“Club Floor Makes It Great”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #19 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Club Floor Makes It Great”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just spent four nights at the hotel. It is attached to a big JW Marriott and thought it would be overwhelming. Not the case at all. Both properties are very nice and the combination gives lots of options for eating, shopping. Big property great for walks. Not a golfer, but the course looked very nice. As is often the case, the RC club floor is amazing. It costs more, but worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mikedavis2008
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had a wonderful view of the pool from our room. The service here was unbelievable! Everyone was willing to help with anything you needed. We loved the pool area. We rented a cabana on one day and the pool staff took excellent care of us!! The food is delicious from the pool bar.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shelbyreneski
Albany, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Spent a weekend here over spring break with our three children ages 12,14, and17 Since our room wasn't ready we decided to have a quick lunch down at Bleau next to the pool. After waiting ten minutes without anyone noticing us I decided to go to the bar and order drinks and get some menus. The bartender was helpful and sent someone over right away with the drinks and menus(not to be too picky but the daiquiris had no fruit, straws, or anything to make it look like they cared). After placing our order we didn't see our waiter until our very average lunch arrived. We were able to check into our room and we were satisfied with a nice lake view but not overly impressed with the outdated feel of the room. The beds were very comfortable like any Ritz and the ever important bathroom was a perfect ten. We spent some time at the pool and enjoyed some live music-- great setting. They did have service out there but they never made it over to us either day. We had dinner at the Vine Grill on Saturday night and again were disappointed. The service was very good but the room and food wasn't anything special and everything was overpriced. Oh well, lovely setting and maybe we just caught them on a bad weekend.. would be willing to try again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John H
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My company hosted our annual customer conference at Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes in November 2011. Phenomenal is all I can say.

The facility was excellent as a guest, but as a business person doing a premier event, it was off-the-rails great! I was not the primary event planner, but they treated me and all of the event workforce like gold. We had our own butler who made certain we had drinks, food and access to all we needed during the course of the conference. One of our evening events was out on the lawn - and it was organized beautifully.

If you're looking for a great place to have a conference, check out Grand Lakes!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012 via mobile

When I booked the best rated hotel in Orlando for my visit with my son, I admit I had high expectations. When we arrived at the Ritz Carlton at 4:45 pm, the front desk staff kept my son and I waiting for over 20 minutes only to inform us that our room wasn't ready and could we wait an additional 20 minutes for my room to be ready. When I declined their request, it still took another 15 minutes for reception to get us keys to a room.

I was disappointed again the following day when we returned to our room at 3:30 pm and our room had not been made up. I was able to track down housekeeeping and persuaded them to clean our room immediately.

The following day at the pool, there was no attendant to help us with chairs or towels. I struggled with moving a large heavy umbrella and no one came forward to help. the only employee I saw at the pool was a waitress who came by our chairs at the end of the day, not to take an order, but to collect the menu that was on my side table.

I was also surprised to note that there was no wifi offerred. I received no information about it during checkout nor was there any information provided in the room.

My son was extremely disgusted that the television in our room did not operate properly. Engineering claimed that housekeeping would dislodge the wires, but this happened twice during our three night stay.

I would have rated this hotel much lower, but the beds were comfortable and the towels in the room were soft and generously sized. Despite this, I don't plan on returning to this hotel.

Stayed March 2012