1,097 results
All reviews activity center full kitchen bedroom deluxe time share macaroni grill washer and dryer through rci parking pass granite countertops timeshare sales screened balcony gift card pools and hot tubs small lake nice resort dish soap living area
Reviewed 8 April 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cypress Palms for our honeymoon and we really had a great time! There are 2 heated pools and an Activity center that always has things to do. There are special events and activities you can sign up for every day like BINGO, Make your own Sundae, and Crafts. There are also daily shuttles that go to Universal Studios, Disneworld and Sea World for $3.00 a person. There is also a daily complimentary shuttle to Wal-Mart. The resort is also very close to CVS, Krispy Kreme, and several restaurants. The room itself was very spacious with a beautiful balcony, full kitchen, washer and dryer, and a jacuzzi tub! The staff was also very helpful and friendly at all times. Overall we had an excellent stay, and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gigif226
Reviewed 31 March 2008

My husband and I are Wyndham/Fairfield timeshare owners, who have stayed at many of their resorts. I have to say that since Wyndham took over it seems that the units are not as clean. We usually book a 1 bdrm deluxe but had to go to a 1 bdrm suite due to availability (daytona 500). Check in was fairly quick and we were soon headed to our unit. It looked pretty cute and though it was small we thought it served our purpose and that we wouldn't be there much anyway. After unpacking I decided to turn on the kitchen faucet and there was no hot water. I thought maybe it was having trouble warming up, so I waited about 15 minutes and tried again to no avail. I tried the bathtub and same thing. We had to have hot water since we were leaving early in the morning for daytona. I called the office and they sent someone to check. The maintenance guy got there pretty quick and had to go next door because he said the water heater was in the next unit. Great. He came back and told us the problem. They were using all the hot water. So, they moved us to a unit where nobody was next door and that problem was solved. Then I noticed the filthy carpet and couch and proceeded to look for the blender so I could make a margarita and try to forget about it. Turns out the blender was broke. So much for drinking myself into a blissful, uncaring state. Once again we called the office and after about 30 minutes or so, they delivered a brand new one to the door. After that it got better. i was feeling good, (blue margaritas) and we went to the hot tub which was nice after a long day. Next day we decided to skip the busch race and lazed around the pool all day. There were some cute little lizards who became my substitute pets,since I was missing my dog. I was surprised by the good weather at that time of the year and we were able to get quite a bit of sunshine. the pool was pretty relaxing with an adjacent pond that had ducks in it and a fountain in the middle. i noticed a playground for the kiddies nearby but not too close and the noise was minimal. Walmart is nearby and restaurants are plentiful. Computer usage must be scheduled by appointment with the front desk, since there is only one. The resort is pretty close to the interstate so that was good. The staff was friendly so that was a plus also. The grounds were pretty well kept and the exterior of the units were maintained pretty good. There were nice toiletries in the bathroom and even some body spray for the men. There were plenty of pillows and blankets and everything was well stocked in the kitchen. Overall, it was a good experience. i just wish they would clean the carpets and upholstery on a regular basis. If it was cleaner it would have been perfect and I would have given it at least 4 stars. We didn't complain to the office about it because we didn't want to have to move again and go through the hassle, so we just kept our shoes on and covered the couch with a sheet.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PcflHarmony
Reviewed 29 March 2008

First, I am a Discovery Vacations member so I booked my trip directly through that. It was my first Discovery experience so I did not know what to expect or how much timeshare talk to look forward to.

My friend and I arrived on Sunday via taxi from Orlando airport (about an hour drive, approx $50). We arrived early so the hotel held our bags in a locked room while we lounged by the pool for a few hours.

The only thing I did not like was the fake act the timeshare representatives put on. In order to get free tickets to theme parks my friend and I were asked to attend a complimentary breakfast on Monday. Little did we know, this breakfast was stale bagels and cream cheese while an obnoxious salesman tried to convince me to buy a time share. After saying no, another rep will give you a "survey" and try to persuade you again. Just say NO and eventually they will give your free tickets. And if they run out of what tickets you want, they'll give you cash.

Sunday evenings they host a wine and cheese at the pool near the activities center. Its complimentary. My friend and I didnt find out about it until later in the week. I think they failed to mention this at check in because we didnt look of age. Go to wine and cheese! Its free!

Our room was a 1BR deluxe (1 king, and 1 queen sofa bed) and it was more than enough room for the two of us. Everything was very clean and the room was recently renovated. There was also complimentary Bath & Body Works soaps and shampoos, and also laundry detergent and dish soap in the kitchen.

We used our kitchen once to make smoothies. It had everything from pots and pans to a blender. Not to mention a dishwasher too! My friend and I ate out for dinner. The hotel is located on Rt 192 which has about 10 restaurants within (chicago pizza, macaronni grill, etc.) a mile. If you dare to eat on the other side of the highway, be careful crossing Rt 192, there are some really busy intersections. For breakfast, there is a Dunkin Donuts across Rt 192 and a fruit store. We also went to CVS and stocked up on food there.

The shuttle service provided by the hotel worked out well for us. It runs a few times in the morning to the Disney transport center for $3 round trip, and in the afternoon it makes trips to publix and Target. In the evening shuttles run every few hours. And if you miss the shuttle, there are plenty of taxis that will take you back to Cypress Palms for about $20.

Also note, the room will not be cleaned everyday. During a 7 day visit they will clean mid week, otherwise, no cleaning. Feel free to call for fresh towels whenever you need them though. They were quite speedy.

The pools are nice, plenty of chairs and towels are complimentary. There is also free fresh popcorn and coffee in the activity center. If you are looking to workout while on vacation, the gym is inadequate. There are a few treadmills and 1 or 2 weight machines. You are better off going for a run in the surrounding neighborhood.

If you are debating whether or not to rent a car, its not necessary. All attractions are accessible via taxi or hotel shuttle, and food is in walking distance.

If you are doing a land & sea package from wyndham, there is no shuttle to the Port Canaveral. The cheapest way to go is use a shuttle service. I used Cruise Line Connections. It was $85 for 2 people. It made several hotel stops from Kissimee to the port.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, it was better than I expected. And there was no more timeshare talk after Monday, which was pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank jpruzins
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We went here as an RCI exchange for Spring Break for our 4 and 6 year olds to do the Disney World thing.

At first, was very apprehensive because I read all the negative reviews of the resort after we had already booked. But didn't experience any of the negatives that I've read about. Maybe because we stayed in a renovated building (5305 right next to the activities center). The 1BR unit was spacious and had a separate shower and ample tub where the kids had a blast.

The activities center is GREAT! It has a game arcade where my kids loved the racing games and the air hockey table. And the best of all is free popcorn from the popcorn machine!

Another great feature is the heated pool. We had stayed at a Hilton resort several years back in the month of April and didn't get to use the pool at all because it was still a bit chilly in April. I thought it would be the same here so didn't pack any pool stuff, but was so pleasantly surprised that the pool was heated so we could enjoy the pool any day or time of the week, and even during the evening hours. One night, they had a movie night at the pool and they played DADDY DAYCARE on the big blow-up screen while people played in the pool and watched the movie. The kids loved it.

The resort itself doesn't have a store or restaurant but does not need them b/c of the close proximity to CVS and lots of great restaurants. We walked to the CVS to pick up some supplies--it's that close.

The resort was recently downgraded from a Gold Crown resort status to that of a Hospitality resort. This is a rating system by RCI, which we are a member. I was very concerned about this when I read the reviews that stated this. So I asked a management member about it and he stated that those ratings are very much based on reviews and if someone was not happy that there was no on-site restaurant or store, then the ratings would go down. But he said that they made a conscious decision not to have any stores or restaurants b/c there are so many stores and restaurants juch a short distance from the resort. That made sense to me. I thought the Wyndham should be a Gold Crown resort b/c it met or exceeded the other Gold Crown resorts we have stayed at.

Highly recommend it for everyone, and esp for families with kids. Our kids had a great time, as did we.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank TylerBrenna
Reviewed 21 March 2008

We really liked this time share. When we were there much redecorating was taking place and it did not really bother us at all. Perhaps we couldnt park as easily as we ought to be able to .........no big deal since the overall stay was more than fine. We are planning to stay again this fall so that just shows to go ya! Hopefully all the renovations are complete and it should be quieter . Most of the time we were at the parks anyway, and at night it was very quiet. I would reccommend Cypress Palms for its cleanliness and attention to the clients. If we needed something for our room it was there in a flash. Check in was fine and all the staff were more than helpful. We booked through armed forces vacation club and it is one of the nicest lodgings. We highly reccommend Wyndham Cypress Palms . A nice comfortable feel like home place.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple