My husband and I stayed here in October 2011. Quite frankly, we only chose this resort because we had been to a vacation club presentation in NYC a few months earlier and had been offered a free stay at one of the HGVC resorts to help us make up our minds. Of course, we had to agree to sit through another vacation club presentation, but it was so worth it. We came to the HGVC International Drive Resort after a stay at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, not too far away, and our expectations were not very high because we have never experience a time share. Boy were we surprised! Check-in was a breeze and the guest services person was so helpful in aiding us in our decision about which building to choose. I can't remember which bldg. we ended up in, but I can tell you that it was in the far back section of the property and was so relaxing and quiet, plus, it had a pool right underneath our unit, which was very very nice. The main pool is fabulous and there were always plenty of available chairs no matter what time of day we would arrive. Also, for children, they have cool activities every day and for adults, a dj and great music as well. The decor was beautiful and the pool itself was gorgeous with a waterfall on one side where you could park yourself on a chaise lounge right under the waterfall if you liked. The pool bar and cafe served up tasty concoctions and delicious food. The property is very large and it is worth a leisurely stroll to see all of its beauty. Our unit was spacious - we had a 1 bedroom with a sleep sofa and during our stay, our 22-year old daughter and her best friend joined us and they reported that the sofa bed was comfy. Our bed was comfy as well and the bathtub was gorgeous.
The kitchen was nicely equipped and maid service was available daily. Our unit also had a lovely lanai that was screened in which overlooked the pool. We just couldn't believe how spacious, clean and well-kept this place was. Staff was very attentive if you had questions and the concierge at the activities desk was very pleasant, although I will mention the one thing that annoyed us now because it had to do with the recommendation of his to go to SeaWorld. When I purchased our tickets, they were running a 2-day special where you paid for one day and got a 2nd day free. Well, be warned: that's only true if you remember to have ID on you and he did not mention that to me when I purchased. In our case, I didn't want to bring my purse and my hubby had enough cash to get food, etc., and since the tickets were already paid for, we all (including my daughter and her friend) figured there was no need for any of us to bring along bulky purses. We didn't find out until the very end of the day that in order to get that second day free, we HAD to produce ID as you exited, and the only one who had it on him was my husband. No exceptions! THAT was extremely frustrating as there were a few things we deliberately postponed seeing thinking that we would see them on the second visit the next day. We were NOT the only ones in that position as it turned out because there was long line of people complaining about the same thing. Still, besides that disappointing incident, I cannot say one bad thing about our actual stay at HGVC Int'l Drive and I would stay there again gladly. Not only that, our vacation club presentation was actually at the HGVC Parc Soleil and we ended up enjoying the presentation and ended up purchasing, and that's saying something considering the fact that my hubby swore he would NEVER buy a time share. All in all, I would recommend this to all readers without hesitation. It's a beautiful property and a relaxing atmosphere and is close to many Orlando attractions. If you go up on the roof of the adjoining parking lot, you can see the Disney fireworks at night as well. We could see them from our lanai too. It was an enjoyable stay and I would go again in a heartbeat, timeshare presentation or not. it's the kind of place you hate leaving; it really is that nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World(R), Universal Orlando(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Aquatica(R) and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets(R) - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive