“Outstanding Value and 2 Traffic Signals from Universal”

Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area
Ranked #95 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Churchville, Maryland
“Outstanding Value and 2 Traffic Signals from Universal”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was an outstanding value for the money. Our room was $115 a night and included two large beds and a sleeper sofa along with a fridge, microwave, breakfast table and chairs, desk and large flat screen tv. I have stayed at other hotels on Major Blvd. and Caravan Ct. and highly recommend this hotel. We will be back.

Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating to our needs. We checked in after a long flight at 11:00 PM and everything was very smooth. The room was clean, well organized and stocked with essentials. The room was quiet and the hotel is back off of the main road. The AC worked great which is often a problem in Florida when its in the 90's. . There was an outdoor pool that was clean and had good hours of operation.

The free continental breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold food that changed daily. The breakfast room is a little small, so I'd go early of eat in your room. It starts at 7:00 AM which they should probably change to 6:00 AM. There is free internet and pc's available in a business room on the first floor, BUT, the speed is really slow. There is alos wifi.

This hotel is literally 5 minutes from the Universal Studios gates. There is a Universal shuttle that picks up in the AM and returns passengers in the evening (numerous times). You do have to go next door to the Holiday Inn to catch the shuttle and you MUST get shuttle passes in advance at a desk in the lobby of the H.I. It's a short 50 yard walk to the H.I.

The only negative is that the shuttle returns in the evening pretty early, so we took a cab (van) on both nights. The first night on the meter it came to $4.50 and the second night off meter it came to $6.00. Either way, 7 people in our party for $6.00 total is a great deal. The shuttle also goes to Sea World. We took a cab back from Sea World and, with tip, paid $25.00 for everyone in the taxi (van).

I really had no concerns during my stay. A great value for families. If you are up to it, you really can walk to the Universal/City Walk in about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel are quieter, though I think all rooms above the first floor are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Windsurferguy01
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
wmmdguy21162,

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us! We appreciate all feedback from our guests and are always looking to improve our product and service to better attend to the needs of our guests. We look forward to serving you again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Perfect location for visitors to Universal Studios and convenient to I4 and other area destinations. Large clean rooms, nice pool. Nice breakfast, 24-hour coffee. Small pantry for those with the munchies. Wonderful staff, particularly, Sandy (front-desk manager). Will return!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Rossco814, Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I'm very happy to see you acknowledged Sandy, who does a wonderful job serving our guests. We will look forward to serving you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We booked this hotel for our Universal/Seaworld vacation. Location is very close to the parks and there are restaurants in the area. Pool is small, but it was big enough to cool off in and was clean. Room was clean, but were were on the first floor and each morning at 2:00 we were woken up by the neighboring hotel sprinkler which would turn on and spray our window every five minutes for an hour. This was not a mist but a high pressure stream of water which was very annoying! I spoke with the front desk clerk who said they said they could not adjust the neighboring hotels sprinkler, but agreed to give us another room once one became available, three days later. When I asked about a discount I was told that they could not offer me one, and that no one ever complained about this before. They didn't even offer to help move our luggage to the new room. Avoid rooms 123, 125 and 127! If it hadn't been for the poor customer service I would have rated this hotel much higher.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 123, 125 and 127 unless you like being woken up at 2:00 AM each day by the sprinklers!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cron J
Cron J, We appreciate you posting a review of your experience at our hotel. Thank you for noticing that we are a clean hotel in great proximity to Universal Studios. As you already know, I was well aware of this issue and it has since been rectified. Our neighbor next door took full responsibility for the sprinkler head. I apologize that my staff did not bring this to my attention earlier. I have since discussed this case with my managers and staff to make sure guest concerns do not fall through the cracks. I try to stay engaged with all my guests to ensure a clean and comfortable stay at my hotel. I was happy to have worked out the issue with you personally and hope you visit us again in the future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here on a whim. I was coming back in town to start my travels out of state and wanted to hang out for a few hours before leaving town. I got one of the closest hotels to Universal so I could go to City Walk. I will say I was impressed. My room was very nice but I do expect this from a Comfort Suites property. The staff was nice and patient with me even though I was rushing them :-). They also recognized my Diamond status with Choice Privileges with a water and a snack..... :-).. For a second I thought I was at a hilton property lol. I was very thankful for that because normally Choice Hotels give you a pat on the back and just say thanks. They are more into rewarding you with points than snacks and beverages at least from what I have seen at various locations. Anyways, this is a great property to stay at. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 247HardWorker
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
247hardworker, thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad my staff recognized your diamond status with Choice Hotels. We are very lucky as we get many diamond, gold and platinum Choice Privileges Members who decide to stay with us. We recongize our guests, because we know if we do, you will come back to visit us again!
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Had a horrible experience this past weekend with another Choice hotel, which has really encouraged me to write this review about the Comfort Suites! May I say first and foremost that Eric Krakowski and Sandy are both great managers and very helpful and accomodating! Eric was unfortunately not in this past weekend when we had our horrible experience with the Quality Suites on Turkey Lake, but Sandy stepped right up and helped us out greatly in his absence! Normally our first choice is this hotel, but unfortunately they were all booked up for the two nights we were planning our stay this past weekend. Needless to say, several hundred dollars later and a lot of inconvenience, we ended up having to leave the hotel we booked at and stay at two seperate hotels (the first night of which, might I add, cost us well over $200!). This hotel was booked solid on Friday night, but we did end up staying there on Saturday. Sandy welcomed us and had our room ready bright and early so that we could leave our luggage in the room before heading to the park, and without needing to come back at the normal check-in time later in the day...which would have disturbed our plans for the day (mind you, they were booked solid the night before, so to have gotten a room ready for us that early was really great in my book!). We were greated with a smile and were so happy to come to what was familiar and what we KNEW was clean, etc. This hotel is a GREAT value for the price you pay. Their rates are just slightly above "lower end" hotels, yet they are very clean, staff is very friendly and accomodating (if ANYTHING is not "up to your liking", they make sure to make it right!) and they have an excellent free breakfast with even hot items in the mornings! This is also one of very few hotels that can also accomodate a family of 5 or more, as they are an all-suite hotel. They also happen to be literally down the road from Universal, and also very close to all the other parks. Stay here on your next visit, I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: There are specific suites that are somewhat in the middle of the hotel floors, which are a bit large...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
pocketfullasunshine, WOW, thank you for the fantastic review of your stay with us! I'm so happy you decided to stay with us and appreciate you mentioning myself and Sandy, my trusted Front Office Manager, in the review. We always try to exceed our guests expectations! We look forward to serving you again!!