The family stayed for four nights during spring break. The grounds at this resort were immaculate and overall we would say the resort was incredibly beautiful. The golf course was perfect. The pool area/lazy river were as good as anywhere we've ever stayed, except maybe Atlantis. If you have kids or love a great pool, this hotel will not disappoint. The JW and Ritz (adjacent) share access, meaning you can stay and lounge at the Ritz pool even though you're staying at the JW and vice versa. The Ritz is the place to see and be seen, very posh. You may also opt for seclusion at the spa pool, but this can be a costly excursion at $25.00 pp, per day. The food, wine, and drinks were very good. We loved the poolside bar and servers and would have rated the JW at five stars but for the extra fees and expensive meals. We spent $7.00 each on floats for the lazy river ($35.00 total), $25.00 per half hour for pedal buggy cars, $25.00 per person for the breakfast buffet, and $4.50 for a coke at the bar. Oh and I spent $200 on a round of golf. I must say the pool was nice enough that we'll be going back again next year. I don't mind driving 5 minutes to eat out and I'm certainly not embarassed about bringing McDonalds back to the room for breakfast, which saved us about $100 a day, and kids play golf free with a paying adult. We recommend this hotel and hope to see you next April.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott