“Great weather ... for inviting bugs” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott's Sabal Palms

Marriott's Sabal Palms
Ranked #147 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lewiston, Maine
“Great weather ... for inviting bugs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Our family plus 2 grandchildren, both celebrating 1st birthdays at Disneyworld, stayed here 7 days and had no complaints until we moved the couch to retrieve a child's building block. There it set, a large roach, not alive thank goodness. Two other ones were also seen later in the morning, scurrying from under the sink while I was changng the trash liner.
My daughter reported our findings to the Sabal Palms front desk and was told she would have to take it up with the manager, who works at a sister property down the road.
It was our check out day, so I mentioned the insect problem when turning in our room cards.
The desk clerk's response was "at least they didn't show up until yor last day". She then went on to say the cooler weather {mid 80's}, was driving them inside. I reminded her that we were at a Marriott property and whether it was here or Alaska, room standards must be upheld.
We have vacationed here many times since 2003 staying at the same villa each time. We- have never received any less than outstanding service and room quality until this trip.
The grounds were well kept and use of the World Center ammenities are always a benefit.
Our requests for extra bedding and towels were deliverd promptly with follow up calls to the room.
We will continue to stay at Marriott properties for future vacations, just not this one.

Room Tip: Room 4121 or 4121 are 1st and 2nd floor end rooms. They are in a quiet area overlooking the golf co...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank conmarjohn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

The villas at this property are very spacious and have some great amenities. Our villa had two bedrooms. The first room had two beds in it - it was pretty tight walking around the room. It connected to a bathroom that was nicely furnished. The master bedroom was very large and had a great bathroom with double sinks. The shower was huge, but I found ants in it twice.. I called the front desk after each time and they had someone come up to spray. They didn't seem surprised when I called to complain or apologize so I'm assuming they hear this complaint frequently.

The kitchen was a nice size and fully stocked with everything that we needed and then some. There was also a dining room, living room, and screened in balcony with a table and chairs.It was very spacious, but everything was worn down. The rugs had slight stains on them, and the TV would work but you could tell that it was in desperate need of an upgrade.

What bothered me the most this trip was the staff. While I didn't have many encounters with them, the ones that I did speak to had no customer service skills. I called room service daily to ask them to bring up extra towels and they never did. I also asked the front desk for a taxi service to use for the weekend and one they gave me was over priced and completely rude (don't use Metro Taxi).

The Marriott World Center was a short walk away from Sabal Palms so we used their pools, and restaurants frequently. Everything in that building was lovely and it was a good alternative to the property we were staying at. There are also no shuttles to Disney from here which is pretty ridiculous since it is a short distance away from the parks.

Next time I will choose a different resort this one just didn't have everything I was looking for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank dks61885
Holly Springs NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is by far better units than the old units in Grand Vista. You know what you are getting here, not hoping that you will receive a renovated room. This place is very relaxing. I requested a Villa close to the pool and on the bottom floor, and was granted both requests. The staff is very nice here. The unit looks over the golf course which is very relaxing and we saw the alligator and the girls loved this. There is a full size washer and dryer which is very nice but it is in the kitchen and very loud.
The water has an odor while the clothes are washing. I added vinegar to the laundry load and this took care of that. I washed our towels instead of asking for new ones. The vinegar made them very soft.
There is no separate bath in mbr if this matters to you.
Shower is great! It is walk in , has 2 side sprays and a waterfall spray from above. It was very nice to wash two children at once when they were tired.
The steps did worry me but they were not a problem.
We would definitely come back here. Did not make full use of the World Centre because we just did not have the time
The girls did kids night out and they loved that!. This gave the parents a little down time to just rest. The staff was very very nice. The pool is nice . It is small but it was only us and one other family in it. My daughter was playing with another child and he jumped into the pool and she followed. Be very careful, as the shallow side of the pool has 3 steps all the way accross,so jumping into the pool there is dangerous. Parking was shaded with trees, also a plus.
There is a nice walmart close by that has single packaged snacks - apples with grapes and carrots with ranch dressing which makes it nice for kids.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are nice because you do not have the stairs. If you call the front desk, they will...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank good_page
Naples
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My wife and I spent five nights at the resort. We've traveled all over the world and this was perfect. The location worked well. It's just outside Disney, 2 miles from Downtown Disney and 10 miles from Universal Studios. The villa was fully equipped. The kitchen had everything needed for a family of four. The unit had a full sized washer/dryer and a spacious master bedroom suite. Friendly staff and towel service daily.

It had a nice pool and a small but adequate fitness center. And it's right next to the Marriott World Center Hotel where we stayed last year. The Sabal Palm was better in that the space was great to have, high speed wireless Internet included.

Room Tip: We own Marriott timeshare in Aruba. The rooms here were as good as in Aruba. And the location to the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JackDNaples
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Sabal Palms at the Marriott World Centre in August and we had a fantastic time. The room is spacious and modern with all the facilities you would expect from a Marriott vacation club resort. The hotel itself would be fine for most hotels, but having the World Centre on your door step makes it much more enjoyable, We used various facilities, particularly the pools and the basketball courts, for my son.
If I was being picky then the 2aspects that I would change are:

1/ The check in time is 4.00pm, which I think could be 2.00pm.
2/ The room was only cleaned once a week by maid service.

The rooms did not have maid service daily, however whenever we needed the towels, disshcloths, or nay items refreshed they were done in a very short time, and it was never an issue. As I said I am being a bit picky as overall the hotel was superb, with a fantastic location
close to Disney, you can see Planet Holywood from the pool area. The World centre pools are 5mins walk and they are fantastic, especially the main pool and the spa pool ( for a relaxing environment). We used the BBQ unit outside the room on several occasions and it made a pleasant change from eating out or cooking inside. Some nice looking restaurants on site, but we did not eat in any of them, but we did eat in the food court, which was very reasonably priced for a 5* hotel.

I would highly recommend this resort for a great Orlando experience and throuroughly great fun with all the facilities.Hope you enjoy it.

Room Tip: We chose a room over looking the pool which was brilliant, but golf fanatics might prefer adifferent...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family