“Great value for your Orlando vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village

Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
Ranked #127 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great value for your Orlando vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

First and foremost let me say that the staff members were just delightful! Everyone was very customer centered and truly interested in making our stay comfortable and to our liking. Second, the property was very clean. These are the two most important things I can say about this Courtyard Marriott.

We arrived in Orlando quite early at 9:30am. Our plan was to head to the parks and arrive at the hotel late, as I did not think there was any way we would be able to check in as early as 10:30am. I called the hotel to communicate we would arrive late unless they were able to accommodate us at 10:30am. To my surprise, Lauren put me on hold for a moment and told us to come right over. They would have a room ready for us. Score!

When we checked in, the lobby was spacious, clean, somewhat “stylish” and bright. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. We were checked in and heading up to our room within minutes.

Our room was neat and clean with comfortable beds. We had a second floor room facing the fountain in the center of the “village.” This was fine for us since we were only there for the weekend and did not plan on spending much time in the room. Also, the room was quiet. Even though I knew there were children in nearby rooms, we slept soundly and peacefully.

One of the main reasons I chose this property was because of the indoor/outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Neither disappointed! There were actually two Jacuzzis, one indoors adjacent to the indoor portion of the pool and one outside near the outdoor portion. The pool was relatively warm for March, and both hot tubs were clean and soothing. We were pleased to find out that the pool and Jacuzzi were open until 11:00pm. Time enough to enjoy them after a long day at the parks.

We were also told that we could use any of the "villages" pools and hot tubs. It wasn't something we tried, but I thought it was a nice option.

We booked an option with breakfast included. Their breakfast buffet was a good value for $11.95. There were assorted hot breakfast items, a variety of fresh fruits, breads, and pastries, and an omelet station. Plenty of fresh coffee and orange juice as well. During our three trips for breakfast, I never saw more than four people waiting at the omelet station at a time.

Now for the best (and worst) part of the trip. On our third morning, my son woke up with a stomach virus. I didn’t realize how sick he was until I made him come down to breakfast with me. Just after I ordered my freshly made omelet, I realized he needed to get back to the room. The waiter kept my omelet for me, and a kind security guard ran to get towels from a housekeeping cart as my son projectile vomited in the 2nd floor hallway. We needed to keep the room until our flight late that evening. I have to say that everyone I spoke to was very accommodating in helping me figure out what my options were and what the best course of action would be. Overall, I think this staff gets a 10+.

The only drawbacks I found while staying here were the internet connection was slow and the traffic around the Lake Buena Vista area (535) is horrible. I wish I could pick up the hotel and move it to a less congested area because I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bonnie J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
weston-super-mare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed here the first week in March 2012. After getting the room we wanted at the third request! (pool view with a balcony) we were more than happy with this hotel. Coming from the UK we were delighted with the large room, two double beds, 46" TV fridge and unlimited wi fi in the room. Yes it is a bit tired but very clean and comfortable. When we go away we listen to the radio alot and there is only a tiny alarm clock radio so either take your tablet and listen through there or connect your ipod to the TV (take cables)

The staff were without exception delightful. There is a safe behind the reception free to use. The heated pool was lovely with free bathing towels available. We had the buffet breakfast which was good and at $11.95 not much more than anywhere else. There was free coffee in the mornings and afternoons in the lounge.

In the same complex was a Bahama Breeze restaurant which was lovely and a Golden Corral "buffet". GC is good if you like eating off plastic plates. We went once only and would not return!

We walked to downtown Disney which is all on pavement and it took about 40 minutes to get there. Not pretty but once you are away from the 535 its ok. Once you are there you can get a free bus to one of the Disney resorts and from there free buses to any of the 4 Disney theme parks. On returning get a Disney bus to Saratoga Springs and you can walk to downtown Disney in about 10 minutes round the lake.

The traffic at the weekends around the hotel was awful and it took over an hour in a taxi to get back from DTDisney to the hotel on Sunday late morning.

All in all a lovely hotel which maintains our belief in the Marriott chain!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool otherwise you may get a look at the freeway!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauld_7
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This Courtyard has not undergone the 'new facelift' yet, so it is still the older version of Courtyard style accomodations. The cleanliness was GREAT considering it's had no reno done.....I would even take my kids here for one of our Orlando vacations. It is in a "village" which essentially is a Courtyard, Springhill Suites & Fairfield Inn all together on the same property. It is extremely convenient to the highway, but you will wait a few minutes if you are going right out onto 535 from Vineland. It is VERY close to Disney & Downtown Disney - so this is a plus for folks looking for a more affordable off-property option! There is an indoor pool in the Courtyard building, and there is a nice little selection of shops for the 'village'. Not far from the property is a Wendys, a gas station, a Starbucks (full-size location) and a few of those huge 'beach/surf shops' with all your souvenier needs. As a bonus, the staff was nice as well.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Tyler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed at CY on business and chose initially for the pool. Was not disappointed - pool area is resort-style, including indoor-outdoor pools, 2 whirlpools and fountains. Well landscaped. The desk personnel were ALL incredibly helpful and friendly - likely the best group I've encountered in all my travels, just amazing! The location is just perfect - near the Premium Outlet Mall (less than 2 miles), short drive to all the Disneyworld sites (5-8 minutes max), nice restaurants all around the hotel so lots of variety everyday. Large breakfast buffet onsite is delicious! I recommend. The room is large, spacious and well-appointed. Overall, the feel is of an upscale resort, dedicated to luxury and service. What a treasure hidden here! I highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies overlooking the pool area - nice view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Was in Orlando with my wife who was attending a PTR tennis symposium. It was a busy weekend in town with the NBA All Star game as well as the Daytona 500 going on. Traffic was a challenge, although not as bad as some other reviewers noted.

I mention that I liked the lower profile of the Courtyard to the sister hotels in the village, the Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites. Upon arriving at the hotel, we walked around to get a feel for all three hotels and check out the pools. I liked the indoor/outdoor pool at the Courtyard plus we could go for a swim and not feel overwhelmed by unsupervised kids.

On Sunday morning I woke up early and again walked around the complex and noticed how crazy the restaurants were at the other two hotels with their complimentary breakfast. From cheer teams to college softball teams, both hotels were packed. The Courtyard had probably around 12 people in their restaurant for breakfast. Considering you can get breakfast included in your room rate for $5 per person for two adults and get a cooked to order breakfast, I think this is a good value.

Other positives included a nice sized room, comfortable bed, mini-fridge, comp wireless internet, and friendly service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple