“Lucky I found this place by chance!”

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Ranked #202 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Phoenix, Arizona
“Lucky I found this place by chance!”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I did a Hotwire search for hotels in Orlando by clicking on an area on an Orlando map, picking hotels which are 3 or more stars and then getting the hotel without knowing what hotel I would get. I got the room for $48+$11resort fee = $59 a night. Since I have never stayed at a Westgate I was not sure what type of hotel I got for $48 a night. I was EXTREMELY surprised when I arrived to find what I would rate as a 4+ star place. When I checked in the people were really friendly. The Welcome package with information on local attractions and the box of cookies put a smile on my face. When I got to the room I was thrilled to have a little kitchen (small frig, toaster, microwave, real glass dishes and real silverware) since my business trip was a week long. Less then a mile away there was a Walmart which came in handy since I had an in room kitchen. Going to the conference that I was attending I would pass SeaWorld which was only about 2 miles away (4 minutes) from Westgate. I found, by accident, Universal Studios which was about 4 miles away (8 minutes) from the Westgate.
Since returning yesterday from the trip. I am already planning on taking my wife and daughter on vacation to Orlando and I defiantly plan to stay at the Westgate.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lanmanaz
Direct0r0fOPS, The Westgate Lakes Team at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
It was a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa this past April. We feel we are one of the best values in all of Orlando and provide the level of service of most 4 star hotels. Regardless if you are traveling for business or pleasure we offer spacious accommodations, amenities and the convince of all the attractions, dinning, and recreation Orlando has to offer. As you found out we are only a short distance to the Orlando Convention Center as well. This makes us the perfect place when attending a conference or trade show. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team thank you for you feedback and we look forward to your next visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa.

If we can assist in your future vacation plans please call us at 407-345-0000.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2012

It was simply the best, from the time my husband and i entered. We were greeted by Adam, and the host sat us to our table, there was no wait. Soon we were greeted by maggie,who took great care of us. we felt right at home, after lookin over the menu we ask for a sample of the brisket due to my husband high blood,he cant have too much salt ,after tasting the brisket we knew, we had died and gone straight to haven,oh boy it was the best brisket we ever had. My complements to the cheff he said they cook their brisket for 16 to 18 hours a day and never serve left overs, always cooked fresh everday. thank you westgate smokehouse grill, for the,Best Dorn Brisket my husband and i ever ate,and ate and ate. thank you, Adam and Maggie Job well done, and my hats off to the cheff and i dont even wear a hat..In His Love Herbert and Kenetha Mincey.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kenethamincey
Direct0r0fOPS, The Westgate Lakes Team at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa and particularly our Smokehouse Grill restaurant. We are very happy you enjoyed your dinner at the Smokehouse and you found the beef brisket the “best” you ever had. We take great pride in our food and service at the Smokehouse Grill and strive to be the number one BBQ restaurant in the Orlando area. Your comments will be shared with our food and beverage staff so they are aware of your positive feed back. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits to Westgate Lakes Resort.

If you are in the Orlando area please come back to the Smokehouse Grill we are open to the public for breakfast and lunch daily!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed at this location many times in the past and I am glad to report it is still a fine place to stay. If you are doing Disney resorts, parks etc or just in the area for business it is a wonderful
option for you. Much more affordable and just as much to do. Located about three minutes from Sea World parks and ten minutes from Universal Studios and international drive the entertainment and dining options are endless. The rooms are suites as this is a time share resort that rents the available rooms out to the public. Multiple pools and a lakeside setting make it really easy to cool off in the Florida sun.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank milliejudd
Direct0r0fOPS, The Westgate Team at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We are happy to read that you have stayed with us “many times in the past” and still consider our resort a “fine place to stay.” We are located close to all the attractions and amusement parks Central Florida has to offer. We are also a Universal Partner Hotel®. We thank you for choosing Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa for your Orlando vacations!
We look forward to your future visits and exceeding your expectations once again!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had to visit due to a trade show and decided to take the family, with it being our first time doing the Disney thing we were overwhelmed with choices of where to stay. We knew an owner and he assured us that this was the place to be near and do everything. He couldn't have been more right. I can't comment on other places but there couldn't be one much better. The staff was professional. The accomodations terrific, we had a double room and it is like 2 apartments which worked out for the older kids. The grounds and pool areas large and well kept. Although seating can be a problem on busy weeks. And the location is second to none for access to all the parks and restaurants. We love loved it and wish we had more than the week. I would recommend it to anyone. This was a very large 3 bedroom 3 bathroom set-up and it was only 1k for the week in prime time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gene63
Direct0r0fOPS, The Wesgate Lakes Team at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. You are correct; our resort is a “great place, affordable and well located”. We are near all the Central Florida attractions and shopping outlets making us a great place for an Orlando family vacation. Thank you for your kind words about your staff. They work very hard to ensure that all guests are enjoying their vacation. We are happy that your “accommodations were terrific” and that you would recommend our resort to anyone.
Thank you again and please come back to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa during your next Orlando vacation.
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had been fixed week, fixed apartment owners since 2003, generally using alternate years to visit Florida. Whereas the majority of our visits have been first rate our most recent vacation had us amongst the short stay rental properties where we did not feel the benefit of being an owner. To resolve this problem we have become 'floating week' owners and have up-graded to a four bedroom villa. Whether we are able to select the villa and location of our choice with this upgrade is yet to be proven. Please Westgate give four bedroom apartment owners a clear listing of which blocks would be available, especially the newer apartments. We have always found the apartments to be clean and well stocked with bedding/towels/basic kitchen supplies etc. The staff are friendly, efficient and helpful. We have loaned our apartment out to friends twice and they have all had good experiences. It is within easy reach of the Disney parks, places to eat and the shopping malls. Would recommend to anyone wishing to stay in Florida.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie C
Thank you for your response about your recent visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. As a Westgate owner your comments are very important to us and we appreciate the feed back. We believe by upgrading from a “Fixed Week” to a “Floating Week” you will find it will give you much greater flexibility when scheduling your vacation and more options. We take great pride in maintaining our resort and we are happy you find your villa always clean and well taken care of, in addition to the staff being friendly and efficient. You travel a long distance and we are happy you always have a good experience while visiting us.
It is always a pleasure to hear from our owners so thank you again, and thank you for recommending Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
1.4 km away
7.8 km away
Caribe Royale Orlando Suites & Villas
3.0 km away
Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK