Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
US$ 294
US$ 361
US$ 328
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 199
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
US$ 152
US$ 129
Hotelpower.com
7,333 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Another great stay there. My kids fell in with the staff, who loved them right back. Followed the staff around when they did their educational demonstrations. Maintinence man gave one daughter a handful of toys, just to be nice. Did have a room with a lesser view than before; we like ostrich savanah better.The kids club is the highest rated in the entire Disney line-up (allears.net) and our kids loved it. Let us go out to a nice dinner; Sanah is not to be missed. So be sure to take advantage of the lovely staff, kids club, and Sanah.

Room Tip: Ostrich savannah is our favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Waking up every morning and chilling-out every evening on your balcony watching the animals is huge. The hotel is undoubtedly remote and having a car available is a must unless you don't intend going anywhere other than your hotel or the AK.

Stayed: October 2011

Positives

1. The animals. Amazing the wake up to see various animals grazing beneath you.
2. The guides are absolutely amazing. I spent over an hour one morning chatting with two African ladies whose names I unfortunately can't remember - one from South Africa one from Botswana. If by chance someone at the hotel reads this, pass the message on that I really enjoyed our chat. I'd gone to buy my wife a gift from the gift shop because we were leaving that day. Without prompting, one of the guides found me wrapping paper and a gift tag. It's little touches like this that made our stay so special.
3. The Disney experience - no point listing all the usual perks of staying at a Disney resort because you probably know them all anyway if you're reading this. It is the ONLY way to enjoy a Disney World holiday

Negatives - I must stress that these aren't enormous negatives. We came away with an overwhelmingly positive account of our stay. Just that in the interest of balance these were some points for improvement.

1. Unless you're paying the extra for a savannah room, it's rather pointless staying here. You can see the same animals on a trip to Animal Kingdom theme park.
2. Concierge were not at all helpful with booking the Magical Express to the airport when we were leaving. Twice I was fobbed off with instructions to merely tell the valet in the morning that we'd like to travel and that would be sufficient, despite having been told elsewhere to the contrary. Finally I asked one of the night staff at reception to look into it and within seconds our boarding passes had been printed. Thanks a lot concierge. I should stress though that this is the only unsatisfactory exchange with customer service staff for our entire stay.
3. Location. This is relatively speaking of course. It's still only half an hours bus ride from anywhere else in Disney World. It's still the furthest one away from anywhere though - half an hour one way to Downtown Disney in the evenings which was a long trip when you've had a "bit" to drink...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MA_Browne
Reviewed 21 April 2012

If you really want an African adventure then please use your money to go on one. You will love it, and believe me at these prices you can afford it. My personal favourite is the Okavango Delta in Botswana and if you can stretch to it the Namibian Skeleton Coast. If you "have" to be in Disney World then this is an OK choice of a hotel (not the best but OK). BUT ... this is not Africa folks ... this is a huge (5 story) hotel block surrounded by a zoo. If you accept that is what you are getting then fine, go for it.

We spent two weeks in Orlando at two different hotels. The first was the Waldorf Astoria (reviewed seperately) which was cheaper and better (but not good). When we arrived at Animal Kingdom we had a big booking problem (thank you to hotels.com for resolving for us) but that meant that we started in a room at Kidani and then ended up at Jambo House so we can comment on the comparability. In our view Kidani is a smaller poor relation (fewer facilities and the pool is too small) but otherwise a carbon copy. We eventually booked into a large 4th floor 1 room suite (these are all standard hotel rooms folks, none are "villas") with a lounge and kitchen area (beware that smaller rooms do not have a kitchen despite some of the apparent advertising). The large rooms are nicely done although for the price are a bit tacky. The comments about things being too dark are frankly just silly, the lighting is perfectly adequate.

Service throughout was "Disney Standard Service Level" (DSSL = lots of smiles but largely slow and inneficient).

Food is also "Disney Standard Food" (DSF = overpriced and largely poor quality). This includes the so called South African restaurants at both Kidani and Jambo (I grew up in Africa ... trust me not authentic).

Transport system works well from this hotel and you are not too far from everything. We liked the evening toasted marshmellows by the campfire every evening. The pool (at Jambo) is nice and the afternoon kids activities are good.

Note that we have been to Disney several times so we are "fans" but let's be honest about what you get. Our favourite park was Animal Kingdom.

Room Tip: If the animal view thing is important then you need to specify Savanna view, but to be honest this is probably not worth it in my view. Try to request lower floors and closer to reception since this place is huge.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank off-for-a-ride
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was our first experience at Walt Disney World in Orlando. And in true Disney form, it did not disappoint! I believe they now call the lodge 'Jambo House' since there is another section of the lodge about a 5-7 minute walk away. As you first walk into the lodge, you can't help to be impressed with the very dramatic lobby w/ wonderful decoration and attention to detail. We did not pay to upgrade to a view room to see the animals, but we could still see them from our room (not sure if they ended up upgrading anyway...). We stayed in room 2232 and it was very comfortable for a family of four. My only complaint about the room is that the lighting in the bathroom is quite dim. Brighter lighting would definitely help make it easier to apply make-up!

The hotel is quite large and we found it a little confusing getting from our room to the pool area at first. A few of the signs aren't very clear. (you enter the lobby which is actually the 3rd floor, but the pool is on the ground floor). But, the pool area is wonderful and features a little slide the kids just loved. There's a bar there, too, for parents and towels are provided for free.

The other thing I love about staying on a Disney property is the ease of transportation. All of the Disney hotels offer bus services to the Disney theme parks. They come every 10-20 minutes -- so easy!!

While I have not stayed at any other Disneyworld hotels to offer a comparison, I can say without hesitation that you will not be disappointed in the Amimal Kingdom Lodge!!! In fact, we stayed at a smaller Marriott hotel afterwards for our trip to Universal Studios and my son said 'I really wish we were back at the Animal Kingdom Lodge'!

Stayed: April 2012