This is a really great little hotel to use as a base for visting the surrounding attractions especially Disney as it offers a complimentary bus shuttle to Epcot where you can get transport to all the other parks.
Our room was really more of an apartment with a separate bedroom containing two huge beds and a TV. There is also a separate bathroom with WC and a large washroom. On entering the apartment there is a kitchen with a big fridge/freezer, microwave, hob, dishwasher, table and 4 chairs.. This leads onto a lounge area with sofa's and another big TV.
My one grievance is that there is no safe in the room to keep valubales. Instead there are some small safe boxes in reception but not enough for one per room and as the hotel was busy we consequently were unable to get one and had to carry my valuables around with us for the duration which was just as well as on one day we found our door had not been closed properly after it had been cleaned and anyone could have just walked in - luckily no one did.
This may have been speciific to our room only but the air conditoning was incredibly nosiy when it kicked in and although we could have turned it off the room would have been uncomfortably hot at night.
Breakfasts are good and change on a daily basis with 3 cooked items each morning supplemented by toast, bagels, doughnuts, cereals, fruit and yoghurt.
Another little perk was the early evening Monday hotdog and alcoholic drink ( beer or wine) which were compliments of the manager to all guests. Really nice to come back to after a day at the theme parks.
As has already been mentioned the pool is small and it's not really the sort of hotel I would stay in purely to sit by the pool all day.
Loads of nearby diners & restaurants that are only a 5-10 minute walk away - all with good menus.
The decor was a little dated but most importantly it was clean hotel.
I would definately stay at this hotel again to use as a base for
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites