11,577 results
All reviews food court art of animation hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room main building the bowling pin pool classic hall disney world rooms are small gift shop magical express magic kingdom dining plan cast members online check refillable mugs
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I come to Disney every year and I must say Pop Century was a total letdown! I was so excited about the renovations (and they were beautiful- only reason I gave two stars) but too many cons to let that win me over.
1. I requested a King size bed, I know disney doesn’t have to give you that request but when we asked at check in the cast member just said none are available. Didn’t even look if we could switch another day during our stay. My fiancé is 6’6 even if we could have gotten a king bed two days, it would have been better then nothing.
2. I know if you decline mousekeeping you get a gift card. When I asked the check in, the cast member said because I was there for a wedding, in a group reservation, it didn’t apply. She took down my cell number and said she would ask and get back to me- never heard a peep! Wish I remembered this girls name for both 1-2, not the usual I’m used to from Disney castmembers.
3 THE WORST: whatever they used for the new insulation of the walls is absolutely horrible. All night we could hear toilets flushing, people talking and doors slamming. I mean I actually heard people going to the bathroom. I’m a nurse but this actually grossed me out!!!
4. We went to Disney springs on Saturday night and the line for the busses back to the hotel wrapped all the way past the marked lines down the sidewalk. No other hotel had this problem. You just want to get back to your room after a long night, not wait 40 minutes for a bus.
5. The new beds have a sharp corner that extend into your walking space in the room. Thanks for all the bruises to my knees.

Totally disappointed and cranky from this stay especially because I barely got any sleep. I rather stay at the all stars for some peace then hear people doing their business all night.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank hollycannon88
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of Disney's Pop Century Resort with us! A wedding is a wonderful thing to celebrate and I'm glad that you and you fiancé could join us. I'm very sorry to read, however, that you had some frustrations during your stay. Our Cast Members are always expected to provide the best Guest service possible and it is unfortunate that they were unable to meet your room request and that you received confusing information as well.

I will personally be sharing your feedback, including your observations from your room itself, with the proper Leadership at the Resort. Feedback from our Guests helps us to improve and I'm grateful that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. I hope that we will get to welcome you back in the future for a much more enjoyable visit.

Jordan

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We tried Pop Century after hearing good things about it from others we knew that had stayed there. The rooms were newly remodeled, and very nice and clean. Definitely better than the All-Star Resorts we've stayed in. BUT...... the problem we had was the walls seemed paper thin! Everytime someone on either side of us flushed their toilet, we heard it. All hours of the night or early morning is not a good time to hear toilets flushing if your trying to sleep. We could also hear conversations that our neighbors were having very easily. So, I don't know..... I don't know if Disney can go back and do anything different about that, but just know, the walls are thin. I also heard that there are more or frequent buses that go from Pop Century to the Parks, but I didn't notice that. Seemed about like any other Disney resort. Also, the concierge totally gave me some wrong advice about Disney! She said that to get to the Swan and Dolphin i had to take a bus to Epcot first. So i took a bus to Epcot, and once i got there the guy was like "that's the opposite thing you have to do!" So i had to go to Hollywood studios and then take a boat taxi...... it was just ridiculous. But the concierge should know basic stuff about Disney. It's tough to say if we would stay there again......

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BigDavis

I'm so glad that you and your family were able to visit us at Disney's Pop Century Resort. It is disappointing to read that you had a few less than magical experiences regarding your room, bus transportation, and an interaction with one of our Cast Members. We only want to provide the best Guest service possible and I sincerely apologize for these inconsistencies. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the proper Leadership so we can continue to improve.

While you may be disenchanted with Pop Century, I do hope that you will able to visit us again soon at one of our many Resort hotels. I highly recommend Disney's Art of Animation Resort, as it is one of my favorites! You may have seen it during your stay because it shares the Generation Gap Bridge with Pop Century. Each area of the Resort is themed to a beloved Disney movie classic and the pools are so much fun, especially the Big Blue Pool. With so many fun activities and pool parties, it's one of the best Resorts for younger children, too.

No matter where you stay with us next time, we can't wait to see you!

Jordan

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Disney Pop Century October 3-7. The hotel is perfect for families on a budget. The room was spacious for a family of 3. The cafeteria was reasonable and fast. Plenty of tables so you are not standing around. We were in building 9, which is near a pool but not noisy at all. We utilized the hippity dippity pool during our stay. Wish there were more umbrellas, but the pool was nice and clean and the life guards were on alert. Transportation to and from Disney and Disney Springs was fantastic! I would definitely recommend Disney Pop Century.

2  Thank teresagalloway

I was so glad to hear that you had a groovy time during your recent visit, Teresa. Disney’s Pop Century Resort is great for families that are looking for fun and excitement. It offers great amenities, a wide range of food offerings in our food court, pools that are great to cool off or catch some rays in the Florida sunshine, and complimentary transportations throughout our Resort.

I want to thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. It’s feedback like this that help ensure we are giving our Guests a magical experience every time they stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jessie

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Our first stay at one of Disney's Value resorts was great! In fact, our children liked this hotel better than many others we have stayed at and asked to return. The grounds are clean, fun and interesting. We enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms a lot and the Murphy bed worked especially well for us. My only complaint is that the Murphy bed is longer and my children were constantly banging their shins on it. If others have had the same issue, the hotel should find a way to address the problem. If you are staying at this hotel and using the second bed, make sure you are aware of this. Overall, we felt there was great value in staying at Pop Century and, although we love some of the other on property hotels, we will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: The seventies section preferred rooms are great and close to everything.
Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank devfam19
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us with such a groovy review of Disney's Pop Century Resort! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay - it certainly seems like everything was made in the shade, just for you. I also want to thank you for your feedback about the pull-down beds - we're always looking at ways to improve out Guest's visits, and your thoughts are always appreciated.

Wherever you decide to stay during your next visit, we can't wait to have you back!

Nathan

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Pop century has always been our choice for our stays at Disney resorts... This is our first stay since the refurbishment..The new accommodations are very nice. i know the size of the rooms didnt change but it seems that there is less space than before.... unfortunately No magical extras while we were there... our trash was never emptied in the 4 nights we were there.... Kinda disappointing for what kind of money we spend here every year...

3  Thank TROYBDUNCAN

Thank you so much for your repeat visitation to Disney's Pop Century Resort! I'm delighted to know you've found a Resort you can consistently look forward to staying at during your Disney getaways. However, I am sad to see you were disappointed by the room and the attention it received. I completely understand cleanliness is something you should never worry about on vacation, and I'm sorry we let you down in that aspect. For your future stays, please know both our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams are just a call away, and our Cast Members are always eager to assist!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts, and we can't wait to have you back again.

Nathan