“Great choice to visit Disney”

Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
Ranked #123 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
New York
“Great choice to visit Disney”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We recently stayed here for two nights for our one day trip to visit Disney (Epcot - see that review separately).
THE GOOD:
Price: $107 per night which included breakfast (Gold HH members). You can get to go containers too!
Free Disney Shuttle: We also took the free shuttle to park.
We did not get maid service (our request) so we made sure we requested extra towels.
Pool: Also, on our final morning, we wanted to take advantage of the pool..which was really nice to relax and enjoy!
Basketball court was enjoyed by the kids!

THE BAD:
Upon checking in, the room we were given the key card did not work. Turns out someone was already occupying this room..SORRY! So back to front desk, for "new" room.
Door to bathroom did not stay shut...just make sure everyone knows not to bother you!
A/C noisy and goes on and off to maintain temperature..so it kinda gets too cold, then too hot..etc.

But overall, we felt we made a good choice, reasonable rate, and we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for "unoccupied" room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JWTraveler2015
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
Summerfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our handicap room was great! There was never a wait for the elevator. Room was a few doors away. Very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Hotel is close to Downtown Disney. The front desk people were quick to get us checked in and very friendly. Liked the room so much we tried to book it for another night but they were all booked up. Breakfast was made to order $9.95, looked fantastic, but we were in a rush and did not get it.

Room Tip: Handicap room 214 was perfect , Kingsize bed. Excellent computer chair at desk and comfy stuffed ch...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank graynblue
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in on 4/6 at 8 pm. The front desk person was very nice & the room was nice. It smelled a little bit funky, like smoke, but I was too tired and wanted to rest. I even ordered pizza and they brought it up to my room.

Breakfast was great! I loved the service of the servers and cook. My only complaint is give the chef some help! You put the eggs bacon potatoes to face the chef, but when he has custom orders, a long line forms for those who want the buffet items. Chef cooks great, but if he had help, I wouldn't have to wait 15 mins for bacon. Or just turn the food to self service. It got so bad, I asked the server and was kind enough to bring me a plate of bacon and sausage.

The free shuttle was excellent and convenient. Saved me time from driving, parking and paying.

The reason I put semi good customer service was the front desk. The first night staff was excellent. After that, not so good. Please tell your front desk to smile and be friendly. I felt like I was bothering them when I had a question. Also, I requested my room to be deodorized after the fist night. Never happened. I hoped the third night it would be cleaned, didn't happen.

Other then that, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Korgirl125
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Can you imagine coming back at 11 pm from a long day on one of the Disney parks with your whole family (5) and get into your room and find out that there are no towels, no soap, no shampoo?

Can you imagine coming back at 8 pm from another long day on one of the Dinsey parks with a hungry troop, (especially tow small kids - 6 and 1) and having to wait more than 30 minutes at the hotel restaurant just to give us the menu?!!!!!

That is what happened to us. If you want your trip to be a nightmare... you have to choose this hotel.

... and I have a Siver occount as a Hilto Honours Member program... can you imagine if you are not?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank victorzamora
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for a conference. Arriving one day earlier than the conference start time, I had the opportunity to enjoy the pool - and the convenience of poolside chairs and towels.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful, very competent in answering questions and helping you find the best deals.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business