“Best Epcot (and maybe Best DVC) Resort”

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Ranked #45 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Buffalo, New York
“Best Epcot (and maybe Best DVC) Resort”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I love the Boardwalk, especially for Food and Wine Festival. But, I will take a spur of the moment trip to Disney any time ;) Stayed from 4/11-4/16/2012 in a Deluxe Studio Pool view. The room (5058) was exactly what I was looking for: 5th floor and close to the elevator!!! Trust me, you should note to be close to the elevator when making the reservation and call the day before you check-in to reiterate this...rooms can be MILES from the lobby. The room was in good condition, better than the one I had in February (3031.) Pool is not my favorite, but I still got a nice little tan. Overall, Boardwalk is a great resort: excellent location, one of the best themes, and nice rooms. What more could you ask for?? except the Grand Floridian (my favorite.)

Room Tip: REQUEST 5TH FLOOR AND NEAR THE ELEVATOR!!! Trust me, after a day at the parks, the last thing you wa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jMarg27
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We arrived at our 1 bedroom villa on 3/25 and stayed through 3/31 - 2 adults, 2 teens. We stopped at the local Publix and stocked up on food and water. Upon arrival at the resort, the bellhops were quick to help us out with our luggage. Checking in at the front desk was a breeze and we were welcomed "home". Total time with bell services and front desk - 10-15 minutes tops. Once in the room, we began organizing and putting away our grocery items. Reached to throw something away in the trash can under the sink and the cabinet door came off in my hand...almost slammed my toes - could've been a disastrous way to start vacation, but I moved pretty quickly! At that point, we decided to check around and make sure there were no other issues and one phone call to maintenance would take care of everything. That was it and it was addressed pretty quickly. The maintenance folks were very nice and very thorough (now, if I could only get my husband to be that quick to repair things!). The rest of the week was uneventful as far as the room was concerned. It is showing it's age with wear and tear, but it's to be expected with the amount of people rotating through. The bed was comfy (my teens couldn't say as much for the sofa bed though!), the bathroom was conveniently split in two and all appliances were in working condition. We enjoyed the different pool areas and felt all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is by far the best in the "world". We would definitely stay here again if the price were right!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula V
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our pool view room had a leak somewhere which settled in the carpet.
The room was dry, clean, excellent BUT there was the musty mildew smell that caused us to open the room door and balcony door to aiur out the room on return.
They need a quart of "Natures Miracle" spray liberally applied, since whatever they used did not work.
Overall, we have stayed here before and will stay here again.
Excellent - - - in that creepy Disney way, where everyone smiles and greets you!
You can't find dirt in the corners!
Superlative resort, 10 minute walk to Epcot, 20 to Hollywood, or take a ferry.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. If you have children, try to get a ground floor facing the pool. The cildren...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay in a 1 one bedroom villa. The size of the room was fantastic for a family and having your own washer and dryer cannot be beat! The location of the resort is great. We have visited Disney World almost 11 times now in 9 years and out of all of the on property resorts we have stayed at..this had the best location by far. It was a 5 minute walk or boat ride to Epcot and Hollywood studios was not much further. There were plentiful dining options on the Boardwalk and as always, the staff was great. My one issue was with the pool. For such a large resort, it did not seem big enough. We often walked around for 15 minutes or more looking for a chair in the afternoon. That said, my boys loved the slide and I liked the poolside bar :) There was a smaller, quiet pool we did not utilize but it always seemed less crowded. With two boys who are 9 and 7..I felt it best to stick to the larger, loud pool even with the seating issues. I would choose this resort again for location, but not any other reason. If you plan to spend all day at the parks..this may be a great choice for you since it is so easy to get to two of them. If you want more pool time I may look at another like Beach Club or Animal Kingdom.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid late night noise do not choose a room overlooking the boardwalk
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kkgump
Pawnee, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I absolutely loved this resort! The theme of the resort is East Coast boardwalk and it doesn't disappoint. In addition to the decor, the resort is located on a replica of an actual boardwalk. There are different shops and restaurants located within easy walking distance. It is also walking distance to Epcot which is very handy.

I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends