“Perfect For The Night Before A Flight” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #62 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
slc ut
“Perfect For The Night Before A Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The beds are air beds so you can adjust them for a great nights sleep. Suprisingly nice pool area for the kids to get rid of the last bit of energy before going to sleep too. Very clean property, four different place to go eat within walking distance was really nice too. TGI open late and has great late night specials just across the street. Shuttle service shared by other properties in the area so give yourself an extra half hour just in case.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear vacationsamany,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our property.

It is extremely important for us to know what our guest think and how they feel when they stay here and every feedback is very important so we can improve on those areas that we need to.

Please do not hesitate to ask for me at the front desk next time you come to Orlando for business or pleasure so I can personally welcome you and /or your family and/or friends.

Alex Blanco
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I am a frequent traveler (about 5 trips a month) and my hotel of choice is the HGI brand. I love Hiltons and their loyalty program can't be beat.
I find the consistency and quality of HGI hotels across the nation to be the best around- which is why i will go out of my way to stay at them over any other brand.
This particular location, however, leaves much to be desired. My arrival at the front desk was a bit sloppy- the printers were out of paper. I asked for a room on a high floor, away from the elevators (which is in my booking profile), she gave me a room at the back of the hotel- yes, far from the elevators- but also surrounded by smokers. Apparently, this is also the forgotten hallway as frequently I would return to my room to solicited material having been slipped under my door. (One day, I had as many as 4 flyers littering my doorway.) The staff uniforms were frequently wrinkled and dirty. Usually I find most employees have a personal standard of excellence that I just did not find here.
Just a note- the elevators are extremely slow. Often times, I found myself waiting at least 3 or 4 minutes for the elevator to come to the fourth floor.
When I arrived in my room, there was a box cutter sitting open on the bed, and after having pulled out my laptop to work at the desk for a few minutes, I discovered that the edging of the desk was covered with some sort of sticky adhesive, which got all over my clothing. As I was leaving, i mentioned this to the front desk and asked them to fix it- which they did while I was away... And I returned to this note on my desk- see photo. The intent was good... The staff should be trained to not leave notes unless they're spelled correctly and professionally. I did appreciate how quickly they responded in this one instance.
Also, the lid of the toilet in my bathroom wasn't even the right lid for the toilet- so it sat crooked and was an eye sore. The toilet handle was loose, so it wouldn't stop the water from running. More than once I asked the front desk to have it worked on while I was out of the room and there was no work done on it. The lid was replaced- with another ill-fitting lid.
The fridge in my room did not have an adjustable setting, so my fruit was not kept cold- it was just slightly cooler than room temp.
The room thermostat did not cool the room to the setting I prefer. I set the temp to 65, and it never fell below 73 despite several attempts at readjusting the very old thermostat.
Since I prepaid for my room, I couldn't leave the property. And changing rooms wouldn't have made my experience any better. Repacking my stuff and moving to another room was more of a headache.
Overall, not even close to a Hilton property standard that I've come to expect.. The Lake Buena Vista property blows this one of the water.
Lots of small things add up- I would not choose this venue again for my next trip. In fact, I would go out of my way to avoid it.
Disappointing for sure.

Room Tip: High Floor, make sure you specify how close/far you need to be to/from smoking rooms. Plan on extra...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Mrs. SGFRoadWarrior,
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the decor and style of the hotel did not meet your expectations.
We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, made of the highest quality, and is in perfect working order. I’m extremely sorry that was not the case during your stay.
Please know that I won’t try to make excuses or try to explain how the issues that you encountered happened; however, one thing that I can assure and promise you is that I am following up and making all the necessary corrective actions to avoid any other guest from experience what you did.
As of this moment we are working with the Brand to finish the design for our complete renovation which will be executing in phases to avoid any inconvenience to our guest and make it as flawless as possible.
I really appreciate your comments and all of our guest’s feedback so I can address and take the necessary measurements to ensure that we meet and exceed all our guests’ expectations.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience
I would like to kindly request for you to contact me directly at the hotel and give us the chance to show you our commitment to you as our valuable guest.

Alex Blanco
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

My friends and I booked this hotel the night before when I flew into Orlando late. The price we found on another site (Priceline) couldn't be beat. The room was only $60. The room was clean and spacious enough. If you need to stay close to the airport, then this Hilton is a good choice. My only complaint was the amount of noise on the first floor in the morning. We could hear everything the next morning because some business meeting or whatever had breakfast outside of the conference room. It sounded like a loud party. I would recommend you not get a room on the first floor close to the lobby.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

After losing my connection flight (united), I "landed" in Hilton Orlando Airport in a bad mood. Furthermore my reservation, supposedly made through UA Customer Service (as a favor, to be clear) was not in the system. But a extremely friendly staff in hotel (Marcela) changed my mood. Looked for best rate possible given the circustances, offered a 'welcome drink' to cheer up. After that, I found out a very comfortable room, relativ good food with a good and friendly (again) service. Breakfast was ok (hilton standard), but again service excels.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

With the great rate I got on a third-party (Bid) booking, HGI couldn't have been more perfect. Location was a mile from the office, lots of food options and the airport is 5 mins away.

Rooms are HUGE.A few minor issue with the bathroom cleanliness - but overall a very nice room. And best of all - the staff is really friendly and helpful. I'd go back to this location without the discounted rate.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queens overlooking the pooi was very nice.