“A Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #94 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
bryans road
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My family visit universal parks and stayed with the Comfort Suites for 4 days. This property is awesome from the front desk manager, Sandy to her staff especially Melanie. Upon check-in Melanie served us with a smile and provided 100% customer service.I was not the happiest customer at that time due to Choice International creating my reservation. All our rooms were excellent room, very spacious, CLEAN. The hotel is above Choice International Standards. Housekeeping staff was friendly & breakfast was great. Business center was always available. Centrally located to resturants, shopping, & the major highways. When we return we will come back to the Comfort Suites Universal. Give this hotel a try!!

Room Tip: These rooms are very spacious, clean & comfortable. One of our rooms were right next to the elev...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Lisa W, I love hearing stories from happy guests! Thank you for recognizing my staff members Sandy and Marlene (simple mistake, you mentioned Melanie). They both do a wonderful job and always deliver to our guests. We hope when you visit Orlando again you will think of us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
East Anglia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Universal Studios. As usual the suite was large, well furnished, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was OK and all in all great value for money. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davylynne
Davylynne, Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We take great pride in delivering a clean, comfortable room with great service. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Ocala
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Check in hotel early and was greated right away! That went good, but when I was leaving the room to step out for the day, the door was not closing right the house keepers response was that we had a DND on the door and no one will enter the room. :( We then went to the front desk and got it fix right away. On the 2nd night of our stay, the air was making a load noise around 3am. At check out I went down stairs and let the front desk know that the air needed to be cleaned because it was making a load noise, her response was that we should have changed rooms. IM SORRY but at 3am I am not changing rooms. I was not looking for a free night I was letting them know so it could be fixed.

5 Thank Johanna C
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Johanna C,

I'm sorry to read that your stay with us was not up to your standards. I'm sorry your door and Air conditioning was not working properly, but was glad to see maintenance took care of the issue. Its quit possible that, even though all my room attendants speak english as a second language, she may not have understood the statement. I have since discussed your comments with my executive housekeeper to ensure our room attendants are responding in an appropriate matter and, if they for some reason do not understand, to send the guest to a staff member who does. Regarding the AC unit, my night auditor should have documented the case for maintenance in the morning and offered a room change. We understand if you do not want to move so early in the morning, but that is something we will always offer. Again I'm very sorry and I hope you will choose us again in the future, considering you are not to far away.
Jordan
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We spent the Orlando leg of our Grand US tour here and found the hotel to be excellent for the price range. The rooms are big with two queen beds and a sofa bed (at no extra cost, other Comfort hotels want $10 for a rollaway). Everything is spotlessly clean and there is also a pool and laundry on site. The theme parks are not in walking distance in my opinion, but there is an excellent and cheap I-Ride trolley bus service that will take you to the door of all of them for $2 a ride or you can get a pass which is cheaper. There is a lmiited range of restaurants nearby but again the I-ride will take you to International Drive where the choice is endless.

3 Thank Kittygangar
Kittygangar,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We truly appreciate you choosing our Comfort Suites over the many other choices in the Orlando area. We take pride in being a great budget option for families on vacation with our free hot breakfast, shuttle service and close proximity to the parks. We look forward to serving you in the future!!
Churchville, Maryland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was an outstanding value for the money. Our room was $115 a night and included two large beds and a sleeper sofa along with a fridge, microwave, breakfast table and chairs, desk and large flat screen tv. I have stayed at other hotels on Major Blvd. and Caravan Ct. and highly recommend this hotel. We will be back.

Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating to our needs. We checked in after a long flight at 11:00 PM and everything was very smooth. The room was clean, well organized and stocked with essentials. The room was quiet and the hotel is back off of the main road. The AC worked great which is often a problem in Florida when its in the 90's. . There was an outdoor pool that was clean and had good hours of operation.

The free continental breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold food that changed daily. The breakfast room is a little small, so I'd go early of eat in your room. It starts at 7:00 AM which they should probably change to 6:00 AM. There is free internet and pc's available in a business room on the first floor, BUT, the speed is really slow. There is alos wifi.

This hotel is literally 5 minutes from the Universal Studios gates. There is a Universal shuttle that picks up in the AM and returns passengers in the evening (numerous times). You do have to go next door to the Holiday Inn to catch the shuttle and you MUST get shuttle passes in advance at a desk in the lobby of the H.I. It's a short 50 yard walk to the H.I.

The only negative is that the shuttle returns in the evening pretty early, so we took a cab (van) on both nights. The first night on the meter it came to $4.50 and the second night off meter it came to $6.00. Either way, 7 people in our party for $6.00 total is a great deal. The shuttle also goes to Sea World. We took a cab back from Sea World and, with tip, paid $25.00 for everyone in the taxi (van).

I really had no concerns during my stay. A great value for families. If you are up to it, you really can walk to the Universal/City Walk in about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel are quieter, though I think all rooms above the first floor are good.
2 Thank Windsurferguy01
wmmdguy21162,

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us! We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are always looking to improve our product and service to better attend to the needs of our guests. We look forward to serving you again!