“Brilliant day ”

Ranked #3 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had an amazing time . Plenty to do for all the family, the queues were longer than normal as we went in the Easter holidays. My personal favourite ride was the hulk

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm so pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful visit to Islands of Adventure. We do our best to make sure that there is something to do for everyone and I'm glad that everyone found something that they loved. I hope that you were able to enjoy Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, it's a great mix of story and thrill! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

All reviews
in 287 reviews
"dragon challenge"
in 459 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed this park more than Universal Studios. The Harry Potter ride was very well done and we are not fans, but really enjoyed the ride. Most areas of the park have some very cool things to see and do.

Hi Phillip,

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed your visit to Islands of Adventure. Thank you for your kind words about Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the overall experience! I hope that you and your family will be able to visit us again soon and explore more of what the park has to offer! Make sure that you check out the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, it's a great place to learn and relax. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointing that there’s several rides ( including the new Harry Potter rides) that if you are a certain height or shape you can’t go on. I’m on the larger size so knew I would have problems but my husband was willing to join our daughter on the rides ( he’s average build) but being just over 6ft he was too tall. In this day and age and technology the rides should be more accommodating for all. So we didn’t get to go on the ripesaw falls, two of the new Harry Potter rides and because I’m the one who usually does the big roller coasters with my daughter ( no problems at Disney) my daughter was getting upset for me as I couldn’t get on that we gave up. So it was an expensive 14day ticket each we only visited twice

Hello,
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your disappointment with your recent visit to Universal Orlando Resort. I can completely understand your frustrations, as I am 6 and a half feet tall and over 300 lbs and have issues with many of the attractions. We still wish our Guests to make meaningful memories while they vacation with us, and I apologize this was not the case on your trip. I will document your feedback to share it with our management teams. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail or provide additional feedback, please reach out to our Guest Services department at 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you for your honest review, I hope we get the opportunity to host you again.
-Michael

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was such a fun park! We went in July and there was something for each of us!
I'm not a big roller coaster fan, but my friends are. So they had a blast while I spent most of my time running around the Harry Potter section. We both loved the Jurassic section! The hot, humid weather really helps transport you.

I do wish they would do something about the Hogwarts Express. I was really disappointed that you had to have a ticket for both parks to get on it.

Hello Gaurav,

I'm so pleased to know that you loved visiting us at Islands of Adventure. It's thrilling to know that everyone in your family was able to find something fun to enjoy throughout your trip! I appreciate the kind words that you have shared about your experiences with the Incredible Hulk Coaster, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and Jurassic Park. I'm happy to know that you felt transported into another place. I also appreciate your feedback about the Hogwarts Express and the need for a Park to Park ticket to participate. Please rest assured that I will forward your feedback to the appropriate Management for review. If you'd like to share any additional feedback about your experience I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we are able to welcome you back for more adventures soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you like our love Disney... Be ready to be disappointed. This isn't the organized chaos Disney is equipped four. Here it's just chaos!
The food is terrible and it's the same crap throughout both parks... Popcorn, hotdog, coke, churros, and pretzels.
Park may be open till 10 but expect everything to start shutting down at 9!
Not enough workers to help move traffic along through the park. At Disney people assist with areas to keep from having bottlenecks. Not here.
Upside, I love the Hulk!!! Kong was awesome as well.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your overall experience at Islands of Adventure. It saddens me to know that you were not able to enjoy your experience due to high crowds and the food options throughout the parks. I apologize that the operating hours of the parks were not clearly explained to you as well. Please rest assured that I have formally documented your feedback and forwarded it to the appropriate Management for review. If you would like to discuss your visit in any further detail I recommend that you contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I'm pleased to know that you were able to enjoy The Incredible Hulk Coaster and Reign of Kong: Skull Island and I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. I hope that we are able to speak with you soon!