someone is brushing their teeth! You'll be taking out their elbow with the bi-fold door! The decor in the room is about as blah as I've ever seen in a Disney resort, but the room is still adequate and comfortable for its purpose. (I've stayed in the Polynesian, Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans within the past 10 years -- this is better because of the little kitchen area with fridge/microwave & sink.)
All in all, i'm glad we chose Saratoga Springs. We were well within 10 minutes of all of the parks, either by bus or by rental car. I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl