“Charged Extra for Ice?”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Charged Extra for Ice?”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was at Disney with the whole family and my wife and I had date night dinner at Kimonos. The sushi is pretty good, nothing special, pricey but typical for a Disney property. The alcohol portions are very skimpy we thought. My wife ordered the Suntory whiskey to try something different. It was $10 on the menu, but we were charged $12 ea for 2. When I asked the server she said the bartender had 'poured extra because she ordered it on the rocks'. I've been drinking scotch for 25 years and never heard that one before. And there was very little whiskey in the glass to start with. It just left a bad tasted in our mouths that they did this and then refused to charge us what was on the menu.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Montreal, Canada
“A nice change of pace”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We ate a late dinner here last week, while staying at the Dolphin Hotel. After some average meals around the Dolphin and Swan complex, Kimonos really was a nice discovery. The interior is small, and includes a bar area and Karaoke stage. The quality of the sushi was really quite good, with a menu that has a large number of choices. With all the focus on fried foods at restaurants around Disney, it was great to eat something so fresh and delicious. The hours are limited to only around dinner time, which was too bad, as we would have been back for lunch a few times too.

Louisville, KY
“EXCELLENT! Best meal while at WDW by far!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Personally, I ate at Kimono's twice during our stay at Swan - once w ith my family of four (kids aged 3 & 5) and once with adult friends. Both experiences were wonderful!

The food was excellent and IMO fairly priced if that is even possible on Disney property. Everything tasted very fresh and presentation was beautiful. Our server even brought the girls five free cookies for dessert!

The atomosphere is upscale casual and fun. At 9:30, karokee starts. Kids - if they have energy - are welcome to stay and sing until 11 pm. There are tables and couches and comfy chairs around coffee tables. I sat on the couches both nights - they felt very comfortable after a day of running around the parks!

We will be back to the Swan to stay in two years and definately plan to hit Kimonos again!

Cranbury, New Jersey
“Great sushi and sashimi, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Located in the swan hotel it is a short walk from boardwalk and epcot. The dining room is quite nice and service was very good. The best thing was the sushi and sashimi altho the miso soup was very good. I had the spicy tuna and crawfish rolls. Both were very good, crawfish was interesting as I had never had it in a roll before. My husband had several types of sashimi and liked them all. Altho yakatori is nice if you are in epcot, if you like sushi I would definitely make the trip over to the swan and eat at kimonos.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank VacaAllie
Oakland, New Jersey
“Fun menu style, great food and service”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I don't know if it's true, but I'm from the NYC area and we have great Japanese Food. I was very pleased with the food here at Kimonos. The staff was very friendly and I had never used the ordering system before and the were very helpful. Their menu is your order form, you just fill it out and check off what you would like. If you finish what you ordered and want more you fill out another sheet. They do have Karaoke everyday at 9pm, if you are (or are not) a fan, take notice. It's a very nice walk to the Swan Hotel (Kimonos is in the ground floor) from anywhere on or near the Boardwalk (Boardwalk Villa's, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, or even Epcot). I hope you give it a try and have as pleasant time as we did.

• Visited April 2011