Hotel is situated one block back from International drive with a green line trolley stop outside the front entrance. It has free shuttles to both Universal & Seaworld (but not Disney - a taxi will cost around $45) or you could take the trolley down to Seaworld ($1.25) and get a Lynx 50 ($2) to Disney (takes about an hour).
Hotel itself is clean and well presented with a friendly and efficient staff. The rooms are ample size for the traveller. There is an onsite restuarant, a bar area, pool, gym, spa and free wifi in the lobby of the hotel. Wifi/cable internet / on TV internet is available in the rooms for a cost of $9 per 24 hours.
There is a Universal ticket desk inside the lobby where you can buy tickets and excursions, the bellman also has contacts (& discounts) for hiring cars / day trip tours etc).
Rooms at the rear have a view of the pool, International Drive and beyond that, Universal Studios & Wet N Wild. Rooms at the front have a distant view of Seaworld, Orlando generally & in the distance (6 miles or so) Orlando International Airport.
A great hotel for both the business traveller and profesional vacationers. This hotel would probably not suit those with young children as the facilities are primarily designed wth adults in mind, though children are more than welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the adventure capital of the world, enjoy the award winning service and experience of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Recently voted the top hotel in guest satisfaction among all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, this Orlando, hotel is where relaxation meets adventure! The perfect blend of modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting soaring 15 stories over world renowned International Drive and offering views of popular local attractions and their fireworks or seasonal light shows. A masterpiece that blends Park Avenue elegance with the chic deco of South Beach. The hotel features complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Universal Orlando Resort including Islands of Adventure, City Walk and Universal Studios, the Worlds of Discovery theme parks including Sea World of Orlando and water pakr, Aquatica, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Wet n Wild. The hotel is also a stop on the I Ride Trolley, serving Universal Boulevard and the International Drive areas for just dollars a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando