“Quick, fun and reasonably priced”
Review of Mel's Drive-In

Mel's Drive-In
Ranked #835 of 4,106 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While visiting Universal Studios my husband was getting grumpy-hungry so got in line for a $9.99 single slice of pizza. Since it was pouring rain, I talked him into trying Mel's Drive-In so we could get out of the rain and rest for a few minutes. He got the combo hamburger/French Fries/milkshake for $12.99 which I thought was a bargain compared to just a slice of pizza for $9.99. (I was happy to see they also offer a veggie burger, but I didn't try it.) The service was fast, the atmosphere retro and pleasant, and we even got to see a parade right outside where we were sitting.

1  Thank JoeyFL

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Haven’t enjoyed previous meals at Mels Diner when visiting universal studios. We wandered in around 3:30pm to a quiet diner . Great! straight to the till to order with no queue and the meal came out almost immediately. Which is always a bit worrying. When we started eating all the burgers were all luke warm and soggy. they had no taste to them. Reminded me of the bad old frozen burgers I used to get as a kid back in the 70s, after almost two week eating some quality theme park food. I have to say it was extremely disappointed in this meal. I would not expect the size and quality of a D-luxe burger but for $15.99 per person for burger fries and a drink , it should be better Than the local McDs .

1  Thank Willger
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Wanted to eat somewhere different as we were in Cape Coral so a blast from the past it was had to wait 30mins but on holiday so we waited we all tried different things and we all enjoyed it plenty of choice would go again

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for a burger when the burger place we wanted to go to it closed at 5 o’clock. We didn’t want the milkshake that came with the Mels cheeseburger so we asked for Coke instead and they charged us over six dollars for two cokes.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The menu is simple: veggie burger, hamburger, chicken nuggets. The veggie burger was pretty good. It's a nice ambiance