“Good Food, Large Servings, Great Waiter”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #567 of 3,819 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: You don't have to travel far to dine in a tropical rainforest, It's a safari for the senses. Our menu contains an array of delicious items and tropical treats you're sure to go WILD for. End your journey with the out-of-this-world VOLCANO dessert. Discover the rainforest, complete with cascading waterfalls, tropical rainstorms, trumpeting elephants and entertaining gorillas. It's not just another meal; it's an adventure! Don't forget to take a journey through our Retail Village.
Reviewed 3 April 2021

We stopped here for dinner while on vacation. We went on a Tuesday night and there was about a 45 minute wait. Once we got seated we had a wonderful waiter. Food was good, well made, tasty and large servings.

Overall the food was good, but it was nothing exceptional, but a friendly, helpful waiter and a table next to a giant fish tank with the occasional thunderstorm made for a great evening.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7,944)

Reviewed 1 April 2021

Great food and super service! They took care of our 2 tables, 1 adult and 1 kid table with great ease and everyone enjoyed their meals!

Reviewed 19 March 2021

I have been visiting rainforest cafe bringing family and friends to it for 20 years. On Tuesday, March the 16th we walked in at the restaurant around 5 'o'clock. Bri was standing by the entrance and basically ignored us for 5 minutes!!! I then had to say "excuse me" to her in order to get her attention. Without saying anything, she raised her finger at me indicating to us that she was busy talking to this other lady, I am not sure if the restaurant was short of staff but it looked empty!!! I then had to say excuse me again and then she rudely asked how many and that it was going to be 3 hours wait. I looked at the bar: empty!!! I looked at the restaurant: hardly anyone sitting down. I then politely approached Bri again saying "excuse me" and she walked away! Then she comes back without looking at us. Unhappy, rude, no customer service manners at all!!! I worked at restaurants throughout my college years and I was always taught to treat customers with respect. I have never met such a rude hostess or greeting person by the entrance of a restaurant. I finally asked again if we can sit at the bar( since it was EMPTY and she NEVER suggested to anyone or offered them to sit there) and she rudely replied " first come first serve" and she walked away. WOW!!!! We sat at the bar and had good service and a nice meal. The tables behind us were empty for the whole hour we were there. I watched Bri continuing to be rude to others like she was with us. In my opinion that is the wrong place to have someone working like her. I pray that she doesn't get treated by others when she goes to eat the way she treated us, Shame! I do not usually write reviews but I thought about it and if I did not say anything nothing will change. I hope she reads this and changes her attitude towards others.

2  Thank mariannamO2433AP
Reviewed 15 March 2021

The Rainforest Café has always been one of my kids favorites. They are older teens now but they still enjoyed the rainforest theme. The service is incredible! They made us feel like we had a wait person all to ourselves. The food is also very tasty, one of the best burgers I had on our vacation. It is pricey, but you are paying for the atmosphere, but the food is good.

1  Thank Zacharyjoshua
Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

One of our party had an allergic reaction while eating. We informed the staff who simply walked away while we administered an epipen. Very disappointed

Date of visit: April 2020