Myself my friend and our 4 teenage children stayed here for 10 days during the Easter holidays.
We stayed on the 4th floor. The bedroom was light and airy and there was a separate living area with kitchenette and a large sofa bed and a large bathroom which had 2 doors this became a little annoying as you had to remember to lock both doors, in the end we kept the bedroom one locked and blocked it with a suitcase. The 2 double beds were the comfiest we had ever slept in, in a hotel. The rooms were cleaned every day and the beds changed every couple of days.
The breakfast was served everyday until 9.30 and was a hit with the kids something different every day.
Monday though Thursday at 5.30pm - 7.30pm you were able to have 2 complementary drinks (wine/beer adults soft drinks for kids) and some sort of snack, this was very enjoyable to have round the pool.
Now the pool, its not the biggest or the smallest you might see, but it is adequate. There are plenty of sun loungers around to soak up the Florida sun then a quick dunk in the pool to cool you off as well as a jacuzzi . The kids played endlessly in the pool with different balls and floats that people leave behind after their holiday.
We didn't hire a car on this occasion due to the location of the hotel, it is smack right in the middle between Disney and Universal.
The hotel provide a shuttle to Disney around 3 times a day which is free. But, they charge $10pp to go to Universal, the water parks and Sea world and only run once a day, there were 6 of us which would have made it very expensive, the local taxi cost around $20 return from Sea world and $30-35 for Universal which was great value and we were not restricted by time,top-tip, get the number of your taxi driver and use them for the duration of your holiday we did and he was always available when we text him a time to pick up or collect well done JOSEPH.
As I said the hotel was in a great location very safe to walk around in the evening there are plenty of restaurants inc TGI'S, Angus steakhouse, Pizza hut, Denny's etc a Pharmacist, supermarkets and gift shops in about 10min and in around 20 mins you can walk to Down Town Disney.
The hotel is perfect for families the staff are some of the friendliest I have ever met, nothing is too much trouble and will assist you at all times with regards to anything!
Also there is free wifi with the grounds so no hefty phone bills to come home too.
The only thing that niggled me was that there was no bar in the hotel or on site restaurant. Saying that I would certainly use this hotel again.
Well done guys this hotel certainly made our holiday :)
The location is superb right in-between the Disney Parks and Universal studios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites