“A surprise gift for the "Hub's birthday”
Review of Exotic Driving Experience - CLOSED

Exotic Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine driving the world’s fastest and most exotic high performance cars on a real racetrack…no traffic…no stoplights…no law enforcement…just your dreams, your adrenaline and the wide-open asphalt!Located at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Orlando, Florida, Exotic Driving Experience features supercars by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Porsche, Nissan and Aston Martin.Exotic Driving Experience gives you the opportunity to get behind the wheel of these supercars and make your dreams a reality.
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

I surprised my husband with a Ferrari 438 exotic driving experience for his 40th. He loved it! The first instructor, Greg, greeted everyone and gave a short, simple, and helpful class/ instructions on what to do/ expect.
Afterwards headed out to take photos by the car, helped into a helmet, and then the fun began. He loved driving the car. His driving coach told him when to accelerate or punch the brake. He was so caught up in all of it that he didn't want to worry about shifting so opted for automatic. He just wanted to enjoy the ride.
He was like a kid in a candy store. It was a special gift that he is still talking about!
How often is it that you get to drive an exotic car?

4  Thank fuentes04

Reviewed 19 December 2014

My family had a trip planned to Disney World and I talked my wife into signing me up for the Exotic Driving Experience as my birthday present this year. They were offering a "Buy one, get one 1/2 off" deal around Father's day so I got to drive two cars - the Porsche 997 (Carrera S) and Ferrari 458 Italia. Plus, we got to use our Disney Vacation Club discount. I was a little hesitant to plunk down so much money for this after reading some of the negative reviews but am so glad that I did.

The TL;DR summary of my review is that the experience is incredible! Lots of adrenaline - I was shaking afterwards. I'd recommend buying 8-10 laps because you're busy figuring out the track on your first couple of laps. And listen to the driver coaches - respect and treat them well, and they'll take care of you (I got an extra lap because a Lamborghini got in my way).

The track is at the Ticket and Transportation Center near the Magic Kingdom. They use part of the Richard Petty track and add some switchbacks in the infield so that you're not just driving around in a circle. Their free shuttle picked me up and was driven by one of the instructors - the same instructor who wound up riding with me in the Ferrari. He was really friendly and gave me a couple of tips (use the automatic shift mode in the Porsche because the shift buttons are hard to use in it).

I wound up getting there about an hour before my class. So I got to watch some others drive. The track is shared with the Richard Petty stock car experience and I got to watch a few of those run too (man, those things are LOUD!). If you're a car nut, it's worth getting there a little early to watch other peoples' runs and checking out the cars beforehand.

The class was informative enough. It's not meant to be a race school. It's meant to give you enough information so that you can have fun while not wrecking their expensive cars. The teacher was light hearted and presented the information well. And it was clear that he enjoyed his job.

After the class, we all went out to get lined up for our cars and get photos taken. They take pictures of you standing next to the car and sitting in it. Then offer the pictures for sale after the drive. You can buy the fancy plaque or just the photos for a lower price.

Only 4 cars are allowed on the track at one time so they run in shifts. While you're in the pits, the instructor dials the car's power down to about 30%. This is to keep people safe since there are drivers and workers running around all over the place. But once you're out of the pits and on the track, they dial the power up to 100% and it stays that way unless you don't listen to them and start freaking them out. Yes, you get all 500+ hp of that Ferrari to play with while you're on the track. And if you listen to what the coaches tell you, you'll be going 120mph on the straight.

The first couple of laps are on the slower side while you're figuring things out. The first lap was the only lap where I did not go over 100mph. The driving coach helps you with your line, when to floor the throttle (the first coach I had literally said "floor it!" on the straight), and when to jam on the brakes (when they tell you to hit the brakes hard, push that pedal like you want to send it through the floor). The first few laps, they tell you everything and once you start getting it, they just let you do your thing.

I've done my fair share of shenanigans on the street and have to say that driving on the track was so much more fun. And there's less risk involved because everyone's going the same direction and is on the same page.

Plus, I get to say that I passed a Lamborghini while driving a Porsche. That Lambo was just too slow!

9  Thank Edubba
Reviewed 17 December 2014

I did this as an anniversary gift for husband and needless to say the experience sucked! First off they advertise it to make it seem like you will be going around the whole track, but that is definitely not the case. We went to the one in Orlando at Disney motor speedway and it seems that with all the "experienced" drivers you would be able to go around the whole track but you cut right in the middle and there are all of these curves that obviously you can't go fast through. For the six laps they give you is stupid because you literally have this guy in the passenger seat telling you how fast you need to go. And they require on the first three laps that you need to "know the car and track", for what its worth please give customers an extra three laps. Please there is a reason why we have drivers license. Also they will not let you see how fast you go, they will put paper over the speedometer. The staff inside for check in were super rude and unfriendly, they were not knowledgeable about anything and seemed to think it was funny that we would not get a refund. It was raining for the past few days before, so the track was wet. A simple courtesy call would have been nice to let us know to spend most of our day there. We arrived at 8:30 AM and did not leave until 12:00pm. There was no food nor vending machines. I understand the safety and everything but, come on please advertise what you are really selling. And there is also a reason why he signed a release form stating he understood the dangers in the "speeds" he would reach. Which by the way he only reached 100 MPH in the GTR. My husband has done faster on the interstate in his truck. Oh, and no refunds. If you get rained out or there is any issues with the track or car, they give you a 2 year coupon. Also take your own photos, much better quality than the crappy photos they take. All in all you might as well just save your money and go to Disney for the day. Total rip off!

16  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 30 October 2014

I gave this to my boyfriend as a birthday gift & he absolutely loved it. He reached 110 in the Lamborghini. The staff were all very nice & friendly. Registration was smooth & easy. The class was informative & speaker made it fun. He gave the experience 5 stars. At the end you can watch your video &/or purchase it for $99. And they also do a really nice plaque with your photos for $69. Super fun & something he would love to do again.

6  Thank bchgirl007
Reviewed 25 October 2014

My buddy and I debated all week as to do it or not.....$$$ vs. VALUE. We decided to go for it and have no regrets. From start to finish it was a light hearted atmosphere. My driving coach Dave was great...first lap was getting the feel of the track. As both Dave and I grew in confidence with each lap, his encouragement allowed me to achieve 120mph, 4 out of my 8 laps. Get at least 2 extra laps if you can, it'll be worth it.

Do it !!! You won't regret it !

5  Thank Scootera1