Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 81
US$ 143
US$ 134
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 242
US$ 674
US$ 635
3,194 results
All reviewsmonday to thursdayinternational drivebahama breezewelcome homefree beer and winewithin walking distancefree dinnerevening receptionfull size fridgecomplimentary breakfastmake your own wafflesolive gardenseparate bedroomevery morningale housekitchen areasofa bed
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel in December 2011. Myself and my family and my twin sister and her family flew over to America for first time and we loved it. My sister stayed in Hampton Inn Suites which again was good but mine was better. The great thing was transport was free to the parks and we saved a fortune with the free homewood tea which was served Mon to Thurs. Breakfast got a bit repetitive but to be honest if you was at home you would not eat the same thing every day. Eggs could have been sunny side up and not scrambled all time. Loads of cereal porridge etc so choice enough. Brocolli was raw which I found bizarre ha ha but what can I say. Even free wine and beer with our meals. Trust me this saves you a fortune this does especially if you have kids, and you are so knackered from being at theme all day you dont want to dress up and go out. It is not like going to spain. So its great you can get this tea free and just chill in your room from about 9 onwards. Spain is for staying out late as you dont do much in day but America is so jam packed with fun you are bushed by 5pm. There was a place called the ALE House just near our hotel. We loved it. Great Food, Great drinks. Big Screens. Pool Tables. Full of atmosphere american style loved it so so much. Put it this way my husband was dubious about going to America but it charmed him over. We loved orlando it was fantastic. You expect International Drive to be like Blackpool but it isn't everything is so far apart. It's very easy to drive in America so get your self a car. Fantastic Holiday we are counting down the days to go back. GO on the HULK even if you do not like roller costers. I'm a softy but absolutely loved it. Harry Potter Spider Man etc was fan tastic. The theme parks were great in our first week as it was in school time but beware a much longer waiting time in peak times like school holidays. Q Bot is a must. Trust me you will know if you go in school hols you wish you would have got one. Q jumping must. as you can wait an hour for 1 go even longer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DebsWhit
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Arrived the evening of 4/3 for the National Plastics Exhibition, with a confirmed reservation only to find that I was one of four guests, randomly chosen to lose our rooms and be moved to another "property". Even though I mentioned I was a Hilton Diamond member, "sorry, we have no rooms".

They gave me a letter of introduction and sent me on my way. I did have a car. This other property was 30 miles from the convention center and the nastiest extended stay facility I have seen. Garbage bags were in the hallway, drunks were standing outside the entrance door, the floor in the hallway was rotten from the air conditioning leaking on the floor. More on this place later.

At 3:00am awoke and got out of there.

Went to the Homewood, and gave the front desk clerk my room key to the extended stay facility and my Diamond member card, and said I will not be needing either one in the future. Went to sleep in my car for an hour, in my business clothes.

Hilton did arrange to get me into their Hampton Inn on the same property as the Homewood for wednesday night. When checking in, talked to two other guys that were sent to the extended stay facility. One had roaches running across his room floor. They seconded what I was telling the front desk clerk about my experience.

Hilton told me that if they knew I was a Diamond member, they would not have moved me. My comment was that is no excuse, you could have done this to my son or daughter. Membership is for perks, not a position in a bump line.

Have a complaint file lodged with Hilton on this event.

Watch this property, greed rules here. Why else would they double sell confirmed rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank hsmuck
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Just back from a week at this hotel with a friend & my severely disabled daughter.
Complimentary shuttle to theme parks wasn't wheelchair accessible so private taxi arranged (& paid for) with no fuss. Minor hassles over it at times but that was drivers not hotel and Mario or Gary (managers) dealt with every hassle promptly and apologetically.
Room itself was a good size, comfy beds (2 standard doubles), large bathroom/toilet with basin in main bedroom, which meant one of us could get washed etc while the other was in the bathroom itself. Living room with sofa / armchair, kitchen table & chairs + 2-ring hob, microwave, huge fridge-freezer, dishwasher & food cupboards. Decor a little dated but certainly not offensive (& they're apparently refurbishing soon). Maid service every day & dishwasher loaded for us!
Room was quiet (though the people next door to us may not have said the same with my daughter's screaming!)
Nice pool & very hot jacuzzi - fairly shaded but that was fine for us.
Free buffet breakfast daily - not amazing quality but certainly pleasant enough & filled us up (& no problem with us taking extra to blend down upstairs for my daughter). Manager's special dinner 4 evenings - we only ate once but had the free wine / beer served with it a few times!
Great location, right by TGI Friday's (which has special deals on and works out just as cheap as the Denny's that's also virtually next door - but TGI is WAY better!), about half a dozen other restaurants & a Walgreens within a 3 minute walk.
Bus and I-tram stop virtually outside (both wheelchair accessible :-) ) Taxi to Disney parks took about 25 mins and worked out at around $35 - standard shuttles leave early or mid-morning, return I think around 9pm so not great if you wanted to leave early or stay for parades.
I've already recommended a friend to stay here, and would certainly stay again if we ever return to Orlando.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nixismum
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel was great, location was fantastic. I was given a room on the 2nd floor 246 to be exact. It faced the back parking lot, lets just say as a light sleeper that was not wise. Patrons returning back to their rooms were loud out there in the parking lot. The room itself once things were quiet outside, was absolutely quiet. Very clean, nicely kept hotel and once again LOCATION was fantastic.

Beware of ordering from certain places to your room, as you are hit with tip before you give it, an on the go charge as they have to deliver to your room and yet another additional charge same as the tip..it wound up being about $10.00 all together. You are better off walking to the restaurants as they are right out the back door and back parking lot to International Drive.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lower floors facing parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Anyone traveling to the Orlando area should not be surprised by the fact, that you are far from alone when visiting -But you have options. The Homewood Suites on International Drive, is an attractive, modern major branded hotel in the heart of tourist Orlando. That's also the problem! It's in the heart of tourist Orlando. Within three miles of this location, there are 90 other hotels/motels, along with over 200 food options (Microsoft Streets & Trips). Can you say congestion? Depending on time of day, there can be near-gridlock conditions at the first traffic light, on the way to Interstate 4 intersection. Unless you're walking, do yourself a favor, don't use International Drive at all, Instead go one block east to Universal Blvd., and enjoy the wide open spaces!

Now maybe you enjoy your neighbors and don't mind the crowds. That's cool, you are in Orlando after all right? On to the hotel.

This was our second stay at a Homewood Suites in six months, and it's a excellent property for your vacation. High on the list of positives is the two-room suite with a kitchen area. This can be very helpful for a family, or for an extended stay like ours (Five nights). The fridge and extra sink are great to have. While on the topic of sinks though, my pet peeve with Homewood is their insistence of placing the bathroom sink, not in the bathroom, but next to the bed! Just try brushing your teeth, three feet away from a sleeping partner, and not disturb them. This is such an annoyance to me, that we probably won't use this brand again in the future -Sorry. The living room of this hotel was a bit small, the couch old and very low to the floor, and the bathroom light buzzed loudly. We also asked for an extra suitcase rack upon our arrival. A week later, we're still waiting. If you decide to stay here, ask for a room on the outside of the building, not the inside facing the surrounded pool area. Insert screaming kid noises here. The parking lot can fill up at night, because of the surrounding restaurants. They have a security person to help keep non-guests away. Help. There is a Universal Studios/Seaworld desk in the lobby where you can get info, purchase discounted tickets, and even arrange transportation to those parks. The free breakfast is very nice. On our last night, while in the business office printing my departing flight's boarding passes, It was discovered the printer was out of paper. After calling the front desk, they said, I could come to them and get some paper. I Can? that's nice. Because of this hotel's horseshoe shape, and multiple exits, navigating the hallways can be a tiring exercise. Note to management: Install "This way to Lobby" and "This way to elevator" signs. You really need them!

In short, this is a fine hotel in the center of the action. But if don't like crowds look elsewhere. Because of the multiple area highways, ten miles way, is only ten minutes away. And a note about Orlando's highways. They are a mix of confusing criss-crossing toll and no-toll roads, some without toll takers! I'm from New Jersey, and I have never seen so many toll booths in my life! Have plenty of singles and quarters handy!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the outside of the building, not with the pool view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family