Since the day it opened, I had planned that at sometime I could save and afford to stay for a couple days to just enjoy the animals. My dream came true and with some special offers, we ended up staying for a week. It was my first time ever spending so long at disney. We live close enough to go for a few days, but never stayed long.
The entire resort was amazing. The common areas and all the restraunts where great. We even used the evening kids program and had and adult dinner, sooooooo needed during a full week at disney. We ended up spending alot of time at the pool and hot tubs. So well done and a few steps and you are watching the flamingo pond and all the wildlife.
I would highly recommend some snacks/coffee/drinks for the room. We had juices for the kids and coffee for us and muffins/breakfast bars/ fruit. Most mornings we would longue on our deck watching the animals, eating, reading and relaxing. It was a great way to really enjoy them. Also on days you are not at a park plan some relaxing in evening or pre dinner time, as the animals out vary during the course of the day.
The buses where pretty to easy to use to get around, much better than when I have been in past.
The only down side is the rooms are small. I usually stay off property because of this(well that and wanting to save money). I have stayed at Contemporary as well and room here was a bit smaller but none are large. Friends recommended against the bunk bed rooms because the overall footprint was even smaller. It was fine as we where either gone or on the balcony unless we where sleeping, just plan accordingly for packing and showers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into the heart of Africa at this magnificent Resort hotel. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home. Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Florida
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney Animal Kingdom Resort
- Disney Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Orlando
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Disney
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Hotel
- Animal Kingdom Hotel Florida