“Summer vacation ”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St Joses
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Good food and good service.
Staff friendly.
We enjoyed eating there.
Price a little high but I strongly recommend it.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and look forward to your next visit.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The place is nice and big. I was surprise to see so many people at the restaurant. Still we did not have to wait to be seated. The people were very friendly and we did not have to wait long for anything we ordered. I really LOVED the spring rolls. They were fresh and crisp. I have to say the best spring roll I ever tried. They mention in the menu that is like 5 or 7 course meal. In reality, they just serve the things separately. Soup(a bit bland), salad(really good), rice(ok), noodles(a bit bland) and protein(I tried the steak and chicken and both were good). I really prefer to have the rice ,noodle and protein in one plate and not having to wait for each one. I guess with 10 people at the table, there is just no way to cook everything at once. At the end, it is plenty of food, I just wish it was served differently, and is definitively not a 5 course meal. Not because you serve the ingredients separate means is a different course. I also tried the beer Echiga red ale, It was really good and cold. I hate when people serve you warm beer. At $9 a bottle is very expensive. I had 2(ouch). Will I return? Yes. The food, the service and the place were good enough that it makes up for some of the annoyances.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Some friends and I visited this restaurant in celebration of my birthday and another person's birthday. Our host and the chef were pleasant, friendly, and quite entertaining. I enjoyed seeing the food being cooked right in front of us as well as the chef's demonstration of his skills. After dinner was served, I was pleasantly surprised by the birthday package that they offered which included a Kobe hat, a cupcake with a lit candle and a drum solo by one of the staff. We had a fun evening!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We came here for dinner on our honeymoon and had a great time. The food is amazing and the show is something all should experience. Drinks were very affordable as we dined late and it was happy hour. Whenever we are near another Kobe we will definitely be returning. Highly recommend.

Kobe-Ichiban, Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Went here for my birthday. There was enough in our group to sit at our own cooking area. They are very organized & got all the orders correct. Their were 3 smaller kids (3,5 & 9) & they really enjoyed watching the chef cook. We had so much food left over that we took it home for lunch the next day.

Kobe-Ichiban, Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to your next visit with us.