JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
US$ 152
US$ 307
US$ 242
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 209
TripAdvisor
US$ 674
US$ 635
3,395 results
All reviewsthe ritzlazy rivercitron restaurantpool areaself parkingbeautiful hotellobby barresort feeturn down servicebusiness conferencebreakfast buffetkids activitiesper dayfitness centerluxury hotellake viewroom rate
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Travelled here for conference. Rooms were beautiful. My daughter had a large corner room that was perfect for a family with a baby. Plenty of room for all the baby apparatus. There was no balcony in that room. Again safe for children. Great views though. My room was centered right over the fountains and lazy river. I had a fantastic balcony. The view and sounds were spectacular. A person could go to Orlando and spend the entire time at jw and be very happy. We spent extra time I. Orlando do after the conference and did just that. There is so much beautiful open space and so much to do. The family loved the lazy river. Lots of space to relax. Many jacuzzis. Food available at pool side. Great food by the way at the conference. Beds very comfortable. Great showers and separate tubs. Price is high. But experience is lovely. We were even able to rent car right on site.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have visited the JW many times. The lazy river is a HUGE selling point for us, since we have 5 kids! Bring your own float or just buy one for a mere $7! The Ritz is next door and you can walk to its Spa or play golf on its beautiful course. I think all, if not most, of the rooms face the pool/golf course.
I agree with the other reviewers, the JW is definitely KID FRIENDLY! From the pool, playground and even in the restaurants! This is a must stay, if you are in for a conference, want to go the the theme parks but away from all the congestions, or if you're from Florida and just want a quick and simple get-away! It's very close to all the major highways. A Starbucks is on premises, a bit pricey, but if you need your morning coffee, you'll pay anything!
Ask for their current special. We got a room with a view, free self-parking ($18/day), and free breakfast ($25/adult) for two adults for each day we stayed and $25/day resort credit to spend!
One last thing, since we traveled by car, we brought a cooler for the ride, filled with everything from food, to snacks, to alcohol. The bell-hop asked us if we wanted it in our room! They brought it up and we saved a lot of money and time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was under the impression that this was one of Marriott's flagship properties, and because the prices are almost in the same range as the Ritz next door (and now they are the same company even), I had higher expectations than I would for a typical Marriott. Unfortunately, that was my mistake. We were initially supposed to stay here for 1 night and then move to the Ritz for the remainder of our stay (the Ritz suites were fully booked for our first night). After having a terrible lunch at the JW and spending 3 hours at the do-it-all-yourself "fraternity party" pool, we called the Ritz again and basically begged them to find space for us, which they graciously did.

This hotel needs serious work. Their prices indicate that they are only one step down from the Ritz next door, and yet the experience is several more steps down. We had requested early check-in, which I completely understand is not guaranteed. We arrive at 12:30 and planned to have lunch and swim if our room was not ready till regular check-in time. Well, not only were we unable to check in early, but 3:00 rolled around (regular check-in time) and our room STILL wasn't ready! And nobody was able to tell us when it would be. For what it's worth, we are Platinum Elite Marriott members and we had booked the room 2 months in advance. And on top of it, the staff was disengaged and fakely polite over the whole thing. At this point, we had already had a nauseating lunch with terrible service, and then spent the afternoon at the pool where there was no service at all and the atmosphere was more spring break than family friendly. We realized we did not want to stay here at all, not even one night, and we were extremely happy when we moved to the other hotel.

On the positive side, our experience at the JW only made us love our time at the Ritz even more. Though I would think (hope) that the JW will work on these issues or charge rates that better reflect the experience. If the rate for suites was $300, I would have felt differently about the whole whole experience. But as it stands the rate is more than double that, and it left a really bad taste in our mouths.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank travel141
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here in 2 years and we've been equally impressed both times. It's connected to the Ritz so as guests, your allowed access to their spa and fitness facilities which were outstanding. The pool is beautiful but I would recommend bringing your own float for the lazy river or else pay $7 there. In-room dining was great and bathroom very spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank firenzebella
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Was here for a conference and stayed over the weekend to take advantage of the amusement parks nearby. The rooms were nice, spacious and clean. The bathroom was very large, and I liked having the separate shower and bathtub. The gym was great, very large and I never had to wait for a machine. The food on premises was good (had breakfast and dinner in the café and the food was excellent). The pool area was packed while I was there so I didn't use it much (and they had to close it a couple of afternoons due to high winds and thunder/lightning storms).

Apparently they have a shuttle which can take you to nearby amusement parks (too far to walk), but I actually never saw it and we rented a car as it is much easier to get around via car in Orlando. It's only about 5 miles from Universal Studios but a bit far to go to Disneyworld.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business