we have jusy returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel and had a very pleasent stay here.
Firstly, the location is great for all the parks, local amenities and shops. You can walk to the shops by cutting though a few buildings across the road which is really handy. We didn't go to all the parks but for the ones we did visit we hired a car or got a cab and it was literally 5/10 minutes to each park and about ten dollars in a cab.
The hotel itself was clean and tidy and the rooms were great. our room had two double beds, a living room with a second tv (which was great when i kept waking up in the middle of the night because of jet lag) And a really ample kitchen with everything you need to do a bit of self catering should you wish to.....we didn't because there's probably a different resturant in the area to have breakfast, lunch and dinner a different place every day of the year!
the pool area was ok. The pool was quite small and often over crowded which meant we never seemed to get a chance for a proper swim, but that's ok, we did appreciate that it was very much a child friendly hotel but it was a shame that there was no pool side bar for drinks and snacks as we enjoy that kind of thing on a holiday and it's nice to sit by the pool with a drink in the early evenings when it's still warm. Having said this, the pool was a lovely temperature and always spotlessly clean.
The breakfasts were good, and for a complimentry meal at the start of the day you can't really complain. It'd have been pefect if they'd had more options of 'cold' choices like more cereals or fruits but what they did offer in the way of omelettes and bacon etc was ample.
The staff in the hotel were great and a particular mention goes to Milton on reception and Joey who does the bar in the evenings. both of these guys were so helpful and friendly, advising us on the local area and where to eat. it's nice that they remember names/faces in such a busy hotel and place.
Someone on here has said there is only one lift. nope, there is two. the first one is near reception and the other is at the end of the corridor - the later lift always arrives much quicker than the former!
one quick tip for the evenings if you fancy a night out - go to Pointe Orlando (between 10 and 20 dollars in a taxi or about a half hour walk) It's a bit more lively and 'happening' with some bars and what not. we went there twice and enjoyed drinks and dinner in a few places and had a great time.
another few tips for dinner - Chillis, Don Pablos, Perkins, Charlie's steak house (get your name on the wall if you can manage the 50 ounce steak but the prices might make you squirm!).
we also swam with dolphins during our stay and i recommend this to everyone - absolutely incredible, but i'll leave that for another review.
This was my first time in the USA and thanks to all the friendly staff not only in the hotel but the local area I now have the bug to visit more of the USA and can't wait to get cracking on our next trip to the states. Absolutely fantastic country and i now see why everyone raves about you guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites