“Westgate Blue Tree Resort”

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #82 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Buenos Aires
“Westgate Blue Tree Resort”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

There are 2 resorts at this property. I stayed with my husband and 4 friends at Westgate Blue Tree Resort.
The resort irself was just OK, nothing fancy, although they do have 2 great pools.
The best part was the 2 bedroom room we got. It was very spacious! It had 2 complete bathrooms. The main bedroom has it own bathroom.
The kitchen was complete: fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and had everything for 6 people.
It´s a time share, so you know you won´t get housekeeping every day and someone will try to selle you something, but we refused to go to the breakfast with the 90 minute talk; and there was no problem about that!
Excellent price!
5 minute driving to Disney!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maiafridman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very nice place to stay. 4 swimming pools , 2 hot tubs, grilling areas, tennis, basketball, shuffle board, mini put golf, pool table, ping pong table, washer and dryers in some rooms otherwise a common laundry mat area,(free washer and dryer if it is in your room otherwise it costs money ). plenty of restaraunts in walking distance from property as well as a grocery store and liquor store one block away. 5 minutes away from downtown Disney , universal studios, wetnwild water park, sea world and disney parks. there are free shuttles to and from all the parks from the resort . if you want to stay late at any of the parks the shuttles don't go late and you will need to drive or get picked up by other means.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a washer and dryer in it if you are traveling with kids. Most rooms are close to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank James W
mgush, Front Office Manager at Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for choosing to spend your spring break at SPM Blue Tree Resort. We are so happy that you found our location accessible to all the area attractions, shopping and restaurants and you had a great time staying with us. Hopefully we will see you on your next visit to Orlando.
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The best thing about the Blue Tree is its location. It is very close to Disney, a few junctions from Seaworld/International Drive and close to the premium outlet shops. The accommodation itself is just OK. We spent a week there and we are accustomed to high-service timeshare resorts. Sadly, this does not rate highly enough for us in terms of services or facilities. There is a nice main pool with water features for children and they do DVD rentals on site. So, unless you plan to be out most of the time (as we were), you will struggle to do much in this resort.

We found the furniture and furnishings a bit past their "sell-by" date - with a feeling of an upgraded motel "room" rather than timeshare accommodation. Luckily, we used it as a base to explore Orlando - so it was fine for that. You can be in Downtown Disney in less than 5 minutes which was also quite nice. Shopping tip: If the Premium Outlet is too busy (as tends to be the case most of the time!), there is another outlet mall on Vineland Road (SR 535 road) which has a number of decent shops also - including Tommy, GAP and others. It is usually much quieter as many tourists do not drive that far.

All in all, it is OK for a week (as long as you know what you are getting) but we will not be staying here again as there are just too many other nice timeshare properties in Orlando.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank highimpactuk
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you like the great location and the close proximity of the theme parks and shopping. From your review it is hard to tell if you stayed at the SPM Blue Tree side or with Westgate. The SPM Blue Tree side has undergone a multimillion dollar unit renovation with all new rooms. On property we do have four pools, a fitness center, game room, basketball court, tennis court, shuffleboard, mini golf and a full time activities department. When you return to Orlando please stay in one of the SPM Blue Tree Resort's new units.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Close to Disney and Sea World parks. This is a nice place to stay with family. The room is large, huge actually, there is a living room with tv, sofa, etc... A dining room with a round table for 4, a good kitchen where you can cook anything, a large refrigerator... It's like an apartment condo. There is a swimming pool, regular and heated. Jacuzzi, gym - where I went every morning... Parking is easy... I recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leucas
Thank you for staying at SPM Blue Tree Resort and taking the time to let us know that you loved
our location, the huge rooms and all the facilities. Hopefully we will see you on your next visit.
California
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Booked my reservation thru orbit for the weekend of 4/20-22. 2 days later, called the resort to verify my reservation and ask about senior rates. Spoke to a young lady who stated it would be cheaper to keep it at the rate of $140 for 2 nights I informed her my rate was $180 for 2 nights not $140. She insisted and assured me it was $140. Arrived at the resort Friday evening, and spoke to a supervisor there after requesting the cost for 2 nights there and was told they could not provide me with that info. I explained the situation to the supervisor and even gave him the young lady's name in which I spoke with and he stated she should not have done that. The only reason for not wanting to show me the cost for 2 nights that I can think of is because it indeed show the cost for $140.00. Nevertheless, he tried back peddling trying to clean it up but did not honored the quote that was given to me. Instead he gave a useless coupon for five dollars to purchase a magic kingdom ticket there at the resort. I asked him if I could purchase a one day ticket and he stated yes but you have to buy it here. Well, that too was untrue, they don't sell one day tickets there. you have to purchase them at Magic Kingdom., I found that out the next day. I found some of the staff there very unproffessional. I had gone to the front desk to find out some information about the shuttle and three staff members were there and two of the three staff members where standing there very deep into their personal conversation, turned around looked at me and totally ignored me. The third staff member came up to me and attended me. He gave me the shuttle info and I requested for a late checkout of 11am instead of 10am. Mind you, I had requested a late checkout when I first called the resort to confirm my reservation and when I checked in. They both stated they would make a notation. Guess what, no notation was made. After being at magic kingdom for 6 hrs, my husband and I were tired and wanted to return to our room. Although, we new that the next shuttle was not scheduled to arrive for another 3 1/2hrs we decided to call the resort and see if they would extend some wonderful customer service which I have not had the pleasure of encountering. Instead, what I did encountered over the phone was the female staff member who was deep in conversation earlier that morning and she stated to me in a loud obnoxious tone " Oh no, the shuttle service doesn't do nothin for nobody or go out of the way for nobody". At this point I was aggravated and responded "I see, and neither do you. I then hung up and waited out the 3 1/2 hrs. The following day we were going to have breakfast before checking out and stopped at the front desk to confirm a notation was made about a late check out. The same gentleman that I spoke to the day before was there and he said I will inform housekeeping. Returned from breakfast and room key had been deactivated. Now I was fuming, my husband went to front desk this time and was told that the key automatically deactivates. It would had been nice if someone had informed us. The room were okay, nothing to brag about, the customer service was awful and no I would not stay here again or recommend this resort. I saw better customer service at Perkins when we went to breakfast before checking out and it was jammed pack and very busy. I actually saw the receponist take out the yellow pages to help a customer. I did not see anyone at the bluetree resort go out of their way for anyone.

Room Tip: Some room provide elvator to go upstairs and some don't.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goodmomforlife
Thank you for staying with us at SPM Blue Tree Resort and taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your comments and take them very seriously. Unfortunately when you book through a third party website like Orbitz you prepay your stay with them before you get to the resort. Once you arrive we cannot change anything with the reservation, as it has been prepaid to Orbitz already. I'm sorry that nobody took the time to explain that to you. The appropriate manager has been informed of you comments regarding your difficulties with late checkout requests and staff responsiveness. Our shuttle is an outside company and not operated by the resort, so we change the schedule. Again , i apologise this was not explained to you. Again thank you for your valuable feedback without this we cannot improve.