“Comfortable, well-run, with surprising number of amenities for the cost” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #94 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Decatur (Atlanta), GA
“Comfortable, well-run, with surprising number of amenities for the cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Just got back from three nights at this hotel. The hotel employees are very friendly and competent. I asked for a quiet room and was placed in a perfect location (end of the hall, several floors up, far from an elevator). The room was clean, comfortable, bright, and had up-to-date decor and linens. The shower even had water pressure. The shuttle service to Universal was complimentary, prompt, and courteous. The complimentary breakfast is also well-run. There are many choices (you can eat healthy or not!) including self-serve waffles, oatmeal, cereal, sweet and savory breads, yogurt, fruit, etc. The dining area was kept clean. The staff put out afternoon cookies as well. I was happy to find a large hot tub/whirlpool in the pool area. And if you work out in the mini gym, you'll find cool towels for your face. Again, lots of unexpected amenities. VERY close to Universal. Pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank mindynate1
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing a plethora of great info about our amenities with other travelers! I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services and amenities meeting your travel needs.
We hope to have you stay with us again. Have a wonderful day!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Chappaqua, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here in late February. great hotel, comfortable, well run, great staff. Need to note the woman that oversees the breakfast room (Rosila was her name I believe), does such a great job and the breakfast is great!! room was comfortable, very quiet, large, price was fair. only problem was pull out bed springs were rough to sleep on for one of our kids. see below:

pros
right next door to Universal - very convenient
Very quiet
large room
nice pool
great breakfast - Rosila!!
clean room
Great staff

cons
pull out couch bed not comfortable
ran out of cookies at check in

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DavidHaup
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for your review! Our breakfast attendant- Larissa - is ecstatic about being praised on TripAdvisor! Sorry about the pull out sofa, we have looked into the issue and got it fixed future guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As far as cookies- feel free to ask next time and we'll be happy to bake more!
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield inn just outside Universal Studios. The room I stayed in was very nice and well layed out. It was a small studio with a King sized bed and a little sitting room. It had 2 flat screen TVs as well as a fridge and microwave (which I actually used). After I checked in, I discovered that this hotel was listed as a catagory 4 hotel which allowed me to use some free nights I had on my account (which only allowed up to a catagory 4 stay), so I asked the desk to change the billing to use those nights. The front desk told me it would have to be coordinated with Marriott reservations, but they would handle all that for me. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out the bill was perfect! All of the appropriate discounts and free nights were accounted for.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to Universal Studios, and within in walking distance if you don't mind...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bgoodfly
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your review and for useful tips about transportation to Universal! It is a great pleasure to hear you and your family had an enjoyable stay and that you are happy with the service you received. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and hope to have you stay with us again next time you are visiting Orlando area.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Upon check-in, we could tell this was not an ordinary chain hotel. The front desk service was superb! They upgraded our room which was spacious, clean and well appointed. A shuttle is available to Universal, but it's a very short drive if you don't want to depend on a shuttle schedule. We only stayed for one night, but I can see how it would work well for a longer stay too. There are several restaurants and a drug store (Walgreen's) within walking distance. My only suggestion for improvement is the breakfast buffet and coffee service. I have some food sensitivities (eggs and dairy mostly) and there was no non-dairy creamer. They also could have used a few more toppings for the oatmeal which was about the only thing I could eat besides the fruit. All-in-all, a terrific hotel. We would recommend it to anyone and stay there again. I'll just remember to bring my own coffeemate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for your compliments to our staff for the service! I am glad our location and accommodations suited your travel needs.
I am sorry we did not have non-dairy products to help your food sensitivities. I appreciate you mentioning that and I will definitely take your suggestion into consideration.
Thanks again for choosing our property amongst many others in Orlando and we certainly hope to have you back! Have a great day!
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I had originally booked the Doubletree hotel, which is just two buildings down from this Fairfield. The Doubletree is a little closer to the Universal entrance, but after reading ratings on Trip Advisor I found that this Fairfield seemed to be much more highly rated. Also, the Fairfield has free parking and free breakfast, two things that can really add up for a family in the course of a week. I canceled my Doubletree reservation and booked the Fairfield.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Emanoel very kindly managed to upgrade our room at check-in, and was so pleasant and helpful several times when I came to the desk with questions or requests. The breakfast area was always fully stocked, and the selection was quite good. The decor is nice, and everything looked fresh and new. The housekeeping staff does a great job in the room and the common areas (make sure to drop them a few bucks every day, they work hard!) And there are cookies in the lobby area, at least sometimes. It was always a surprise, and we'd hope to find them.

The shuttle is scheduled, and only does one trip over in the morning (it was timed to get you to the park right when the gates opened, so for us in January it was 8:45 AM), and one trip back in the evening 25 minutes after the park closed (7:25 PM in January). We found that a little restrictive, as that is just too long a day. We would either take shuttle one way and walk the other, or we simply drove over to Universal. Parking at Universal was reasonable at $15 a day, because you could come and go and not have to pay again. So, we'd go to the park while, come back and rest, and then head over to CityWalk for dinner. If you don't want to pay to park, the walk one way is do-able but takes 15 to 20 minutes. (There are cute little lizards on the sidewalk. We had fun watching the dozens of them scurry away as we approached.) But with all the park walking, we just treated ourselves to parking at Universal. (If we had stayed at Doubletree, then we would have been paying to park at both the hotel and the park, which would have been ridiculous.) The shuttle is nice, it is a bus so we had no worries of not getting a seat. The driver was friendly and prompt.

Thanks, Fairfield staff! You earned your 5 "dot" rating here. :) Excellent service, very nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ChrisdeB_12
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your Orlando trip and for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay! You picked us versus full service DoubleTree Hotel and that's a big compliment for us!
I am glad you enjoyed our amenities and the service provided by our team! Thank you for your kind words and for your "5-dot" rating!
We hope to see you again soon and have wonderful day!