“Extremely disappointed ”

and up
Orlando Explorer Pass
Ranked #306 of 437 things to do in Orlando
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

After calling 3 times and receiving rude ignorant attitude from front end staff, I finally emailed the general Manager, Kristie.
Kristie was quick to "attempt" to fix issues that I had with unsuccessful attempt with calling staff earlier. Kristie "upgraded" Us to the tower and a hypoallergenic room at no extra charge. Great. Seemed fair and reasonable and showed he willingness to go above and beyond.
Arrived at hotel and was greeted by a less than enthusiastic individual who mad us feel like an inconvenience as oppose to a welcomed guest.
Checked in 4 hours after arrival as the room wasn't ready, no issue I get it.
Feeble attempt by staff in explaining how to get to the room and felt like they assumed that we should know how to get there, again I get it.
The room was a good size and was colorful and was clean, unfortunately the room never looked the same after spending 9 days. Room might have been vacuumed once during the entire stay. A/C unit rattled excessively and had to ask 3 times to have it repaired. Thick layer of dust on blinds and bench in the room, but wait it's a hypoallergenic room?? Not quite. Brought this to the attention to staff and it was never addressed until returning home and emailing the front end manager Andrew and I was told that that "the room will be shut down for a week where the staff will have a meeting on what not to do in the future"
Back to the "review" returned from a day out to find that the room wasn't cleaned (5:45 pm) went to dinner and returned to a make shift cleaning with no toilet paper. Left $5 on the bed for cleaning staff, but upon returning to the room the money was moved to the nightstand..I guess it wasn't enough (thoroughly insulted)
Went to the water park one day and was denied entry by their in house security guard who said outside food or drinks weren't allowed. I asked the guard for an explanation as to why, and he stated that he didn't have to tell me why and that is was just a policy of the hotel. I explained that all I wanted was a reasonable explanation as to why and he said, "I don't care what you want and I don't have to tell you anything" and moved out from behind his little table, puffed out his chest and got right in my face. I laughed and simply turned away and went to the front desk and explained the situation to Andrew, the front end manager, who rectified the issue of the coffee by giving me free thermos containers from the gift shop and said he would speak to the guards boss.
I certainly didn't think I would be in a position where I would be threatened by a security guard while simply asking (politely) for an explanation on policy.
I get that they want to sell their own coffee, but after spending thousands on the trip and cash at the restaurant, gift shop, bar and arcade, you would think a little leniency would be extended.
There were several more issues with this hotel, but this review is long enough as it is.
As mentioned earlier, I responded to Andrew via email, and expressed my feelings about our stay from one of the generic "how was your stay with us" messages and his offer of free water park passes on a future visit was further insulting and a feeble attempt at rectifying inexcusable issues.
I also responded to Kristie, the GM after one of her generic email messages, but after a week have heard nothing from her.
We travel a lot and I have several reviews on this site and I have never had an experience so poor and had to deal with so many employees at a hotel.

3  Thank Paul B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Our family of three stayed here in July 2016. I've waited to post to see what Thomson Holidays response would be but they are unresponsive and have poor aftercare for their customers so here goes. I had a few gripes to start with, nothing that would ruin a holiday and was willing to live with it such as the overall appearance wasn't what Thomson advertised and the water park is open to the public so you can't get near it esp at weekends. However, the two main problems were the hotel has a private taxi hire (hugely expensive) called Vanstar and we were advised to use local taxis which we did; meres cabs. One day the meres cab driver pulled up to collect us and words were exchanged between our driver and vanstar driver who got really aggressive whilst my daughter and I were in the back of the cab, he blocked the open door shouting and swearing into the cab right next to us. I intervened as it was frightening for my daughter. Once away he actually got in his black van and started following us. I later complained to the front of staff at the hotel and the Thomson rep (who didn't even respond) but I was made to feel the one at fault for complaining. Secondly, our toilet overflowed and flooded our bathroom and bedroom at 3am on our last day. Hotel were useless. No emergency maintenance on hand, my husband fixed it but I wanted the hotel to clean up the toilet water - 9am I got a housekeeper from up the hall to clean the pool of water and wet towels up so we could get showered and leave. However, this all appears to be acceptable to the Coco Key and Thomsons as when asked if Thomson had ever received any complaints about the hotel they said no, now you know that's not true,

6  Thank micmax
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I have seen some of the reviews on this resort, and think people are expecting too much! It's a 3 star hotel. So far our stay has been ok, the room is well sized and clean, two double beds which are comfortable. The air conditioner is very noisy, and the bath tap drips constantly. The room was cleaned very well by Gwen, no hint of the damp smells some reviewers have mentioned, also I haven't seen any roaches. We haven't tried the pool or the water park yet, so can't comment on those.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

First, the rooms aren't the worst I've stayed in, but far from what I expected. At one point we had a cockroach on our wall, the bathroom was disgusting, and it was clear that the room was very rarely swept. Under the bed was gross-as was behind the couch. At one point during our week stay, in the middle of the day the hotel had a water leak in our building, so they shut the water off--without telling anyone. We had to call 3 times down to the front desk with no answer. Finally we walked down there and demanded answers. Thankfully we didn't have anything planned because we couldn't use our bathroom or shower for half a day. They never offered us another room.
Secondly, the food at this "resort" is absolutely disgusting. It's overpriced and barely edible. The drinks we ordered were overpriced, and there is a family of squirrels living inside the tiki bar ceiling. These squirrels run all over the place, eating food out of trash cans and walk all over the tiki bar itself. GROSS. Even the bar tender said he thought it wasn't sanitary but his management wouldn't get rid of them.
As for the water resort, it's fine but nothing special. The pools seemed clean, and the lifeguards were very professional and helpful. The hotel staff? Not nearly as professional. At one point when we stopped up at the front desk, the girl had her boyfriend and other friends hanging out behind the desk and clearly didn't want to be bothered by us.
This place is fine if you're going to universal and will barely be in your room. Past that, it's not worth the money. Don't eat there. Don't order drinks because the bar tenders don't have any idea what they're doing--go across the street to the market and buy beer instead to take to your room. Make sure your room is cleaned properly. And don't expect the hotel staff to be helpful. Seems like a decent weekend for a family with children as they do provide a lot of activities for kids. But clearly the management here isn't focusing on things that matter--like cleanliness and professionalism.

4  Thank MelHes
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Firstly we arrived at the front of the hotel and got a very poor and unhelpful reception when asking where the entrance for the water park was.

There are also no lockers which meant that one of us had to stay with the bag and don't go to the fast food at peak time , you will wait a ridiculous amount of time.

However the water park itself was very good fun.