“Excellent location and price”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #36 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent location and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Located right near Denny's, Tony Romas, Ponderosa steak house and senior frogs eating out wad easy. Breakfast was good and complimentary food Monday to Thursday saved on eating out. Menu was stuck on the fridge when you arrive. It was nice to get a complimentary drink of wine or beer each night too. Shuttle bus to all flexipass venues available from a desk in reception you need to ask reception staff about Disney. Easy to buy i ride tickets also from reception and both the green and red line stop right near the hotel. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank cclay7
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel in December 2011. Myself and my family and my twin sister and her family flew over to America for first time and we loved it. My sister stayed in Hampton Inn Suites which again was good but mine was better. The great thing was transport was free to the parks and we saved a fortune with the free homewood tea which was served Mon to Thurs. Breakfast got a bit repetitive but to be honest if you was at home you would not eat the same thing every day. Eggs could have been sunny side up and not scrambled all time. Loads of cereal porridge etc so choice enough. Brocolli was raw which I found bizarre ha ha but what can I say. Even free wine and beer with our meals. Trust me this saves you a fortune this does especially if you have kids, and you are so knackered from being at theme all day you dont want to dress up and go out. It is not like going to spain. So its great you can get this tea free and just chill in your room from about 9 onwards. Spain is for staying out late as you dont do much in day but America is so jam packed with fun you are bushed by 5pm. There was a place called the ALE House just near our hotel. We loved it. Great Food, Great drinks. Big Screens. Pool Tables. Full of atmosphere american style loved it so so much. Put it this way my husband was dubious about going to America but it charmed him over. We loved orlando it was fantastic. You expect International Drive to be like Blackpool but it isn't everything is so far apart. It's very easy to drive in America so get your self a car. Fantastic Holiday we are counting down the days to go back. GO on the HULK even if you do not like roller costers. I'm a softy but absolutely loved it. Harry Potter Spider Man etc was fan tastic. The theme parks were great in our first week as it was in school time but beware a much longer waiting time in peak times like school holidays. Q Bot is a must. Trust me you will know if you go in school hols you wish you would have got one. Q jumping must. as you can wait an hour for 1 go even longer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DebsWhit
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Arrived the evening of 4/3 for the National Plastics Exhibition, with a confirmed reservation only to find that I was one of four guests, randomly chosen to lose our rooms and be moved to another "property". Even though I mentioned I was a Hilton Diamond member, "sorry, we have no rooms".

They gave me a letter of introduction and sent me on my way. I did have a car. This other property was 30 miles from the convention center and the nastiest extended stay facility I have seen. Garbage bags were in the hallway, drunks were standing outside the entrance door, the floor in the hallway was rotten from the air conditioning leaking on the floor. More on this place later.

At 3:00am awoke and got out of there.

Went to the Homewood, and gave the front desk clerk my room key to the extended stay facility and my Diamond member card, and said I will not be needing either one in the future. Went to sleep in my car for an hour, in my business clothes.

Hilton did arrange to get me into their Hampton Inn on the same property as the Homewood for wednesday night. When checking in, talked to two other guys that were sent to the extended stay facility. One had roaches running across his room floor. They seconded what I was telling the front desk clerk about my experience.

Hilton told me that if they knew I was a Diamond member, they would not have moved me. My comment was that is no excuse, you could have done this to my son or daughter. Membership is for perks, not a position in a bump line.

Have a complaint file lodged with Hilton on this event.

Watch this property, greed rules here. Why else would they double sell confirmed rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank hsmuck
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Just back from a week at this hotel with a friend & my severely disabled daughter.
Complimentary shuttle to theme parks wasn't wheelchair accessible so private taxi arranged (& paid for) with no fuss. Minor hassles over it at times but that was drivers not hotel and Mario or Gary (managers) dealt with every hassle promptly and apologetically.
Room itself was a good size, comfy beds (2 standard doubles), large bathroom/toilet with basin in main bedroom, which meant one of us could get washed etc while the other was in the bathroom itself. Living room with sofa / armchair, kitchen table & chairs + 2-ring hob, microwave, huge fridge-freezer, dishwasher & food cupboards. Decor a little dated but certainly not offensive (& they're apparently refurbishing soon). Maid service every day & dishwasher loaded for us!
Room was quiet (though the people next door to us may not have said the same with my daughter's screaming!)
Nice pool & very hot jacuzzi - fairly shaded but that was fine for us.
Free buffet breakfast daily - not amazing quality but certainly pleasant enough & filled us up (& no problem with us taking extra to blend down upstairs for my daughter). Manager's special dinner 4 evenings - we only ate once but had the free wine / beer served with it a few times!
Great location, right by TGI Friday's (which has special deals on and works out just as cheap as the Denny's that's also virtually next door - but TGI is WAY better!), about half a dozen other restaurants & a Walgreens within a 3 minute walk.
Bus and I-tram stop virtually outside (both wheelchair accessible :-) ) Taxi to Disney parks took about 25 mins and worked out at around $35 - standard shuttles leave early or mid-morning, return I think around 9pm so not great if you wanted to leave early or stay for parades.
I've already recommended a friend to stay here, and would certainly stay again if we ever return to Orlando.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nixismum
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel was great, location was fantastic. I was given a room on the 2nd floor 246 to be exact. It faced the back parking lot, lets just say as a light sleeper that was not wise. Patrons returning back to their rooms were loud out there in the parking lot. The room itself once things were quiet outside, was absolutely quiet. Very clean, nicely kept hotel and once again LOCATION was fantastic.

Beware of ordering from certain places to your room, as you are hit with tip before you give it, an on the go charge as they have to deliver to your room and yet another additional charge same as the tip..it wound up being about $10.00 all together. You are better off walking to the restaurants as they are right out the back door and back parking lot to International Drive.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lower floors facing parking lot