7,935 results
All reviews the lion king little mermaid finding nemo big blue pool nemo pool family suite cars section murphy bed food court nemo suite radiator springs the bus cars pool mermaid room cozy cone pool cars suites table bed
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We just returned after week visit at AoA and was very happy with the time we spent. We stayed in the Cars section and was able to get our request of a 1st floor room, close to the buses.
Randoms thoughts
• Food court was fine. As expected it can be packed at times. Only suggestion would to be more aggressive about double staffing some of the check out lines. Few nights that Disney did that, the line really moved. If not, your food gets cold by the time you are through the line and paid
• Not all the cashiers were in the loop about the dining plan. 2018, you can sub out your soda/water etc for a beer/wine. That lead to confusion a few times where they tried to charge me.
• Pool bar had great bartenders and was a super place to relax in the evenings. You can bring you food down there also and watch some sports and grab a drink
• Buses were AMAZING. We have stayed a ton at Disney and this was the best service we had. Could just be luck, but we never waited more then 10 min ever and we did all the parks, Disney springs etc
• Gift shop is fully stocked and the staff was really friendly
• Updated the arcade with new games. We blew a few bucks playing the sport games in there
As a reminder, the little mermaid rooms are FAR away. If you are booking Art of Animation and do not know that, get up to speed with the distance. We meet a bunch of couples at the pool bar that were not informed and it really had a negative impact on their trip. Once they found out they could have stayed at POP for same quality of room and not had all the walking, they all said they would have booked there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank HamptonFishkill
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

We're glad you zoomed into town to spend time with us at Cozy Cones and enjoy our Route 66 kitsch!

When it comes to traveling with younger family members, this is always my recommendation; it is like our characters have truly jumped off the page into real life, or we have walked through a portal and entered their world!

I'm sorry for the complications with the Disney Dining Plan changes. We strive to make these changes known and well understood among our Cast Members to prevent concerns for our Guests. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate Leadership so we may continue in our commitment to eliminate misunderstandings for our Guests and Cast Members.

Thank you for your advice on our standard rooms here at Art of Animation. Those rooms can be a long walk, especially for Guests who have difficulties with excessive walking or Guests with tiny tots! Luckily Pop Century has a larger than life theming too, if you are looking for that classic Resort room but need to be close to amenities.

We can't wait for your family's next pit stop!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

The good: nicest and newest of the value resorts. There are room options and configurations here not available at other value resorts (Pop, All Stars). The smaller pools are good and less crowded. Best Disney-IP themes of any resort.

The less-than-good: some construction noise (daytime) due to Skyliner build. Expensive for a value resort. The benefit of Disney transportation (i.e., busses) appears to be steadily declining.

Overall: a little disappointed. For value, a "regular" (non-suite) room in the Little Mermaid area is a fair deal. Paying for more expensive suites at a value resort doesn't make a lot of sense to us, though the Cars area is excellent (quiet, reminds us of the best parts of DCA's Carsland). To be "the largest pool at Disney" and "the only pool with music under the water," the big pool underwhelmed.

Nice, wouldn't say no to another trip due to immersive animation for young kids, otherwise check out a midlevel resort.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank TwoinNYfromVTandTX
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

From walking through an elephant bone yard to zooming down Route 66, you are a part of our movie action here!

I'm thrilled you swam your way through the Big Blue Pool and heard the sounds of our underwater friends. There is truly recreation abound this Resort from the themed playgrounds to the exciting children's activities offered poolside.

The option of our larger Family Suites is ideal for families with more than four Guests. Amongst all of our Resorts we strive to provide many different types of room accommodations so that families may grow with us over the years.

I'm sorry there was some noise that caused a disruption to the relaxation Guests are often seeking during their downtime at the Resort. We are indeed quite excited for the completion of our Disney Skyliner, though a ways off for now.

We'll be looking for your family on Pride Rock during your next visit.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Art of Animation last year and loved it so much we came back again this year. You cannot go wrong with any Disney resort, even the value ones. When you consider the cost of parking, time spent sitting in traffic or waiting for unreliable off site shuttles, it is well worth spending a few extra dollars and staying on site.
You can’t beat the Disney theme and overall Disney vibe at the value resorts, art of animation is no exception.
Buses are quick, frequent and reliable.
Only one restaurant (counter service)but lines moved quickly and food is pretty good. Pizza delivery is also available.
Pools are large and so much fun for kids.
We enjoyed walking across the bridge to Pop century to explore (would also consider staying there in the future).
Overall, a fantastic hotel that kids just love and the price is very reasonable.

2  Thank KrakaLaka
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This was our second time staying at AOA. Previously we stayed in a Cars suite. This time, we opted for two standard rooms in the Little Mermaid section. The rooms were a nice size and setup well. The problem was how far we had to walk to get to the main building where the buses pick up/drop off and the food court is. After a long day in the parks, it felt like the longest walk to get to our room, and we were located in the closet building! Though we did enjoy the room, next time we will stay in the suites or try Pop Century in one of their preferred rooms.

4  Thank Brina E
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

I'm thrilled that you came to visit Ariel and became a part of her world for your recent vacation.

I'm sorry the distance was a bit of a concern during your visit. Many of our Value and Moderate Resorts offer a Preferred category which is a room closer to our main building at each Resort. Unfortunately, Art of Animation does not have this category as a majority of the rooms are Family Suites that are closer to the main amenities.

Theming at Art of Animation is like nowhere else on property as each area of the Resort makes you feel like you are walking right onto the page of some of your favorite Disney classics. Perhaps next time you can try out a stay in our Big Blue World with Nemo and his friends – those family suites are sure to impress! We hope you catch a wave back to us reel soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I had the best time at Art of Animation celebrating my son’s 4th birthday. I stayed here for two weeks with my family and it was wonderful. There was so much to do to keep my son entertained. We stayed in the Cars themed suite and he loved it. He couldn’t believe all of the characters that were at the resort. It was as good as stepping into the Cars movie for him.

The Big Blue Pool is really huge and so much fun. If you’re looking for the fun, games and action then this is your pool. It’s really nice that it even has the sprinklers right across from the pool that my son thoroughly enjoyed. If you wanted to go for a little more quiet and relaxation that the Cozy Cone Pool is your place. There isn’t ever too many people at this pool because everyone is usually at the Big Blue Pool. My son wasn’t really into the Cozy Cone Pool because it wasn’t as “exciting”.

The staff at this resort were all very nice. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. They really know how to make kids celebrating birthdays feel really special. They even made my parents feel a little special with the card they left for them for their anniversary celebration.

Landscape of Flavors! My family and I dined here at least once or twice a day and let me tell you the staff here morning, noon or night were the most pleasant people I’ve ever met. I talked to quite a few people here from all over the country and even other countries. The one thing they all have in common is how nice they are. The service here runs pretty quickly even when it’s a madhouse depending on what time of the day you’re there they keep the food coming. Two thumbs up to you all!

Now my only problem was the disconnect with the house keeping. There was a slight problem there, nothing too big. There were a few days when we wanted to have a late start to the day and house keeping would come by and say we’ll come back in a few. The only thing was that they wouldn’t change me back. This happened about 4-5 times. We spoke a wonderful gentleman the manager Ken who spoke with them and there weren’t any problems with that again. Now I will say when they came the room was amazing. Again this was just a minor issue that was taken care of.

Honestly this is an amazing resort and the family would thoroughly enjoy it.

Date of stay: October 2017
3  Thank cdulcina

Happy belated birthday to your little dude! I cannot think of a more totally sweet way to spend a birthday than at Disney World! And a happy anniversary to your parents, as well.

Sketching up award winning vacations with courteous and timely service is our task and it is one which each of our Cast Members take to heart. I'm so thrilled to read that Landscape of Flavors not only served up tasty treats but also friendly smiles each day.

I hope to see your family zooming back down Route 66 to pit stop with us for many more special celebrations.